Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  4:47:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandy, sometimes it seems like that. Be sure to work as many jobs into the route to make this type of work more profitable. I usually make sure that I have mutliple assignments for several companies to make this work. Like if I'm in Walmart, I work all of my WM work on the same day, back to back. Or if the stores are next to each other, work them together. I'm sure you already know this, but some newer people might not.

Chris, alot of CMS's work is not worth doing UNLESS you have more work in the very close area. Sorry to tell you this, but it's true.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sikes42
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  5:04:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for them for over 5 years and the work has got so bad it is not worth it.It cost more to do the jobs than they are paying.I am upset in the way they are treating us now.They will not even answer the phones now.I like the change in the way they get free photos from everyone now by grouping 2 jobs with no photos with 1 job with photos.No pay for any of the 3 without photos send in.

Lanny
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  7:44:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This new F$ program has everyone guessing and no one knowing right now. Help(less) desk explained that my 5 assignments/tasks/whatever per store visit was capped at 2 hours, and web assignment page shows the same. But when I called for time over authorization tonight, was told the entire package actually had a 3.5 hour cap. Think maybe i better get something in writing before i do any more of these.

And Chris,
The "view additional details" page shows only the base pay rate. I have been unable to find anywhere on your site the actual pay for a particular job that had a bonus offered or a negotiated rate.
So, when some foreign scheduler calls, begs me to take a distant job and agrees to pay a higher rate due to the distance, i have no way of verifying whether the agreed to rate was authorized, or entered into the system, or whether I will ever see the increased amount.
Go to Top of Page

.AnnieWulf
Inactive

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  8:36:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sandy R

Oh WOW. Went in to look at my prepaid display service this morning and the document they want you to print is 23....YES 23 pages long? Thats insane. Im not printing all of that. How do they expect you to make any money printing 23 pages and drive time and work time?

I print one for every two or three visits I have, only those pages on which I must enter answers, and then use different color pens for each store. At the top of the first page of the report I write "Main Street Store" in the color ink I'm using for that store. Then write "Spring Street Store" in the color I'm using for THAT store.

Chris, wish you'd check out the pages that are required to log inventory on G$ movie jobs. They waste a third of each page for us to record the same info over and over. Surely a better design could be reworked for that. ALSO, on returns pages for both grocery movies and D$ movies, treating them as one big spread sheet is awful. In other words, sheet one on left is a-b. On the other side is t-w. Why not have a-b on the left side of the first sheet and c-e on the right side? It would cut down on a lot of time spent on flipping through pages.

In general, making paperwork user and printer friendly would greatly improve my MF work attitude.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

CHOwen
Valued Contributor

North Greenbush, NY
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2011 :  1:55:51 PM  Visit CHOwen's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Most of these specific issues I am not directly involved with. However, we do appreciate the feedback, and take these concerns seriously. If it's not something that I can address and fix right away, please know that I alert the appropriate person(s) of the issue, and hopefully they can use the information and insight to improve whatever processes are affected.

Chris Owen
Market Force Information
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2011 :  1:59:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Chris, at least you're not afraid to address issues. I'm sure we all realize that you can't control everything, but if you can pass on some of the concerns, that's great.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2011 :  3:36:22 PM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dar-L

This new F$ program has everyone guessing and no one knowing right now. Help(less) desk explained that my 5 assignments/tasks/whatever per store visit was capped at 2 hours, and web assignment page shows the same. But when I called for time over authorization tonight, was told the entire package actually had a 3.5 hour cap. Think maybe i better get something in writing before i do any more.

I could be wrong, but here is the explanation I was given. All my stores had different amount of assignments, but for arguments sake, here is what I got out of it.
120 cap was based on phone and coupon project
90 cap was based on gum, audit, recall
45 cap was based on tile
Each cap had it's own respective rate, except for the last which was $1 less.
If anyone still has the assignments left on their board, you will notice the time caps and what is grouped together.
I may not be 100% correct, but that was my understanding from the help desk.

Mark
MSPA Gold Shopper and Professional Merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2011 :  5:33:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have to say kudos to whoever I talked to at the helpdesk on Thursday afternoon. I had to cancel some assignments this past week due to illness and I did not get any flak or whatever from the associate I talked to. She just said that that stuff happened and removed them and noted why in my file. I rarely, rarely ever cancel a shop with them, so I had a good record with CMS, but I still expected to almost be threatened with deactivation or at least some sort of guilt trip. I am very happy to say that did not happen!

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Larry Estep

Rantoul, IL
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2011 :  6:39:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It seems that there is alot of confusion with the recent F$ assignments for the gum cut-in. If you followed the direction and replaced the 4 Freedent SKU's with the 2 new items as directed that should have been the extent of it. However now jobs are being rejected and reps are being told to revisit because if the section was not set completely to POG when you cut-in the 2 new items then the pictures cannot be given to the client. You are told to revisit the store within 24 hours or you will not be paid. Nowhere in the directions does it say that you are to reset the entire section if it is set differently. In many stores the sections are shorter are taller than the POG shows so the stores have them set differently. If we cut in the new items and took a picture of where they were you would think that would be sufficient for the client. This same thing happened last month with the phone card endcaps. If Driveline set them incorrectly with the accessories and phone card sides reversed and we noted this and took a picture of it we were told to go back in and fix it and take a new picture because Market Force could not give the pictures of our work to the client in their present form.

My concern here is that field reps are being blamed for things beyond our control. If another company does something wrong it is not our fault, and if a store has something set differently it is not our fault. We do what we can to complete our assignments as close to client specifications as possible and then we are told we didn't do them right. Has anyone else had this happen?

Larry
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2011 :  8:34:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any variances need to be noted in the comments. This is what they keep telling me. Sometimes it gets me by, but sometimes I too have had to return to rework something that showed in the pics. Seems to be occurring more frequently.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
514 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2011 :  05:24:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here in CA if you do the project as instructed, such as cut-in four items and the rest of the set is wrong through "no fault of your own" and you are threatened with non-payment unless you go back (it's not stated if you were paid for this call back) without pay for your work time, there is a government agency to contact.

We see so many complaints about this company, why do people tolerate this much stuff from them????

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2011 :  07:12:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote

We see so many complaints about this company, why do people tolerate this much stuff from them????

MindyZ
[/quote]

Mindy, I TOTALLY agree with you! I refuse to do anymore work for
them - EVER! It's not worth one headache, let alone the many headaches!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2011 :  07:29:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Why people work for them????? some areas don't have many merchandising companies to cover the 2-3 stores within 25 miles. Some people also don't have the experience, but with Certified they sure get experience. Maybe not the best experience, but if you say you've worked with Certified for more than 1 year, the next company realizes that you are dedicated. I'm between a larger town and a very small town with 1 F$ and 1$G, 1 IGA and that's it. How many jobs come to this town, not many. Driveline and Certified are the only ones that work this town. Most of the resets and such are done by the employees of the stores.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Raymond E
Valued Contributor

Gilbert, AZ
USA
159 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2011 :  08:29:41 AM  Visit Raymond E's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else having a problem accessing the Market Force portels either the Merchandising one at www.criny.com or the regular one at https://www.marketforceshopper.com/XP2/Login.asp appear to be down and have been so since last Friday.

Raymond
MPSA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2011 :  09:30:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Working fine for me. Just entered some reports for Certified.
Go to Top of Page

CHOwen
Valued Contributor

North Greenbush, NY
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2011 :  12:55:56 PM  Visit CHOwen's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote

We haven't had any reports of portal problems, and both portals have been active in terms of assignments and reports. Did you try going to www.certifiedfieldassociate.com and click on "Login"?

quote:
Originally posted by Raymond E

Is anyone else having a problem accessing the Market Force portels either the Merchandising one at www.criny.com or the regular one at https://www.marketforceshopper.com/XP2/Login.asp appear to be down and have been so since last Friday.

Chris Owen
Market Force Information
Go to Top of Page

Larry Estep

Rantoul, IL
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  05:54:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had the same problem since last week accessing certifiedfieldassociate.com from Mozilla Firefox. Try using IE (Internet Explorer) as it works fine for me from that browser.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

Winona
Valued Contributor

Huntsville, AL
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2011 :  10:54:45 PM  Visit Winona's Homepage  Send Winona an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Estep

It seems that there is alot of confusion with the recent F$ assignments for the gum cut-in. If you followed the direction and replaced the 4 Freedent SKU's with the 2 new items as directed that should have been the extent of it. However now jobs are being rejected and reps are being told to revisit because if the section was not set completely to POG when you cut-in the 2 new items then the pictures cannot be given to the client. You are told to revisit the store within 24 hours or you will not be paid. Nowhere in the directions does it say that you are to reset the entire section if it is set differently. ...

Yes, I have received an email about one site, so far.

I did exactly what was asked, but now I'm told I must revisit
the site and complete work that was never part of the assignment.

Not happening.

Winona
Servicing north Huntsville, Harvest, Toney, Meridianville, Hazel Green, New Market, AL as well as Ardmore & Fayetteville, TN
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  06:52:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well I cut in the gum but it wasnt set to POG but the whole rack was that way. We cant fix that we would have to re-do the whole thing in 15 mins. Not happening. Ive not heard anything back on mine and I did 3 of them?

Merchandiser with 2 years experience seeking work in the Longview, Texas area!
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  07:47:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Re-read the gum unstructions over and over...Don't see anything telling us to reset the gum display if not to POG.
Also, I showed the printout to one mgr, she said that did not apply to her store and there would be no re-setting, other than to cut in the new items.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums