Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  7:48:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I always have found the waiting room audits to be very quick. Usually about 10 minutes max. Easy money if you are going to be in the area, but not worth driving out of your way for.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  01:15:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The TV audits are easy but you now have to take a photo of a medical advertising board that is on the wall in addition to anything else that is not in compliance. You are also required to watch a 10 minute video and take a certification test which is very easy before being assigned any locations. The audits have been going on for about a year and not bad if you can get a few in the same area but they are limiting them to 5 locations per person and have reduced the pay.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  9:26:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As for the TV audits, the locations in my area seemed to have gone up in pay (I guess b/c of the video to watch.). . .although I could have read the details wrong.

Those of you that do the Anagram balloons, I noticed that an extra task has been added for the week of Oct. 19th, just to give a heads up.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Winona
Valued Contributor

Huntsville, AL
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  08:59:01 AM  Visit Winona's Homepage  Send Winona an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan B.

As for the TV audits, the locations in my area seemed to have gone up in pay (I guess b/c of the video to watch.). . .although I could have read the details wrong.

Those of you that do the Anagram balloons, I noticed that an extra task has been added for the week of Oct. 19th, just to give a heads up.

2 extra tasks on mine-- checking for one display, cutting 3 products into shelf & restocking another one. And all that is only supposed to take 30 minutes extra. Give me a friggin break

Winona
Servicing north Huntsville, Harvest, Toney, Meridianville, Hazel Green, New Market, AL as well as Ardmore & Fayetteville, TN
Go to Top of Page

Winona
Valued Contributor

Huntsville, AL
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  09:05:13 AM  Visit Winona's Homepage  Send Winona an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
My other current beef with Ceritfied---

FD projects began today and go thru Sunday, altho they ask that you avoid the weekend. The shipped materials just shipped on FRIDAY, and are due to be delivered sometime WEDNESDAY. Of course, that's IF they are not on holiday today and IF the FedEx driver doesn't decide I'm too far out & holds package another day--- or if he doesn't decide he can't find me (yes, both have happened more than once)

WTH can't they get materials shipped on time? Of the last 6 FD projects, only twice have the materials arrived before the start date.

Winona
Servicing north Huntsville, Harvest, Toney, Meridianville, Hazel Green, New Market, AL as well as Ardmore & Fayetteville, TN
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  10:14:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Fedex delivered my sons package for his FD job on Saturday, with start date of Monday (today). I was surprised to have a delivery on Saturday, but with Columbus Day being today, it makes sense.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  5:37:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So I was going to do my Office Max's today - but it says to wait until the 15th. That would be fine, however I'm having surgery tomorrow and will be recovering all week - can't even drive. So I called them AND left them messages on Saturday, again on Sunday and again today. Got a call back saying they can not go until next week with the projects.
Well what the heck am I suppose to do? I mean I'm having surgery - it wasn't something planned ahead (found out last week that I need it).
I emailed them back and asked what they'd like me to do with the stuff - seems since THEY pushed off the start date that they could be a little more understanding when that doesn't work for someone.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  6:14:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The set-ups at Office Max got pushed back, so keep your materials. You should probably call and cancel and explain why. However, the paperwork said that we didn't have to wait until the 15th. When I downloaded it this evening, it said we could start today (12th).

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  8:51:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
God, what a confusing day re" CMS. Jonathan I don't even have the 10/19 balloons on my schedule because I can't get the f--- store to order any helium. Haven't had any for over a month now!! AND no new price stickers because they can never find the "new" shipments. But that is the easy part of today:

I have 4 permanent FD assignments 2 "A" stores & 2 "B" stores. I went to one of my B stores first this AM & made the mistake of changing out their scan cards when it was only supposed to be done at the A stores. My mistake. I could've sworn the instructions on this were the same for all the stores. I even was sure I saw the questions regarding this on the field form for this particular store. (blaming it on a Sr. moment) Next I go to an A store & that is when I realized I did not have enough scan cards for all 4 stores & consequently realized what had happened. I called CMS, admitted to my mistake & told them I had another A store to go to but that I would need another set of scan cards but I did not mention the location of this other store. They tell me to NOT go to this store until the new scan cards arrive. To do no part of the visit till then. Well, this store is close to home & since I am in there almost every week for other things I decided it was a waste of time to come back for this service. So I did everything but the scan cards (actually the mngr had already done the Kimberly Clark cut-ins) , planning on just holding onto the report until the scan cards came, placing them & then filing the report. When I get home I find out this store has been changed to a B store, for some reason, so I won't need the scan cards after all; I checked, dbl checked & triple checked. I'm glad I went ahead & did the work but now the screens aren't ready to file reports on. Add to that one of the 4 stores has disappeared from the schedule & it is one I was planning on doing tomorrow so I guess I'll do it in case it shows up when I get home tomorrow. I sent them a message about it. Oh, but we're not through yet.

I do DVDs in FL. I go to the store today, somebody (nobody knows who) has taken it upon themselves to remove all the Halloween DVDs from the corrugate & place them on one of the saddlebags of the main display. To do this they moved the movies from that saddlebag onto side 1 & side 2 of the display, mixing them in with the movies already there, By that, I mean mixing 2-3 titles all in one slot. I told the store that these movies were a different price & were not supposed to be on the main display. They had already destroyed the corrugate so they asked that I just leave the Halloween DVDs where they were, because "they had no place else to put them" What a POG nightmare that was. I ended up putting all the Halloween DVDs on the bottom 3 rows of the saddlebag & the movies that were supposed to be there I placed into empty spots on the main part of the rack. Hope that tomorrow goes better for me. One more FD & one more FL to do.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  8:53:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Winona I got my materials last week for this project.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  12:02:46 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did the project requiring the "thingamabob" a couple of weeks ago. I thought I was done since I did the work which was no real work since all was well. There was a totally unrelated separate task with a totally different job ID at the same store that I failed to bid on. It was due a couple of weeks ago.
You got it. They "volunteered" me to do BOTH projects next week as a single project. After all, I got the "thingamabob." They are only paying a half hour total.
I'm kinda mixed about it. I did the one time project at base pay in order to get my feet wet in that store. It's not far from me and shares the parking lot with a grocery store I service at above base pay. At least I know about this and can plan it in on the same day this time. I'm just not happy about the folded in item as a builtin freebe. I'm not happy about being "volunteered".

UPDATE: REVisED. This update is Saturday. Nothing has been shipped. The job is set for this Monday. Wish them luck getting it to me in time. I told them today it will not get done until the following Monday. The gal at option 2 just said ok. I asked her to note my account.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  1:40:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Winona,

I don't have material to work with either, I agreed to do 5 stores, these stores that are all over 60 miles from me, but I will be working in those areas for another company. I have now changed my schedule twice to make this work, but if that stuff does not make it today, those stores will not get worked. So I guess I will be deactivated again, because I was silly enough to give in and agree to help them out.
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  7:45:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well I finally got the same "test" excuse that Jeff has gotten. I called about my missing store before leaving home this morning. I did not want to do it & then not get paid & I didn't want to not do it & then find it on the schedule again when I got home. Store is 35 mi one way & a trip back to do this assignment would just not be worth it time/money wise. They told me they were conducting a test & that I should go ahead & do the store because when the test was over it would show back up & it is on there tonight. Now as to returning phones. I was told that only the mngr could authorize these returns & do the transfer out. In fact I've found that most asst. mngrs. don't know how to do this process. Usually if the mngr is not there I don't even ask about the phones. Well in this store today the clerk told me there were some phones that needed to go back & I told her about the manager only policy. I overheard her telling this to the asst mangr after I had my paperwork signed & was about to leave. I also heard the asst mngr reply "That's not true" Clerk says well that's what she(me) told me. I'm standing 3 ft away from this conversation. Asst. Mngr : "Well she told you a lie" I took this in a light hearted manner & asked "What did I lie about with a kind of a chuckle" She proceeds to tell me that she can take care of the phones & tells the clerk that I only said this because I didn't want to fool with them. This was done in a half hearted joking manner. I told her that I was instructed to have the mngr. only transfer & that most store employees didn't know how to do the process but now that I knew she could do it, I would take care of it on the next visit. I could've done it right then & there but because of her comments I decided "I didn't feel like doing it" Serves her right. Whgen I first went in I asked for the price strips etc; for the Kimberly Clark project. She didn't even bother looking for them, just said she hadn't seen them. I was also supposed to place some coupons for another company. I got the same answer on those. I guess she "Didn't feel like fooling with it" LOL

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  7:49:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gayle, today was my day when I wanted to scream after leaving a store (actually I did go to the car and do that). At Harris Teeter's we are required to check-in/out with the receiver. Well, this receiver suddenly today doesn't want to sign/doesn't have time to (It takes all of 2 seconds to sign my field form!!) She wants me to go to customer service or a manager. I tried to explain, very politely, that my instructions say that Sony and Harris Teeter both want the receiver to sign. So, from now on I'll just check-in with her and then just get a store stamp w/ the date and put her name on the report. This was the compromise we reached. I don't know what else to do. Surely a store stamp w/ a date will suffice if they ever decide to want a hard-copy of my field form, which hasn't happened yet. (Knock on wood).

What a day. . .Sorry for rambling, but it felt good to vent.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  8:50:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gayle,

The guidelines instruct the representative to meet with the Store Manager or the Manager on Duty in the store for the transfer of the phones. I have been in stores where there are no Store Managers or Store Assistant Managers. I have been informed by the Store Managers that the 3rd Key is the Manager on Duty when they aren't there in the FDs. You are so right about some of the AMs not knowing how to do the transfers LOL....I've been in stores where I've had to show them how to get into the PDT system, do the transfer and print the paperwork.....I'm very fortunate...most of my stores won't take the phones back due dishonest customers who switch out the sims cards, batterys, chargers, etc. and they refuse to take them whatsoever if all parts of the product is not returned. I usually check the tracking information to see when the price labels/strips were received and who received them...then ask for the scymatics if the Store Manager is not there. It's unfortunate that some store staff just doesn't want to take the time to get the materials that is needed to do the job especially when the rep is there to assist them...this has never made any sense to me....Half of the store staff has no clue what a merchandiser has to deal with.....Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  10:00:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marjorie I don't know how to get into the PDT system myself so I couldn't show anybody. Tomorrow will be my last day for the week; just one store to do. Cards & glasses, shouldn't be any problems. This AM today tried to tell me that they hadn't rec'd Oct's "red box" yet. The thing is on my last visit there was somrthing else I needed that couldn't be found & the Oct. box was there then (2 wk. ago) but couldn't be found today.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  10:54:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gayle,

I find that lots of the time they just don't want to take the time to get it. I have learned where they usually keep them and just go to that area when I arrive....you should see some of the surprised looks I get.....LOL....really makes them feel funny when the rep knows more about the store than they do....roflmao. I don't remember how to do the transfer off the top of my head and I haven't even been shipped my materials yet so can't start my stores. I don't know how they expect these stores to be done by the 18th LOL....Next time I'm in the store and have to do a transfer or show someone how to do one I'll jot it down and email the directions to you if you would like me to....it really makes the job easier when I can do any returns while in the store instead of having double the amount the next time if I have to do any.

Marjorie
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  08:11:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Reply that I got today: Many stores were late being shipped. Please wait until the shipment arrives and then tell us when you can complete the project. That is nice, but when I tell them I won't be back in the area for 2 weeks......think they will be happy with that. LOL!!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  1:35:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I finally got my box for FD yesterday. Fedex doesn't want to deliver to my UPS store on Saturdays evendently. The store is open til 3, but this is the 2nd time that fedex marked my POD as 'not available or closed location'. This makes me look bad in Certified's eyes, the first time they even asked me to 'update' my information.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  6:22:47 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Given that I started 9/8/2009 with one project that week and two projects on 9/15/2009, when should I expect my first direct deposit? I'm in that 4 to 6 week window. Perhaps, I'm just hungry.
After that, I have had projects almost every week. Is there a payday pattern to be watchful for?

Yes, my DD has been approved.

Thanks.

I looked at my check history. No checks are listed as being sent out.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums