Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  10:03:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maralyn,

That isn't the way it is in Louisiana. I do WM for other companies and did them for Certified until I resigned from Certified. They have never allowed photos in the stores here unless a letter from WM Corporate office was presented. I guess it depends on the city it is located in and the different store managers.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2011 :  05:26:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been allowed to take photos only ONE time and the mgr stated that it was a special circumstance AND I had to be sure that the photo ONLY showed what I did that day. This has happened only the 1 time and never again. My WMs are in Indiana and I have regular ongoing monthly work in each of them (with another company), and I don't want to lose that regular income. That company understands that WM is the way they are, and the company will work around WM's wishes.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2011 :  05:28:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Margorie,

I wonder if the companies that we work for make those arrangements, because I have 5 teammates in Lousiana, they make the same pictures that I do. Infact, there are all togather 350 of us on a Dedicated team, we make the same pictures. I have been doing this for 8 years and never once been questioned. I work in Ar, Tn, Ms and Mo.
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2011 :  06:01:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maralyn,

I am a Unit Manager for a Company that has a contract with Wal-Marts. Honestly in the 5 years I have been with that company I really have not been questioned either.

In the last Six Months however stores where I have had no issues with have approached me and asked for a Letter of Authorization or to stop taking Pictures. Normally It's a Jr. Level of Management that makes a big deal out of it. So just go and do something else until they are out of the area and go back and take a Picture as needed.

It really all boils down to what Store you are in and if Management knows you. When Wal-Mart changes Managers to different shifts and they are not used to you, that is where the problem happens. One ASM at Wal-mart explained it was more because of competition to Wal-Mart that they made up that rule so Target or another competing Store did not take photos of Wal-Marts Mods.

Another thing about Vendor Badges. Wal-Mart is not uniform with this and alot of my 30 or so Stores have been getting on vendors for not having badges. Normally I always get a badg at Customer service when I sign in the Vendor Log. Some stores don't have any up their. So I will just go to the back Grocery Receiving and get one.

When it all boils down to being in a Store, just do what they ask. If they say no Pictures, then just don't take them and notify your boss or make a comment that WM didn't want you taking photos in the Store at this time.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2011 :  12:08:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maralyn,

I don't know...guess it depends on the manager on duty at the time. I also think that it might be because they don't want the competition photographing their mods. I've never had any problems doing the job as I always sign in and get one of their vendor tags but have had problems with the photo taking. I would just tell them I understood and when they walked away take the photo without being seen. I don't do alot of work in WM anymore and it has been some time since I have so maybe their regulations have changed.
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2011 :  07:46:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have taken photos as needed for the company i work for but its always the management knows about it as it does vary store to store, manager to manager. Security being what it is why sneak around? Its not worth it just as easy to explain in your paperwork that manager didnt allow it. We do. M
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2011 :  07:57:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Or maybe they're tired of all the "People of Wal-mart" pics floating around the net!
Seriously tho, If a company provides a LOA that states pics are needed, I will take the pics, and show the letter to anyone that questions me. But no LOA, no pics, and I explain the reason in the report comments. Same with other chain stores.
Never had a problem.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2011 :  09:15:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So I guess that's why most LOA's I get for WM stores are from WM instead of other clients. Most are signed by a WM buyer.
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  11:40:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Company just called me again!

They WILL NOT leave me alone! I take making my account "Inactive" as a termination. These "Account Managers" keep calling me wanting info on assignments that I completed. As far as I am concerned I won't and do not have to give any info to this company. When I tell this "Account Manager" that my account was Terminated they get all mad and start yelling at me.

This is getting on the verge of harassment. They are telling me at the Customer Service level they cannot get rid on my account. That's all I am asking for. I just want them to go away!

Seriously,

Stay away from this company. 20 or more assignments and they will start calling you a liar etc...

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  1:31:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ed, I've had that happen to me. They hang up when I say "You guys fired me, why should I take this call". They didn't call again.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2011 :  07:31:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
After all that they still paid me!

my question is if they are calling me a liar and blah blah blah, they can't say the money was an overpayment and take it out of my bank account can they? I don't think they can but this company is really shady in my eyes.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1709 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2011 :  07:52:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can think of another word besides "shady" but that post would be deleted. I sent them a post.. thanks so much for taking away my assignments, giving them to someone else with a bonus. It makes me feel like a valued employee.

I deactivated myself and called them to say I am done with CMS. This is the third time they took a job away from me and gave someon else a bonus to do the job I was scheduled to do. 3 strikes and I am OUT!!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2011 :  11:21:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Back a few years ago, I had heard that IF someone could direct deposit to your account, they could also direct un-deposit the same amount. This was not from a bank official, so I don't know.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2011 :  1:09:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla,

I have also heard that. I did some double checking on this. From what I was told the only people that can take money from your account besides a payment that you schedule for something is the IRS. Other then that it's Illegal for a Company to take funds from your bank Account. If say an overpayment has been made, normally they just would deduct that amount from your next check or deduct from your checks until they get that amount.

Plus, since I don't trust this company the funds have already been taken out of the bank!

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2011 :  1:27:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
thanks Ed for confirming what I suspected and I don't blame you. My money usually doesn't stay in the account for very long either. I don't miss those calls from them. I do miss being able to add something into my route, but not enough to try to get back with them.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2011 :  06:16:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did some work for them before but they are rude when they call. I had a problem with pictures uploading so I called in and they told me to complete the reports then email the pics. Next days I get an email telling me I cant do that. Call in and the lady says they reopened those reports for me to re-enter. That was 3 stores. They reopened ALL 8 and I had to re-do them all and re-upload all the pictures!

I had taken some permanent F$. Quite a few stores for once a month BUT they dont tell you that you have a 2 day window! 18 stores in 2 days?? And alot of mine are a lil spread out AND I accepted them at $15 each but now they only pay $8? No i dont think so. Ill wait till they arent taken again then do the service or they may can me for declining 14 of the visits I dont know but thats impossible in 2 days.

Merchandiser with 2 years experience seeking work in the Longview, Texas area!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2011 :  07:16:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you remove yourself, those jobs do not show back up in your searched assignments.

Only some of the F$ are 2 day, most have been 5-7 days. Most of the 2day that I've seen are recalls.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2011 :  07:18:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you remove yourself, those jobs do not show back up in your searched assignments.

Only some of the F$ are 2 day, most have been 5-7 days. Most of the 2day that I've seen are recalls.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2011 :  10:11:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
All the F$ that I have coming up in October have a 3-day window listed. My experience is that usually if the assignment is completed in the week it started in the field, they are usually okay. This is true on the DG's and Fred's stores at least.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2011 :  3:49:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone else have to do the phone training this week for the DVDs? What's going on??????

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums