Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2011 :  5:55:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Son hasn't heard anything about training, he does DG.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2011 :  6:29:02 PM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got the notice. It was listed under the movie project at the grocery chain.

Mark
MSPA Gold Shopper and Professional Merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2011 :  6:57:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yup, mine is for the grocery chain. Can't imagine what it's about---they have already cut the frequency of my visits. I already understand about the returns.

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  1:19:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do movies thru another company and we had some extra training because there were some people returning movies to wrong studios. Probably the same training. Some people just can't read, probably nobody on this forum, but others????? Me, my fingers can't type today, hopefully a short-term problem.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

CHOwen
Valued Contributor

North Greenbush, NY
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  10:18:55 AM  Visit CHOwen's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ed, with all due respect, I checked your account and found that you registered with us about a month ago. You have not completed any assignments, and therefore have no pay history. Your account is active, and was never deactivated. You initially had 10 assignments that were removed because they were not completed. You self assigned 7 more on 9/27, and these are still outstanding.

Are we both referring to the same company, or is there a mixup? If you are referring to CMS, aka Market Force, aka Certified Field Associates, please know that you can cancel assignments, and deactivate your account at any time. If what you are saying is in reference to our company, I don't know why you would keep your account open, and take assignments.

quote:
Originally posted by EdMikes

Company just called me again!

They WILL NOT leave me alone! I take making my account "Inactive" as a termination. These "Account Managers" keep calling me wanting info on assignments that I completed. As far as I am concerned I won't and do not have to give any info to this company. When I tell this "Account Manager" that my account was Terminated they get all mad and start yelling at me.

This is getting on the verge of harassment. They are telling me at the Customer Service level they cannot get rid on my account. That's all I am asking for. I just want them to go away!

Seriously,

Stay away from this company. 20 or more assignments and they will start calling you a liar etc...

Chris Owen
Market Force Information
Go to Top of Page

TerryCorsello
Contributor

Rochester Hills, Mi
USA
81 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  12:58:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Chris,
Does you know when they will be updating the theatrical schedule? I like having an idea for the holidays what is up coming.
Thanks
Terry

Silver Certified in Rochester Hills, Mi... I Love audits!! Send me more!
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  1:11:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Chris,

I don't use my real name on the internet forums out of professional courtesy. I suggest you might look into that as well. I did not have an account under my name. So the person you may be referring to very well may just not want to deal with you.

Your company needs to understand that in alot of states it right-to-work and frankly that means that they don't need to tell you anything or do anything once the decide to leave. Honestly I am not going to go into your company and what I personally think should be done with it. I however have some choice words that I don't want to use in a civil forum. What was done is done. Frankly I would would rather work for free then ever deal with you people again.

Point in case is your company deactivated my account, was rude and harassing, and called me a liar. In the end I got paid what you owed me. So I am going to drop it and tell everyone I meet never to deal with your company. If they do they do. If your company would just make it a point that they don't like to payout after a certain amount that would be great. Honestly your company is not the first that has "Suspended" someones account for making to much in a month.

Have a great day.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

CHOwen
Valued Contributor

North Greenbush, NY
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  2:01:30 PM  Visit CHOwen's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ed,

We have a person registered in Salt Lake City Utah with your name, that has not completed any assignments. That person had 7 outstanding assignments until he logged in less than an hour ago and cancelled them. Are you saying that it's not your account, and you have a different account, under a different name? Please let me know so we can straighten this out.

quote:
Originally posted by EdMikes

Chris,

I don't use my real name on the internet forums out of professional courtesy. I suggest you might look into that as well. I did not have an account under my name. So the person you may be referring to very well may just not want to deal with you.

Your company needs to understand that in alot of states it right-to-work and frankly that means that they don't need to tell you anything or do anything once the decide to leave. Honestly I am not going to go into your company and what I personally think should be done with it. I however have some choice words that I don't want to use in a civil forum. What was done is done. Frankly I would would rather work for free then ever deal with you people again.

Point in case is your company deactivated my account, was rude and harassing, and called me a liar. In the end I got paid what you owed me. So I am going to drop it and tell everyone I meet never to deal with your company. If they do they do. If your company would just make it a point that they don't like to payout after a certain amount that would be great. Honestly your company is not the first that has "Suspended" someones account for making to much in a month.

Have a great day.

Chris Owen
Market Force Information
Go to Top of Page

CHOwen
Valued Contributor

North Greenbush, NY
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  2:03:37 PM  Visit CHOwen's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Terry, we'll have a new schedule up shortly that will include the Thanksgiving holiday. I'm glad you follow it!

quote:
Originally posted by TerryCorsello

Chris,
Does you know when they will be updating the theatrical schedule? I like having an idea for the holidays what is up coming.
Thanks
Terry

Chris Owen
Market Force Information
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  3:32:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Chris, I know you are trying to straighten things out, and you have always been professional with me. But some of the people that we have to deal with are not, and I'm not sure they even know what professional attitude is. I have been deactivated again, but I don't care any longer. Hubby and son still does some work for Certified, basically because they are newbies and they are getting experience.

I think perhaps a training session is needed by some of the people that work with the phones are desperately needed.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

CHOwen
Valued Contributor

North Greenbush, NY
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  4:40:44 PM  Visit CHOwen's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Marla,

I haven't been on Volition in quite some time, and I wasn't aware that your account with us was no longer active. If you want, I can take a look and figure out what the issue is. My experience with you is that you've always been understanding and reasonable, and I certainly appreciate that.

There is often some degree of misinformation in many posts, and I try to clarify issues, which I hope benefits everyone. Given the volume of assignments that are assigned and completed every day, misunderstandings are bound to happen. We do like to know about them, and hopefully, we can resolve the issue. Regarding your concerns about communication, I thank you for the feedback. We are continually striving to achieve positive and clear communication.

I know I've posted this before, but it was quite some time ago. Our favorite people are those that accept assignments they know they can complete, and complete them within the timeline that they've accepted. We know unexpected situations can occur, and cancellations as soon you're aware are most appreciated, so that we can react quickly to assign someone else.

Thanks for your post, Marla!

Chris Owen
Market Force Information
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  02:12:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris, I'm glad your on. I have been with CMS-Market Force since 2003. I have completed a huge amount of work over the years. There is a gift card reset I just finished. I think the caps you put on underestimate at the very least-to being quite low. I certainly would not quit mid-job and did not. I called the company. I stated it was not enough time to do it correctly. I was told I needed more description or it could not get OK'ed. The person said they needed more. I got spicy I was frustrated this was a total reset and count. The point is in a large city with much traffic and gas at almost $4 A person not to mention cost of parking is almost doing these things as a favor. I expect to gain not volunteer. I did routes with multiple stores. I got cut from 8-6 dollars. When someone gains experience they should get more not less.
One last note. I enjoy theater assignments and have done dozens. I'm respectfull to managers and go about my business. When I first moved to VA a few years ago I decided to pick up where I left off. I was doing a trailer check. I finished and saught out the manager. he was friendly. He was just bending over to sign my form when one of your checkers flew at me and said Don't bother the manager. Both he and I just stood in momentary shock. I was speechless at the unprofessional conduct the person displayed as I was going about my business and doing what was needed. I did not take another theater job for two years. I have not ever been bothered again so far since I have resumed and I hope I never meet another person such as that. Your company needs to treat well and pay well those who show up and complete their tasks. I'm a fan, but not of low pay.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  05:51:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Chris, I'm ok. I work for several companies that refer work to you, so in my area, I usually get the work that I want from them. And with the holiday season gearing up, I'll be more than busy. If I was activated again, I would be getting alot of calls asking for the boondock work and not enough money for the gas. I don't think people realize that not everywhere is 'just around the corner'. I find that those people are ones that have only lived in a big city and probably couldn't find places that you and I know from 'way-back'. You should visit, you wouldn't recognize the place.

When I'm ready, I'll contact you.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  07:51:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandra Wright -

HI! I believe that YOU did an excellent job of representing all merchandisers with your post.

Your comments could be applied equally to several companies.
(About the pay and gas, etc...)

THANKS!
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  08:09:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Chris,

As I stated that is not me. My real name is not even close. As far as being professional, I understand you are trying to help. If you were to read my posting you would have saw that I used my real name when I was doing work for your company. My Screen Name here is one I use so nobody in my 40 Hr A week Job knows I am here.

As you can see alot of companies use this forum as a tool to gauge employee concerns etc.. I can't have my company taking action on me if I decide to vent in a forum about the way something happened. So that is why I use EdMikes.

As far as being polite, you are probably the nicest person from your company I have interacted with. What happened between me and your company is done and over. Bottom line is even though we had disagreements with the way things were handled, I was paid for my work. As far as I am concerned it's over and done.

Now,with the assignments your company is not the only one whom decides to "Deactivate" people because of making to much income in a certain time period. It may be easier to just inform people of this before they are called "Liars" from your company and "Deactivated". And when "Deactivated" they get harassing calls from your company. I may suggest that once a person is "Deactivated" just don't have any contact again. I was getting harassed by one of your "Account Managers" when I was in a store talking to the Client. the Client heard your "Account Manager" keep calling and talking in a loud tone. And this was a large Client that your company deals with as well.

Also, your company needs to understand that most of the people are doing this for extra income. Personally I have a territory that covers Five states. I was just doing this to make contacts in the Stores if that makes sense. It's always good to know Managers and network.

As far as myself being professional, I think I am being very professional here. I am being civil considering what happened.

So lets just end this ok? Whats done is done. Again, I am not the person that you keep referring and checking on.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  02:00:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
EdMikes, Well said I hope CMS gains something from these comments. Thanks Val2121.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

CHOwen
Valued Contributor

North Greenbush, NY
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  12:32:13 PM  Visit CHOwen's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the feedback. Did you get resolution on your reset assignment? Our intention is not to give people requesting more time the runaround; it's that not everyone here can approve increases, and there is a process. As I'm sure you can understand, there needs to be steps taken to determine which increase requests are valid.

I'm curious about your theatre check experience. Do you know what that other person was doing there? Are you sure they were one of our checkers? I'm not sure why we would have 2 checkers there at the same time. Regardless, their behavior certainly seems odd.

Chris Owen
Market Force Information
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2011 :  8:39:28 PM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am about to pull my hair out (what little I have). I have 10 upcoming FD assignments. The dates for the assignments are this Monday to Wednesday (10-12).
As per the instructions as well as calling the stores no visits to be done on Wednesday due to truck day.
Well, according to FedEx, my needed materials aren't scheduled to arrive until Tuesday. I receive tons of packages, like most, from all shipping companies and I can almost set my clock to the ground shipment will arrive in the afternoon at my doorstep.
So, I do the logical thing and contact the help desk. Explain to them that I can't do the assignment on Monday or Tuesday due to no materials, and aren't schedluled to arrive until sometime Tuesday. I also explain I leave at 6am every morning for all my work for the day. I also inform them Wednesday is out because of truck day at all my sites and only one of 10 says I can come in on that day. I requested they need to be pushed to Friday. I was told no. Thursday is the latest they can be pushed.
I guess the next step is calling in Monday and speak to the next highest up on the food chain. I have 5 assignments each in 9 of the stores and 6 assignments in the other. Each store will average roughly 2 hours. There is not enough hours in a day to do these. Even if I come back home on Tuesday after finishing work for my other companies, and the packages have arrived, I will be lucky to knock out one. My math calculates 10 stores at 2 hours or so each, totals 20 hours, I am good, just not that good.

Mark
MSPA Gold Shopper and Professional Merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2011 :  10:00:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Don't sweat it Mark. Happens all too often to me.

I'm told by supervisors to always update status for the day you expect to have all jobs completed, NOT when you plan to start them. Along with the date in the status update, you can also type in comments about why etc.

Waiting on shipments is just part of this business. The situation so many of us are currently in, along with you, will become clear to them in a few days.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  04:21:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by CHOwen

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the feedback. Did you get resolution on your reset assignment? Our intention is not to give people requesting more time the runaround; it's that not everyone here can approve increases, and there is a process. As I'm sure you can understand, there needs to be steps taken to determine which increase requests are valid.

I'm curious about your theatre check experience. Do you know what that other person was doing there? Are you sure they were one of our checkers? I'm not sure why we would have 2 checkers there at the same time. Regardless, their behavior certainly seems odd.

Thanks Chris. I think that I had gotten the OK. Last I knew it was under review the scheduler has passed it along. I called when I arrived home to let them know how long it took. In the past on some forms there have been a place to put why you went over. I know the store manager was pleased on my end. As for the theater. I did not ask the person to ID herself. I have been under the impression CMS has persons in place to see that work is done. That I can understand. That being said, for that person to interfair in such a harsh manner when a person like myself is interacting with a manager and wrapping up a task in unexcuseable. This occured about three 1/2 years ago in June or July. I'll look that up. I have done several assignments in theaters since with no problems It took me a while to go back in after that.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums