Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  1:43:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So they tell us, but not completely accurate...

Clients work closely with scheduling companies. Scheduling companies have lots of say in dates selection, since they have to assure client of available manpower. Scheduling companies also have to draft and debug instructions and reports for their web sites, requiring advance planning on their end.

Or, Maybe the BIG 3 discount store chains all get together and pick the same date?
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  6:16:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know what you mean Dar-L...I am thankful for the work too! I now have 7 jobs to do for them but not on all in the same day.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2011 :  8:50:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I have decided to start working for Certified again. It may be a hassle at times, but I do need the income. I called this afternoon and got reactivated with no problems at all.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  4:23:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
CMS has messed with my jobs too many times now. First I took a permanent assignment>>> they gave it to someone else. Then I was told the Radio Shack visits were cancelled by the client and I had signed up for 2 so I called twice to make sure they were cancelled. Yes ...I was told they were all cancelled so they were taken off my schedule. Now I see them being bonused and of course were given to someone else... I had asked about 3 POS jobs in my area and I was told I had to take 6. A week after that I see the 3 stores I had asked about were given to someone else. Oh come on already..
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  4:35:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had work at Radio Shack this last week for another company, then found out the Radio Shack prefers doing all POP and upgrading themselves. So I'm not expecting to have ANY work in Radio Shack.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
785 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  5:36:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarlaB

I had work at Radio Shack this last week for another company, then found out the Radio Shack prefers doing all POP and upgrading themselves. So I'm not expecting to have ANY work in Radio Shack.

Was that doing the Toshiba Thrive tablet updates? We had that job at BDS and I lost 17 Radio Shacks. I had turned down another project to do them too. Really ticked me off. Beyond frustrating.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  05:44:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's the one I was talking about. I only had 1, but 1 is better than none. Otherwise, I only had OD, BB and HHGregg. I have a wonderful OD and BB, they taught me alot and was there to hold my hand if needed.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  9:15:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay, I have a question about the DG changeout/inventory visits. It's been about 2 years since I did any work for Certified and stuff has changed on the DG visits! Do we have to take a photo of the fixture after it's been set to POG?? I knew before I left, we had to take a photo on some??

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  07:23:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Last round a photo was expected.

With Certified, best to ALWAYS snap a pic before leaving, any project.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  08:05:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes the Toshiba projects were the ones I was supposed to do then they told us they were all cancelled...they took thehm off my schedule and then bonused them and gave them to someone else. I do have 2 easy and local jobs to do for CMS @ F$ next week if they do not give those to someone else to. They seem to have a problem in the scheduing dept. I have jobs from Feb 2011.. I asked them to take off but they are still on there.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  6:08:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have received 3 calls for the same job, over the last 24 hrs, which I had declined, and no one admits to reading any messages regarding this assignment. I hope someone in the office is watching this forum.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  7:08:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My phone has been ringing constantly too. I'd forgotten about how many phone calls one gets from CMS. Fortunately, the schedulers that have called have been really polite and pleasant to talk too! I don't mind the calls when the person calling is polite and friendly.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2011 :  12:40:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Evidently, I upset someone. I have de=activated again. I just threatened to report the schedulers to one of their bosses. Must have struck a raw nerve.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2011 :  3:02:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Schedulers have the authority to de-activate merchandisers too.

Sorry this happened to you.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2011 :  4:04:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't found any work from them, recently, that I wanted to do, so it's not a big problem. Getting 4 calls in 24 hrs on a pre-paid phone starting getting more than they pay for work.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2011 :  4:12:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I sometimes get a dozen or more calls from them in a day. Yes, it uses up airtime, but we can always let the calls go to voicemail.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2011 :  09:05:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, CMS is so messed up. I cancelled a job for next week and the reply was not good. If they deactivate me I could care less. I only have 1 job for them. I have lost so much work from the schedulinf dept. going both ways. Cancel no cancel then bonus and give bonused jobs away to someone else other then the person that took them orignally.. CMS has respect from me.
Go to Top of Page

CharlotteAM

High Ridge, MO
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2011 :  07:01:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anybody else have issues with getting said for the goldtoe assignments back in june? i'm still awaiting remainder of payment for one of my stores.
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2011 :  1:04:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just downloaded the paperwork for the DVD grocery jobs. My biweekly store was changed to once a month. My weeklies were changed to twice a month. They stated that they knew this could inconvenience people who relied on these jobs---but put the ball in our court by giving us little helpful hints about how to increase sales so we could visit the store more frequently. Yeah, right! I dutifully record what is OOS and they never sent the items. Oh well. It is what it is.

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2011 :  3:31:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It takes a few weeks for our reported OOS to bring titles into stores, usually 2-3 weeks. I do Sony at grocery stores also, but for another company.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums