Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Bolan747
Valued Contributor

New Albany, IN
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  07:31:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done movie work as well, and it is possible to have two checkers from the same company there if they are doing two types of assignments, or for two different movies. The person who said don't bother the manager could have been on a blind check where you are not supposed to let them know what you are doing while there. May have had no clue that there are also those who are doing open checks and trailer checks. I will say that their behavior reflected poorly on them and not on anyone else. If they were there on a blind check, they blew their cover, and if not, then how could they report the manager's name, etc without talking to them and getting a signature? It is also possible that they were there for another compamy.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  12:42:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mark,

I probably won't have all mine done by Wed. I have my shipment, but Monday is out for me b/c of the truck delivery at the stores. I will be hard pressed to get them done in 2 days with as far apart as some of my stores are.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  03:23:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There could be several companies working in a theater. To even approach myself or anyone is a deal breaker. On the other hand if you look back and have read posts going back years. There has been harassment in theaters in the past. I have heard of this in large market areas such as my area. When I was in Ohio I never ran across it.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

Bolan747
Valued Contributor

New Albany, IN
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  05:46:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You are so right! There is no excuse for that and I would hope the theater would complain to whatever company someone like that was working for about their totally unprofessional behavior. I have had someone from another company doing a trailer check for the same film and same showtime as me. We had different things we were auditing, maybe, who knows? But they were professional and so was I. I would not let someone like that get on my nerves. Chances are they won't last long with that kind of an attitude. Someone will report their behavior, and they will likely be couselled or fired.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  10:53:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Evidently I'm not the only one still waiting on last payroll... CMS just posted a message about "technical difficulties" involving payroll delay. This company provides almost half my income. Due to payroll delay, and also to all the distant driving I've done for them recently (read: gas expense!) I'm now in a $$ bind.

Hope they understand why all my jobs this week will be late.

Chris, If you're reading this:
I believe one of the best things your company could do for the morale of the troops would be to post a payment schedule that we could see and around which plan our finances and jobs.
Lots of paychecks arrive in 3-4 days, which is great and for which I thank you. But then there's times when we wait 5-8 days. Then this time.... 10 days and counting. And always with no word at all from the company, no way to get an answer from anyone at CMS about payroll.

BTW Chris, Thanks for participating in this forum.
Go to Top of Page

CHOwen
Valued Contributor

North Greenbush, NY
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  08:39:38 AM  Visit CHOwen's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dar-L,

Payments are scheduled to be processed twice a month, at the beginning, and in the middle of each month. The process includes reviewing, approving, and submitting the payments, which takes 3-4 business days. Sometimes, like this month, the 1st and the 15th are on Saturday, which adds a couple of days to the process. There was also the holiday on Monday, which extended the process by another day. If you have direct deposit, which we strongly recommend, you'll get your payment sooner than if you get a check.

Regarding the most recent pay period, we apologize for this unforeseen delay - those receiving direct deposit should see payments within the next day, checks were mailed out as well and should be received in 3-5 days. For those of you not on direct deposit, it only takes a minute to register by clicking on the "Direct Deposit" link.

Chris Owen
Market Force Information
Go to Top of Page

Amy Newsome
Apprentice

Cheraw, SC
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  09:58:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Chris,

I signed up for direct deposit on my first day.

My first payment came to me in a check and I emailed support asking why.

The response I received was something to the extent of "We send a test or pre authorization to the bank to verify the direct deposit account and this can take 30 days to get a response".

Since then I have had another payment and one more on the way all by check and still no direct deposit. I have verified my banking information two times in the system and all the other companies I work with have had no issues depositing funds into my account.

I am lost as to what to do next to get direct deposit ! Any suggestions?

As for payments in general I am satisfied with the fast and accurate payments on almost all the work I have done. There is only one job that is outstanding and it is about the reach the six week mark that they ask us to wait before emailing about it.

If these are the only troubles I have to deal with I am going to enjoy my future assignments.

Amy N.

Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  10:00:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Chris,
I know that's the way it has always been, but thanks for putting it in print.
Go to Top of Page

CHOwen
Valued Contributor

North Greenbush, NY
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  11:45:42 AM  Visit CHOwen's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amy,

I checked your account, and you were pre-noted on 9/28. This is where a tiny amount (a penny or 2) is deposited in your account for verification purposes. Once the bank indicates that the deposit was successful, you are then on direct deposit. I don't know why the pre-note process took this long, but as soon as the bank sends back verification, you will be on direct deposit, hopefully before the next pay period.

Your payment detail for this last pay period has been posted. I'm not sure what the old assigment that you're waiting on payment is, but you can see the project ID and completion dates for everything you've been paid for.

Chris Owen
Market Force Information
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  11:49:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amy, it does take about a month. They will send 2 deposits, usually just pennies and then 1 withdrawal for the amount that they put in. After confirming that your account is an actual working account, then next pay should come by DD. You should see 2 checks by paper after selecting DD, then the 3rd chek should be direct deposited.

This is be sure that they are not depositing into someone elses account. I've had that happen with another company. Believe me, you want them to be sure.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Amy Newsome
Apprentice

Cheraw, SC
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  12:17:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Chris,

Thank you for checking. I will wait another month before I try to figure it out again.

This is the second time they have sent a "pre-note". The first one was sent on 8/28 according to the response I got that I referred to previously. But I have kids so patience is not an issue :).

As for the one project I was referring to, I did check and it definitely has not been paid out so far. Yesterday was the six week mark since completion. I attempted to send a pay inquiry today, but got an error notice in my email stating the pay inquiry was not able to be delivered. I have no clue what that's about, guess I will have to call them later.

Marla B.,

You are correct, I would rather have them be sure its my account.

Amy N.

Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  05:40:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My first payment came through this morning.

Merchandiser with 2 years experience seeking work in the Longview, Texas area!
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  06:52:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh WOW. Went in to look at my prepaid display service this morning and the document they want you to print is 23....YES 23 pages long? Thats insane. Im not printing all of that. How do they expect you to make any money printing 23 pages and drive time and work time?

Go to Top of Page

CHOwen
Valued Contributor

North Greenbush, NY
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  07:27:33 AM  Visit CHOwen's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote

Wow is right! Some paperwork is lengthy, mainly because it has to cover every possible situation. If you have multiple, recurring visits where the instructions don't change, you could print it out once and keep it for reference, and just print the field form for additional visits. Most people completing these assignments have multiple and permanent locations.

quote:
Originally posted by Sandy R

Oh WOW. Went in to look at my prepaid display service this morning and the document they want you to print is 23....YES 23 pages long? Thats insane. Im not printing all of that. How do they expect you to make any money printing 23 pages and drive time and work time?

Chris Owen
Market Force Information
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  07:40:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well I have 2 store locations, and I understand only printing the item one time but Ive got 4-5 projects for the stores this time. I need to call them but it looks like Im going to get paid for 2 hours and I need to print 40 pages of documents???

Go to Top of Page

CHOwen
Valued Contributor

North Greenbush, NY
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  07:51:36 AM  Visit CHOwen's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't know specifically what assignments you are referring to, but it's important that you have, and understand, whatever instructions are necessary. You could go over the instructions on your computer, and print out the pages that you feel would be necessary to have at the store.

quote:

Well I have 2 store locations, and I understand only printing the item one time but Ive got 4-5 projects for the stores this time. I need to call them but it looks like Im going to get paid for 2 hours and I need to print 40 pages of documents???

Chris Owen
Market Force Information
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  07:52:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Sandy.... Printing expense is becoming an issue recently with CMS. The new F$ setup is crazy; 5 separate reports for one visit!?*? All 13 pages (that's just the report paperwork) could have been condensed down into 3-4 pages of print, like it has been in the past.
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  12:18:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dar-L I agree. And im doing F$ as well.

Even after I reviewed the needed docs and printed only what was absolutely needed I had 23 pages.

They still did not confirm the pay on this. Of course their is no one to answer the phone when it comes to the $$.

Are they only paying me for time in the store??? Or do we get the flat rate for each project? (The others I did were a special flat rate per store) This is 2 projects with 4 tasks? How does that work?

Go to Top of Page

CHOwen
Valued Contributor

North Greenbush, NY
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  1:39:42 PM  Visit CHOwen's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The pay should be detailed in the "View Additional Details" link where your current assignments are. If you accepted the assignment online, this link is what you would have seen before accepting. Unless it's a flat rate, payment is for time in store only. Hope this helps!

quote:

Dar-L I agree. And im doing F$ as well.

Even after I reviewed the needed docs and printed only what was absolutely needed I had 23 pages.

They still did not confirm the pay on this. Of course their is no one to answer the phone when it comes to the $$.

Are they only paying me for time in the store??? Or do we get the flat rate for each project? (The others I did were a special flat rate per store) This is 2 projects with 4 tasks? How does that work?

Chris Owen
Market Force Information
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  4:31:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well if thats the case I just got royally screwed. I did an hour of store time. So I got paid $8, drove 5 miles each way and printed 23 pages of documents.

That stinks. Not sure I will continue to do "volunteer work" for CMS.
I enjoy merchandising but not enough to do it for free.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums