Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  11:28:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When interested on assignments I request it then give them a call the next morning. It worked for me to get assigned. If it doesn't appear in the job search, it's been scheduled.

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  06:16:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
WOW! Got a call two days ago about a theater job in my town, and I was told the location more than one time. When I called and said I wasn't going to drive 30 minutes and waste ten hours of my day in another town for 60 dollars, she said I will remove you from this job. As I was saying thank you she hung up on me. Rude!
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2011 :  06:25:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Was I just lucky last night, or did Certified get their Sony report servers into high gear? I expected to have to get up at 4 am today to enter the reports from yesterday, as we had to last round, but last night every screen opened and submitted quickly and without a glitch.
Thanks Certified !!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2011 :  12:21:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
DarL, maybe since you waited til next morning, everyone else got theirs in on the night that work was performed. Most companies require that all reports entered on the day that work was done. I thought Certified was one of them also.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2011 :  6:04:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So, did YOU do all your reports last night?
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2011 :  6:20:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My son has his accounts, he did them today and entered today. When I did them previously, I did enter on the same day. None of my other companies allow for next day entering. Some have cut off of 10 pm even.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  4:09:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does certified pay for printing? I have an assignment that has 17 pages of instructions and they want 2 of those pages printed 3 times. It seems like a lot of paperwork for a 15 minute/$4 job. Is this the norm?
Go to Top of Page

KarenMSW
Valued Contributor

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  7:10:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KaritoWA

Does certified pay for printing? I have an assignment that has 17 pages of instructions and they want 2 of those pages printed 3 times. It seems like a lot of paperwork for a 15 minute/$4 job. Is this the norm?

If it's the Freezer Audit Jobs, don't bother. Looking at the paperwork online once should be enough to get you through. They are extremely self-explanatory on the field form. I would recommend (maybe) printing them once if you've never done them before, but the paperwork hasn't changed and I've done them multiple times over the last few years. Just print your LOA and Field Form for each job and you're good to go. The paperwork seemed to me to be very repetitive and overkill. An alternative would be to take a laptop with you and just review it via Wi-Fi when you are out in the field. I actually had to do that at a gift card reset because I left the 2 pages I needed at home. But...the store was next to a coffee shop with Wi-Fi so I logged on and just kept reviewing my screen for each row and saved myself an hour of driving and stress. HTH! And no, they do not pay for printing.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  12:59:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has any one done the 7-Eleven gift cards reset? They're 3',6' or 9' resets. I'm wondering if they're taking longer than 2.5 hrs. I'm scheduled for 5 locations and all boxes shipped on the same day then I have 24 hrs to complete them. UPS has to delivery early in the morning for it to work out for me.
Any advise would be helpful and appreciated.

This was also an assignment with 20 pages of instuctions to print and 3 additional pages for each location.

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  05:25:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dar-L... I have to enter a report for a job I did yesterday as we had t-storms and I pulled the plugs on all electrical items I have about 6 PM..... no faxing..... no tv and no computer. Anywho I do enter reports late at tiems. It is no biggie and I have no cut offs either. The ultimate way to do the job is do the work and enter the data and fax all orders immediately. BTW ...what are you doing for work these days since the DL ordeal?

KaritoWA.... I wish they did pay for printing. Anyway I have my printer preferece set on draft to save loads on ink. It is true tho.... lots of times you do not have to print everything once you have printed it once.
Go to Top of Page

KarenMSW
Valued Contributor

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  6:57:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MaryRod

Has any one done the 7-Eleven gift cards reset? They're 3',6' or 9' resets. I'm wondering if they're taking longer than 2.5 hrs. I'm scheduled for 5 locations and all boxes shipped on the same day then I have 24 hrs to complete them. UPS has to delivery early in the morning for it to work out for me.
Any advise would be helpful and appreciated.

This was also an assignment with 20 pages of instuctions to print and 3 additional pages for each location.

I did several of the resets last week. All were 6' and took me between 1.5 and 2 hours each. The longest time was peeling the stickers and then counting the cards. Not too bad, though, and it got quicker the more I did. One thing that made it easier was not to strip the entire display first because I was then tripping over old cards. I would purge the out-of-date cards to make space on the POG and then move cards / change out stickers when needed to fill the empty spaces. A lot of referring back to the POG but it was quicker than trying to figure out where I put the ones that needed to go back on the POG.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

Sherry Lyons
Contributor

Halsey, OR
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  10:13:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mary Rod, I just did one of these on Monday at a seven eleven that was six feet in length. It was pretty easy to do. I just moved everything on the top row off and put the new signage up and then worked with the brands that was on the planogram usually four at a time. The store has a better print out of how the signage should go. Ask them for it. Also on the gaming side you can take off the dividers in between rows and move them up or town or see if the store even wants them back in place. Ask the store personnel on cards they have in the back room or in the box they could have been shipped. We had around nine old styles that came off of the set. Things move around a bit but it was easy to do. Once you find the backer stickers on the sheets most of them are in order of what needs to be done by working in fours. The new header is easy to put up and the plans are easy to follow. Hope this helps

Sherry Lyons
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  08:39:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked the fist one yesterday I had two planned for that area, but didn't work out that way. Manager told me to leave the boost cards as they were I could do what I wanted/needed to the rest of the section. It was a 6' I was left with 1/4 of that which meant 4 pegs across. Not sure what to do! what part of POG? Spent 30 mins calling the HELP desk, didn't get through. I just started with the section of games since that's what they had. My bigger problem was removing those cards from the peg hooks, can't beleive how hard it was even just to move them if I left them full. The cards fit too thight on them even to place the new cards was hard. Having to keep putting quarters on the parking meter pissed me OFf. Took a few needed dollars of my GAS money. I needed to call HELP desk again when finished since I went over, this added another 15 mins. Total time 4 1/2 hours 45mins of it what calling them, and waiting for an answer.

Still have problems with the pictures I took them with my daughters cell phone, and she needs to email them to me, doesn't know how, so I haven't entered the report. WHAT can I do now?

I now have to make a second trip to this METER TOWN tomorrow (today),(better yet) another day. I'll work on others today.

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  08:47:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How on earth does this company stay in business - they have so many failures, one after another after another - procedures, computer issues, instructions, etc...
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  09:57:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't understand, what failures? Procedures and instructions are clear,I take pictures of my reports since we don't mail them anymore and I don't have a scanner. When we do have to mail them the following day I put an extra stamp and they get my mail faster, I learned this from another company. I asked the mail carrier and it's true. The help desk isn't always busy, they've been available. When I have computer issues like these past two weekends I had open movie checks my brother pissed off at me cut all the wires to my computer. For the second weekend I had to call in my reports and they entered them for me the next morning. Of course I had to solve my issue ASAP, I'm using my daughter's computer.

It's the $3-4 dollar assignments making them money, I don't take nothing less than $10 even for just a few blocks away.

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2011 :  07:41:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I took the F$ as a permanent assignment but I do not see the jobs listed for June yet. Don't they do them every month?
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2011 :  08:34:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Barb, they are usually monthly. I think there is 1 or 2 months that are not serviced but don't remember which. Usually around the middle of the month is when the service happens. Son has seen his yet either, but he had 2 last month.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Malvina
Apprentice

Scottsburg, IN
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2011 :  12:45:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just a caution, because this is the second time they have done this to me.

I have a permanent assignment (weekly), at an agreed-upon rate. I get this rate for four or five months. Then I suddenly get a direct deposit for a couple of weeks of work at a much lower rate. I call, and they say that I have "done something" to make this happen. Of course, I have done nothing. The last time this happened, I told them I could not do the weekly assignment at that rate, so they took the assigments off my list. Several weeks later, they called me and asked me to pick it up again at my previous higher rate.

Six months later, it happens again.

When I called today, I had one person insist that I had been getting the lower rate for the past five months, even though I had the payroll information to prove otherwise. She bumped me over to Scheduling who told me that they won't pay more, so I asked them to take me off again.

They did not handle this very professionally, in my opinion. this surprises me, because I have found them to be very professional in the past, and also much more friendly on the phone than they were today. It makes me wonder if something else is going on...
Followup to my comment -

When I reported to the payroll folks that I was underpaid, they quickly paid me for every assignment that was underpaid. Three weeks after this whole thing happened, I got a call from Scheduling asking me to do this job "today or tomorrow". They have now put it back on my schedule as a weekly job at the higher rate.

So, I don't know what the glitch was, but it appears to be all straightened out.

Go to Top of Page

LuptonInVirginia
Valued Contributor

Virginia
USA
104 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2011 :  07:30:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I worked for them they bumped my pay down as well. I was told I would get a certain amount of pay for each store but within a matter of months I found they were paying almost half what they agreed to.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2011 :  04:57:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Still no F$ jobs...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums