Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

KarenMSW
Valued Contributor

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2012 :  11:13:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tracy - I wouldn't drop it if I were you, just on principle. See if you can take it higher up. I ran into a situation where I had not been paid for 2 assignments in January. I remembered someone contacting me about a derivation from POG and I kept the e-mail that stated that that was at the store's request (also included in my report). I just recently realized that I had not been paid so I inquired. Initially I was told that I was not going to be paid due to the POG (and the fact that they were under the impression that they had asked me to go back and I had refused but that request was never made of me) issue. I politely replied summarizing my initial conversation. Certified requested my copy of the e-mail and I forwarded it. The PM approved payment fairly quickly. You do need to pursue the matter and not take the first response as the final word but appeal it. I have found that in the few occasions where there has been an issue and I have not been wrong, politely following up has resulted in a positive outcome from my perspective.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  8:19:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love how they want us to submit reports the same day as the visit, but when I try to do so, their system is giving problems. Seems like this happens every Tuesday during the week of the DG dvd visits!

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  06:05:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My son cancelled his visits to DG, then got a call directly from Certified begging him not to quit. Evidently they have hired a Phillipine company for their call center. Several people have quit Certified due to this company calling and harrassing reps in regards to having the work done before due dates.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  08:18:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Got one of those the other day, Marla...from Manila call center. The caller's speech was so poor i could barely understand her. Trying to push me into completing a job a couple of days earlier than I had agreed to initially.
Also got a call this morn from a NY scheduler, said they were trying to finish up the DG movie resets by Thursday! As of right now they still have about a dozen locations in my area unassigned.
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1566 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  3:01:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also have gotten calls from them for about 3 straight days wanting me to complete a DG assignment (I'm guessing DVDs). I've told them I'm not available this week at all. Apparently they do not understand Not Available.
Go to Top of Page

SaraMC
Apprentice

Columbus, IN
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  3:59:43 PM  Visit SaraMC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm having a heck of a time with them lately. I was "automatically" assigned to be permanent on an assignment. I don't mind being permanent, but no one could confirm the pay. I went back through my reports and never requested perm status. I have an upcoming surgery and know that I will not be available for a while, which is another reason I cannot be perm. I get the run around, was assigned to a date, confirmed it, and it disappeared. When I messaged, I received a snarky response and I can no longer see the BAL assignments (two local locations and I am the only one in my area). No answers,no calls, and they are not showing up in search.

Any suggestions?
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  5:16:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Usually no available means that they took you off and you will not be eligible to take them again.

By being perm, doesn't mean that you can't take off, especially with your situation. Just be sure to talk to a supervisor and badger them to place notes of your account.

Hubby got called for those DG that the son gave up, he refused them and then they called again, and we missed that call.

Is the Manila area code 571? I know NY is 517.

I'm ready to refuse any from out of country call centers, the US needs those jobs and we need to support our own laborers. Just my opinion.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
787 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  5:42:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarlaB

Usually no available means that they took you off and you will not be eligible to take them again.

By being perm, doesn't mean that you can't take off, especially with your situation. Just be sure to talk to a supervisor and badger them to place notes of your account.

Hubby got called for those DG that the son gave up, he refused them and then they called again, and we missed that call.

Is the Manila area code 571? I know NY is 517.

I'm ready to refuse any from out of country call centers, the US needs those jobs and we need to support our own laborers. Just my opinion.

571 is Northern Virginnia, but the call center in Manila could be routing themselves through a call center is the US to make it less expensive for them. You can block their phone number though.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
514 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  6:21:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hubby says "from experience the're overspending at the top" means they are under-bidding to get the work and have to keep the "workers producing" just to stay afloat.

He feels for the people that have to go through this stuff just to work...............

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1566 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  6:35:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So far 4 days in a row they've called, not including Saturday and Sunday. I may just block their number on my cell phone. Not sure if I can have the number blocked on my home phone or not.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  7:01:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MindyZ

Hubby says "from experience the're overspending at the top" means they are under-bidding to get the work and have to keep the "workers producing" just to stay afloat.....
MindyZ

The MF conglomerate just bought the British MS company, lost the F$ account, is at risk with IOSUE... I agree $$'s must be tight for them. The overseas call centers likely cost them less that paying overtime to the NY employees. I no longer work for the Blue portal but have heard they are losing clients there too. Maybe Karma?

Senior NY schedulers say this is not a temporary move, so I guess we have to learn to deal with it.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  7:48:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just don't answer many calls from the 571 area code. The call center people don't seem to understand that when I say "no", I mean "No." Yesterday I answered one and I accepted one assignment, then they kept asking me to take more. When I said no to one, they just mentioned another location. It took saying no 5 times til they quit bugging me about others.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

JennKane

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  8:27:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
if you don't know the number, just don't answer the phone... if it is certified they always leave voicemail... if you get message that is important, return the call ...

this is way they are... always have been... when market force bought certified it improved... trust me, it used to be way worse...

also, you can cancel jobs online and permanent assignments can be canceled on line too... if you know someone else who works for certified you can ask them if they would like the assignment and if they say yes you can tell certified to reassign to them.
Go to Top of Page

SusanSG
Contributor

AL
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2012 :  09:05:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It was so annoying getting the calls for the DG movies. I had 4. I put in I would do them on Tuesday, but they started calling me on Monday asking when I was going to do them and when would it be completed and telling me I had to get them done on time or I would be removed from the perm assignment. I said have fun finding a replacement if they did that. The only reason I answered the phone on Monday was to tell them that not all of my stores received their shipments and I was going to do all of them on Tuesday.

Tuesday rolls around and they left me a message Tuesday morning saying I had to do them that day and turn them all in by midnight or I would not be paid and I would be removed from the perm assignment.

I called them back to tell them #1 the jobs were done and as always they were done when I said they were done, #2 quit harassing me with phone calls telling me to do a job, because how the hell am I supposed to get a job done when they are calling me every freaking hour, and #3 someone needs to tell them that threatening people is not a way to get a job done because not all of us need the sad hourly wage they are paying.

Noticed too that they seem to be using an out of country call center. I'm always very tempted (and sometimes give in to temptation) to either speak in another language or use a very heavy accent with them.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2012 :  09:19:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello fellow merchandisers...just wanted to say I no longer work for this company but I sure feel for all of you. Susan, I LOL at your comment about how can you get the job done when they're calling you all the time, etc....

:) :) :)

Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2012 :  2:57:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did you hear that F$ are requiring background checks on merchandisers to work in their stores? One of my companies has passed this info onto their merchandisers.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
468 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2012 :  5:13:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It says that the background check is just to see if you have any felonies or any misdameanors other then traffic violations. No credit checking,etc.

A neigbhor of mine applied at F$ for a cashiers job and was told that F$ would do a background check on them, prior to being hired.If they were considered for the job.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2012 :  5:18:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've only needed a background check for companies that are paying alot more than this. There is no problem for me, but I know there are others that have some problems a few years ago.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

JennKane

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2012 :  9:18:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wish I would fail the darn background check LOL... I about killed myself doing those laundry resets and refuse to do the pet food resets... i hurt my back doing four resets in three days... i love reset work usually but not loving these f$ jobs...
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
787 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2012 :  11:19:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gretta

So far 4 days in a row they've called, not including Saturday and Sunday. I may just block their number on my cell phone. Not sure if I can have the number blocked on my home phone or not.

This when you need an air horn. lol Pick up the phone, don't say anything, blast the air horn for about ten seconds and then hang up. Repeat as necessary. They'll go deaf or quit calling.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums