Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  07:41:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is one thing I have noticed with this company in-specific.

They don't understand that every store is different.

One Manager says No, another Manager has not reset anything forever so it's all out of whack. Another has No Manager in that Dept, and another says you can do it, but not today. And then the dreaded "I can't make any new tags today" or the Manager sneaks away and you don't see them for the rest of the day.

They seem not to understand this. And even if you spend extra time completing it as best as you can for that Store even if you can't get to POG for reasons out of your control, they will threaten you and tell you you are a liar etc....

I Always have the understanding that when a Store Manager says NO regardless of the Store that you don't push it. Some just get downright nasty and honestly do you need that for $9?

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  08:50:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In all fairness Mike....

It's like that with every company i work for. The "intel" is only as good as the client provides. Most clients, especially those that give the district managers lots of freedom, and those that have stores of various configurations (like F$) the client really has no idea what is going on in the store other than the numbers. The DM's make the decisions as to POG, store hours, etc, so each store is different and the client headquarters really has no clue when they set up our tasks.
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  1:36:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dar,

I will give you a very current example. Very simple project needed to be done in store X(I won't say what Store Chain) out of 20 I completed myself on this project 3 out of the 20 told me no. On other projects it has been 100% yes. It just depends on the day really.

Now as far as whom decides the POG's or MOD's in a a store. That is usually done by a Store Planner at a Home-Office somewhere. The Store Managers are responsible for anything else such as Hours etc...

And just like I explained, EVERY Store is different. Same chain or not something is always different. Understand I am a DM for the company I work for and I am in this Chain every day M-F in several States.

Now to be fair I will tell you this Chain I am speaking of has close to 3,500 Stores with most being between 70-120,000 SF. I am sure you can guess which one :)

And with the Client I agree. The bottom line is what they want to see. They can accept so many stores saying "No" they just want to see product TOS and for sale.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  5:54:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EdMikes
......Understand I am a DM for the company I work for and I am in this Chain every day M-F in several States.

Now to be fair I will tell you this Chain I am speaking of has close to 3,500 Stores with most being between 70-120,000 SF. I am sure you can guess which one :).....

You say you are a DM for such a large company, yet you merchandize for $9/hr on the side?

Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2011 :  07:15:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
DarL, some merchandisers make much more than $9/hr. That's my low end job. After all, nobody evers makes enough on their main job, we all need some extra money.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2011 :  11:24:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Darryl,

Are you confused? I think you may be.

If you re-read my previous comment I said the Client has 3,500 Stores. I did not name them. I thought you would have known it was the biggest Store-Chain in the World.

While my Big 3 Company Merchandises in all of these stores, I manage a Team that covers 100 of them. When I say Big 3 Company I mean(Acosta,Advantage,Crossmark). I also have not named this company.

And why would I not do side work? Especially if it is in the Stores I am in or on Route to them? And an Independent Contractor on a 1099 we can make up to $400 without paying Taxes.

You are saying you work for several Companies. Is any of them the Big 3? So what I am asking you to simplify are you employed FT or PT by a Merchandising Company where you have a route of Stores you are in on 1x1 or 1x2 Cycle?

Let us know please. I am thinking you may have read my posting wrong and thought I had 3,500 Stores. If that was the case I would have been bald years ago!

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2011 :  6:21:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This thread is getting off topic a bit.

I think we should limit the discussion to comments about this specific company.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

MattMS
Star Contributor

Genoa, Illinois
USA
360 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2011 :  10:32:37 PM  Send MattMS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
EdMikes-

I wish to just inject one, slightly off topic comment. You say "And why would I not do side work? Especially if it is in the Stores I am in or on Route to them? And an Independent Contractor on a 1099 we can make up to $400 without paying Taxes." This is wrong on many levels.

You are REQUIRED by LAW to report ALL income earned. $1 or $1 million dollars. The company you work for (or are an independent contractor) for is REQUIRED by LAW to report ALL income paid to employees/contractors. It is also to their benefit to report this, as they use it as a tax deduction.

It is true that they are only required to send out a 1099 MISC form for income greater than $600. This does not, however, remove the onus on you to report incomes less that $600.

For further information, please consult a tax advisor (I am not one, but hope to be certified soon) or the IRS and their website.

Matthew - shopping North Central & North West Illinois
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2011 :  06:25:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Matt, the $400 that EdMikes was speaking about is the Social Security tax part of 'paying taxes'. Yes, we do need to report all income, but with IC work there are alot of deductions that just about elimate the income. Hopes this makes sense to you. I do have the qualifications, tho old.

When I was working for Certified, what little I made was eaten up with the deductions for mileage and expenses, that is one reason that I keep at least 1 IC company in my roster of companies.

While Certified/Martketforce is not one of the best paying companies (in regards to pay rate or scheduled pay dates), it is one of the very few that will allow people to start into the Merchandising field without alot of questions. I know a few Merchandisers with Certified that had make mistakes in the past, but have learned from them. They were not able to get work with the companies that require background checks, but with Certified they were given a 2nd chance and they are VERY appreciative of that fact.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2011 :  06:24:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
CMS-Market Force gave me my start and I will always respect that. I don't always jump up and down about the pay but its great to be able to just get out there and work. So many companies now no matter how good a reputation you have or how dependable you are. You are made to jump through hoops. You could be on one project for one year or five. When the contract ends you have to practically start all over. All you have done does not add up to goose egg. You are put through interviews and treated like an idiot with in some companies because there is such a lack of communication in this industry. I could have worked for Acme selling TV's until that contract ends and then Acme's second branch says. They have no idea what I did with their other team so it starts all over. With CMS all that is cut out. You want to work you work!!

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

JennKane

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2011 :  10:15:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
recent FD$ gum job is kickin my butt... I have been doing this kind of work for ten years or more and never had problems. What seemed like an easy job is turning into a stressful ordeal...because i HATE feeling like I didn't do my job right!!!

someone help me not feel like i am going crazy...

if you go in the store and the existing MOD/POG/SCHEMATIC is "off" or different from directions, do you reset entire section or just remove deleted items and add in new ones... isn't client looking for its new product to be on salesfloor and for sale?

maybe i'm losing it... anyone else have feedback? I hope I get paid for these... I drove alot of miles and put in alot of hours that week... one night I didn't get home until after 9 PM...
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2011 :  11:54:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you have a reset, I'd reset it as best you can following the plan-o-gram and photo that goes with their directions. I have not done them but I know candy resets are a lot of work. Call and tell them what you found. Let them know if it was say a real mess or the display size or type is not covered in your directions.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2011 :  7:50:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a kick on one today. The POG in the instructions was not even close to the store's setup. So I guess I go back to the store tomorrow and tell the mgr that she will have to completely remodel her checkout counter so the candy display looks like my picture!

Don't sweat it Jenn. Just send them a message explaining the situation.
Go to Top of Page

Larry Estep

Rantoul, IL
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2011 :  8:17:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
the gum assignment in question was supposed to be a cut-in replacing 2 pegs each of 2 discontinued SKU's with 2 new items. the POG provided did not match any of the stores that I found. I took pictures of each and did have some rejected ones that I simply put an explanation in the comment section per Field Support suggestion and they haven't come back again yet. Hope that settles the issues. I wish CMS would give us more room for comments. On some of the projects you really have to be creative to make it all fit.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

JennKane

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2011 :  07:02:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
AMEN Larry!!! I had to open up my word processor and use word count to get my comment down to 254 characters! that alone took up time that I probably won't get paid for now!

I resubmitted each job with same pictures and comments on why mine look different from their instructions so I guess I will wait and see if I get paid the whole 1/2 hour it was paying...

oh well, let's go do some more work today :-)
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2011 :  12:34:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree on that more room for comments. Sometimes you really need the room. If something is really funky when you get to a store a one liner does not cut it.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  05:21:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Finally said to heck with them as not only do they not pay much and the paperwork is atrocious, their people keep calling me several times a day and when I do answer they are rude and insistent I take these jobs that are 50 miles RT away for $8-$10. They dont care whether you make any money or not. Just take the job to get it off their list. not also losing money on my cell bill every month!

Merchandiser with 2 years experience seeking work in the Longview, Texas area!
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  2:32:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you're having problems accessing the "Current Assignments" section of the website, it's not you, it's their system. I just spoke to someone at 4:31PM CDT, and it has been brought to a supervisor's attention, according to the person I spoke too.

Thought I'd let anyone who reads this forum know. . .

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  8:36:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Looks like they've split the F$ assignments again, but from reading the "additional information" on each, the "assortment C" and "prepaid" visits look to be identical. Anyone heard what's going on?
Go to Top of Page

TerrieDean
Contributor

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  10:35:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I looked at assortment c it was a coke cooler audit.

Terrie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums