Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2012 :  07:52:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Save the expense of the air horn...Just go to their website, login, go to profile and take out your contact numbers. Or just click the deactivate button.
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2012 :  10:25:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was deactivated a few weeks after removing my contact numbers from my profile (the one that used to be certified). A few less dollars = no more psycho calling.
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1566 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2012 :  2:02:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's getting even better with the phone calls. Yesterday and today 3 straight phone calls (yesterday 1 to home phone 2 to cell phone), (today 2 to home phone 1 to cell phone) and they did not even leave a message. My cell phone I just hit the hang up button when they call so it goes straight to voice mail. The home phone I'm considering picking up the phone and hitting the button to answer it and hang it up right together. As much as I actually like doing the trailer checks, I'm about at the point that I'm going to deactivate my account if this keeps up.
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2012 :  10:05:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They only call me when they're really desperate to fill something. I wonder what the difference is in our profiles. Or, they just have more people working in my area (my guess--the competition in this area is legendary!).

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2012 :  4:12:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My son was deactivated this week, only reason we can think of was he told them 'when they could speak English, so that someone could understand them, they could call him again.' Oh well, we will not miss those calls.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2012 :  07:04:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, I hadn't heard that the call center had the authority to deactivate yet. Guess I'd better mind my tongue with them too.

I know the NY operatives all have the authority to deactivate us at will, and that the calls are recorded and the recordings can be used against us. (As in why I was deactivated the first time.)

The company really should give merch's the option to either receive or not receive phone calls for job offers.
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2012 :  08:21:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not done a project for CMS in over three years, yet I get at least 3 e-mails a day and 4 or 5 phone calls come in on my landline.
I sometimes read some of the bonus offers, some of those are really good money, at this time $45. for a DG.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2012 :  4:04:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'd like to know how many times does it take for them to understand that I look at the job search, and IF I don't take something there is a reason. Plus how many calls with me refusing any amount of money does it take. There has been times that I got called 3 times in 1 day for the same job, after telling them that I don't have time, but evidently if they offer more money, I'll find more hours in the day. I only wish.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  3:44:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
The MF conglomerate just bought the British MS company, lost the F$ account, is at risk with IOSUE

Huh. I was just thinking the other day that it had been quite a while since I'd seen the prepaid phone jobs and thinking they must surely be coming up again soon. If they've lost that account, I guess they will not!

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  3:58:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you're talking about the prepaid in F$, F$ is now requiring background checks on all employees and merchandisers that service the store. Maybe that's why.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  4:18:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Who has to pay for said background check? I don't care if I'm checked, but I'm not keen to be the one footing the bill for this for the paltry pay.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
468 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  6:35:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Spar pays the background check for their people.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2012 :  04:19:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, Spar paid for ours, but other companies make you pay for it, and others, you pay but get reimbursed after working so many hours at that location.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2012 :  07:46:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I must say that since I had to quit working (Health reasons) I miss the work I did for CMS but not the phone calls. So annoying. I do miss the work (all of it, the good and the bad!!) but at least I can be thankful to not deal with them.
Go to Top of Page

Amanda MN

Charlotte, NC
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  11:58:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A few years ago I ran into a family illness and didn't have time to notify this company to give my current assignments to someone else. As a result, I was deactivated, but was told I could get one last try with the company and I was reactivated.

I signed up to put stickers on products at a mass merchandiser but I haven't received the materials. I sent an email through the message board and I was told to wait and do the assignment when the materials arrived.

My project is now 4 days late. I'm worried this will cause problems with the "one more try" they gave me.

The one thing I dislike about the company is that they'll constantly call you asking to do last-minute things, yet when the merchandiser needs to contact the company it is either impossible or canned responses.

MSPA Gold certified
I shop the greater Charlotte area.
Go to Top of Page

JennKane

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  04:01:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Best thing to do Amanda is to update your status every day with the option that says "I have not yet received my materials." Usually if you update your status every day they leave you alone.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  6:05:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone else getting hang-up calls from an area code 213 number immediately before the call center calls?

Happened here several times past few days: a call from 213 area code rings, I answer, no one there...before I can put the phone down, the Manila call center calls.

The call tracks back to a Cn S Men Cty La in Los Angeles. When I called back a terse voice said emphatically that no one called me from that number. Possibly spoofed? Calls come from several numbers, all close in range, all track back to the same person.

Has the call center figured a way to "pre-call" us to get us to answer the phone?

Also learned today that ATT uses the same call center in Manila!?!
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
787 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  07:07:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Doesn't anyone screen their calls? I let my answering machine pick up and while the caller is leaving a message I listen, and if it's someone I want or need to speak to, I pick up the phone.
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  3:14:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I no longer answer or return their calls because I understand that if you decline a job it gets counted as a "cancel" and goes against you in your cancellation rate.

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

SusanSG
Contributor

AL
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  3:15:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The calls I'm getting from them now are from a different area code than usual. I scrolled back through my missed calls (I almost never answer a call if I don't recognize the number unless I'm curious, feeling adventurous, or didn't mean to), and noticed a lot of different area codes lately. The most recent are from this company (and from a mystery shopping company that has been having trouble filling shops lately because it's requiring its shoppers to get an EIN.)

Interesting to see they are now switching around what area code their calls are coming from.

Today's call was that annoying one telling me that I need to get my job done on time or it will be taken away from me and given to someone else and I will have that location removed from my permanent assignments and it may be permanently assigned to someone else.

Other than when I'm declining an assignment that came from a perm-assign, how do I unassign myself from a permanent location?

Susan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums