Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Larry Estep

Rantoul, IL
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  7:35:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else want to pull their hair out over the $G video resets this week? So many titles were moved to the Additional Titles list that were still in the stores, and then most of the stores where they asked us to collect Oservational Data while in the store did not need the data inputted later. I found out the hard way that if you tried to add lines to the Additional Titles (above the previous cap of 56 before they fixed it) that the form became unsubmittable, and if you had returns 90% of them were not listed on those screens which meant you had to click Other for each one and then try to impossibly list all the other titles in the 255 characters they allow. I had many stores with returns this time because they were massively overstocked.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  8:02:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes. I'm about to quit after this round. Every store so far, except the one that just opened two months ago, has had 35-50 additional titles. They have so much product it is taking me the full 90 minutes just to get them inventoried.

One store has tried for over a YEAR to get their spinner replaced as the previous one was thrown out for whatever reason. Every time, MFI says to call Sony. Sony says to call MFI. The manager tried ordering a spinner from some other company just to use it, but it has been back ordered for months. Meanwhile, they keep shipping them new products that they have no place to display. The last 2 visits, she's asked if the product can be transferred somewhere else or returned. I've requested return labels each time, and for multiple stores last round since I had defective and damaged products. Did I get labels? No sirree, I did not. Thankfully I got a couple for the new store that I set up in May, and I used them today to send all her stuff back. 119 titles and three large boxes of about 400 discs. I cannot believe I have to enter every one of these individually. Will it even let me enter that many? I'm going to flip my lid if I spend all that time plugging them in and it doesn't save.

Assuming I can ever get any more labels to thin out some of the other stores with so many movies I can barely fit them on the shelves, how does one pick which overstock gets returned? Just whatever I don't want to be counting any more from the additional titles section?

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Larry Estep

Rantoul, IL
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  8:54:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It will let you enter as many Additional Titles and Return Titles now as you need, but on the Return Titles, it seems if the title is listed on the Additional Titles list then it is not listed on the Return Titles list, which means you have to keep clicking "Title not on list" at the top of the drop down and then I just had to put "not enough room to list individually" in the description box for all of the non-listed (Other) returns per Field Support instructions since they only allow 255 characters.

I was able to get some Fed Ex return labels after calling Field Support a couple of times last week and requesting them, but none were automatically shipped despite answering the reports that they were needed on the last round.

The excessive shipments that Sony is sending in are not helping in most stores. The stores are already swimming in too many previously viewed DVD's, and we often have to spend alot of time just separating those from our product so we can inventory. It has become a very time consuming process indeed since we only service quarterly now.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2012 :  04:41:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jonathan, I work for the main company and I used 3x the amount of time on my first store, 2nd store was much faster (the store had done some of the signage). We'll see about the 3rd store, doing today. Looking at the suggested time, they gave you more time than they gave us.

BigSue, I'm doing 3 stores as a backup person (regular person got sick just a few weeks before this started), I'll be glad when she gets back, she left just when a lot of work came in. did you go over also?

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2012 :  12:28:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't know who figured the hours, but they must have been whirlwinds. Or the test stores were very, very organized and the reps must have known it well. Just finding the different displays take a bit of time itself.

Luckily (maybe) the next 2 waves are supposed to be easier.

I went over 5 hrs on 1st store, one time on 2nd (store had display alot of the POP themselves), and 1 hrs on 3rd store. This was in-store, not counting admin time. Thank goodness we're getting actual hours, instead of project time on this project.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2012 :  8:03:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess the stores that BDS couldn't get filled easily, they shoved off on CMS. My paperwork said we were representing BDS.

Glad I'm not the only one to go over. I would have been there another 45 minutes if the store could have printed fact tags. Luckily, CMS had no problem letting me enter my total time in store.

I got lucky and one of the receivers in the back was helpful or I never would have found the shipments either. My zone mgr was friendly, but seemed in over her head.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2012 :  07:06:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jonathan,didn't they ask you to pre-call, I did any my stores knew exactly when the boxes were.

BDS/Channel Partners do not have reps in every area, we work in areas that have several chains, so small towns with just 1-2 major stores usually don't have reps, or we need extra help. Not just Certified got some jobs, but I know Merchandising Solutions received some of them. Also with the a,count of work that BDS/Channel Partners have right now, it's a little overwhelming to get it all done.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2012 :  1:51:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had precalled my store, but that didn't help on finding the boxes. ZMS said to check with dept. mgr. Dept. mgr. said to check with receiving, but made no effort to help me. Finally, someone in receiving was able to locate them. I would have never found them in my store on my own. They were up in a bin that wasn't even one of the apparel bins.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2012 :  5:12:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's what happens in alot of WM, I was just checking. All of my stores were excited to see me, but then again, they're so happy to get help that 1/2 way knows what they are doing. They've mentioned that alot of merchandisers that come in, expect the Dept Mgrs to drop whatevery they are doing and help the merchandisers do even just an audit. they also expect the DMs to go to the merchandisers, not the other way around. I'll go to wherever the DM's at, it makes a better relationship with them. One of the ZM at one of the store, was a DM that I helped out with JMS fleece a few years ago and she remembered me in a positive light. It sure helps.

I got 2 callouts, but were things that the auditor was mistaken about. I reassured her, and everything was OK.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2012 :  9:46:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I try to go to where the dept. mgr. is at too. Unless, the service desk just pages them, which usually doesn't get them up there quickly. There are a lot of Wal-Marts around close to where I live and I've learn to completely avoid some of them, no matter what company I'm working for.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  9:17:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello.

I have been reading all of the postings in this thread from 07/12/12 to 07/30/12. I was just curious to know, for those of you that worked on what sounds like a video reset nightmare, I was curious to learn, did you physically sign-up/apply to CMS to do those resets or were they assigned to you by CMS (i.e. a Scheduler or a District Manager)?

Based on what I have read on this reset (based on the past several posts), it does not sound like it is worth to take on (i.e. the pay vs. the time that it takes to do this reset exactly the way that CMS wants it done). The video resets that I have seen in my area, are listed as taking about 45 to 60 minutes to do . . . yet if this is the same video resets that I see, I think that I will skip applying for them.

Can someone please shed a little light on this particular reset and is it always such a nightmare to do?

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  10:02:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This was definitely the worst round of them I have done, but I've only done them for about 6 rounds. If the stores only have the spinners, those sometimes take 25 minutes. They are usually pretty quick. The inline shelving has usually taken me the entire allotted 90 minutes, and one store routinely took 120 minutes. I've determined that my stores simply had too much product. Since there is no designated time to send stuff back but Sony keeps sending new stuff, the stock just kept piling up. I took some return labels with me this time (that I got from setting up a new store and now know to harass help desk to send some when I get the next notice of upcoming resets), and sent back tons of videos at almost every store. Two large boxes were returned from almost every store. I'm looking forward to it being more in the 60-75 minute range next time rather than how long it has been taking. I hope.

As for assignments, you have your choice; you can sign up to be a perm rep and so the stores you chose are automatically assigned to you each cycle, or you can pick and choose individual stores for a single cycle. I have some I do each time, and some that I pick up when I have other shops in those cities but would not go to that city for just this. If there are some in your area still available, you can probably get pretty decent bonuses on them. Just be sure to pick and choose the pages you print from the instruction pdf because it is obnoxiously long and you don't need all of them.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  09:48:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much, Sandi. I greatly appreciate your feedback and help.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Larry Estep

Rantoul, IL
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  4:12:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had no problem getting overtime codes from Field Support for the stores that took longer than 90 minutes, but you indeed are right that the amount of product flowing into the stores vs. what they are selling does not make sense. The hardest part this round was that some stores had 80 or 90 titles on the Additional Inventory List, which is alot more time consuming to enter than the regular inventory list because you have to use choose the titles from a menu. The other annoying part was almost none of the titles that I returned at the stores with excessive overstock were in the returns list so I had to choose Other and then I couldn't type in all of the titles in the comment box because it limits you to 255 characters. Field Support said simply to type "Too many to list" and hang on to my paper copies. I hope next round goes ALOT smoother.

I haven't seen any bonuses offered this time for the locations that remain.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  6:17:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just because they aren't posted doesn't mean they won't give them...
Yes, the additional inventory is annoying. I specifically picked those as the ones to send back because of how long that entry took, and only returned those from the main list when they had absurd numbers per title. I also discovered - when I didn't have a return form so used an blank regular form - that with the exception of those stupid gift box sets and maybe 3 other titles, the online returns form only had those from the main inventory list. I switched to using the regular list once I figured that out, and the entry went much faster. For the comments, I simply stated there were too many to list and put the total number of titles returned. I did not get any requests for more info, and got paid for the July stores today, so I guess it was fine.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

Sandra G.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2012 :  6:05:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have gotten emails saying they have huge bonuses. Sometimes that works, especially if they back it up with a phone call and can assign me right there on the spot. Other times, there is an email but it is unclear and when I go to the website, I can't really tell which assignment they are referring to. One time recently, assignments of a certain type were pulled to add more questions. Then I got a message upon log-in asking if I would take the new assignments at the same low rate. It said the amount would be adjusted. Well, there was no way to say I wanted the adjusted rate. It was either no,I don't want to do the assignment or yes, I'll do it at the old rate. I couldn't decide later, either. I clicked no. Those assignments are still there. I've gotten a confusing bonus email. I did not respond.

Sandra G.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra G.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2012 :  6:11:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The really, really strange situation I had was when a scheduler called recently and decided to see if there was anything else I'd take after talking to me about another project in my area. She saw that it said I won't do R-rated movies. Then she started quizzing me about it. I said I'd rather just see a children's movie. So she wanted to know if it was only G-rating. Then she asked an incomprehensible question. I tried to clarify, "Do you mean that maybe I won't see 'Smurfs' because of the magic if it is against my religion?" She didn't really say yes or no but kept at it. I thought her questions were way out of line in the first place but her interpretation might get me removed from assignments I might do. I finally got off the phone. The odd thing is that when someone calls about a movie, if I ask how it is rated, the caller usually does not know yet and I have to look it up online. So why is she even wanting to know that much detail?

Sandra G.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2012 :  06:17:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just nosy or bored, I'd bet.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2012 :  8:37:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Took all the known third party area codes, and reported them to Verizon, won't be getting calls from them anymore, and its on Verizons possible spam list too!

If they aren't going to take the time to employ American workers, I'm not going to give them mine answering the phone.

All I keep noticing is more and MORE open assignments in my area. They will either:
A.pay more because nobody will take the work
B.go out of business because they can't complete tasks

Probably option B.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2012 :  07:05:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have been doing this for years, chances are option B won't be happening anytime soon.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums