Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

YClayborne
Contributor

Gloucester, VA
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2012 :  03:44:24 AM  Visit YClayborne's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
DId anyone do the patron count for "Breaking Dawn" and has anybody gotten paid for this audit? My website says it's still waiting for the hardcopy and I sent it over 3 weeks ago

Yolanda
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2012 :  08:18:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The site still says it is pending. I've already gotten an email from them saying they weren't paying as much as they had posted they would, so I have to contact them about it. Since they sent that email, they clearly do have the paperwork and just have not cleared it off the assignment list. I think that they did that last time, too. Once the entire project was completed, everyone got marked completed.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2012 :  10:11:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandi--That stinks. Is that even legal?

I have had them take longer than usual whenever I had to mail in paperwork. When I've followed up, they've told me, "Well, we probably have it, but we have to go through all that mail."

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2012 :  12:09:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The theater I did is in a remote location that nobody was taking, so they had a bonus on it. Then they did an across-the-board bonus (not sure if for all of them or just for those still unassigned). The scheduler confirmed that both bonuses should apply, which was the only reason I took it. I had a suspicion it would be mixed up, so I specifically printed the assignment page - showing the pay rate - to a pdf file in case it was a problem. The notice from payroll acknowledged the second bonus but listed the original price for the job fee. I sent in a pay inquiry and explained the situation. I also offered to send them the data printed from their website. We'll see if they honor it or not. The theater was an hour drive each way and only has one screen, so the extra bonuses were the only reason I took the job.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2012 :  09:09:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recently contacted Certified to work again and have done 2 assignments. They have a lot of theatre checks but I do not do them yet. I do not see F$ projects like I used to. Do they work in any of the stores doing continuty work anymore?
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2012 :  09:56:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They lost the F$ account. The ones I see consistently are Sony DVD resets in the Dollar General stores, PPD phone cards in Fred's and Food Lion/Harveys, and theater checks/standee installs. I don't know about in your area.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2012 :  06:20:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
F$ require background checks on all merchandisers or employees, that might be why they lost them. I know at one F$ the company rep that does the phones is useless. Takes her hours and hours to do a 1 hour max job. The store groans when they see her. They would rather do the work themselves than to have her come in.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2012 :  07:42:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have noticed Driveline does some of the jobs I used to do as a Certified rep. The jobs I have taken have been extremely easy.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2012 :  1:10:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, DL took over some work, but lost a lot of their previous work. I keep finding DL's name on my work.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2012 :  3:43:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I done one, but my counts and the theatre's counts were the same. I'm personal friends with the owner, so I checked their counts before I left. I counted the same number as tickets sold.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2012 :  10:14:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Update: The Twilight patron count was paid yesterday and in the full amount originally promised. Nice!

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2012 :  12:36:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sandi G

Update: The Twilight patron count was paid yesterday and in the full amount originally promised. Nice!

Congrats!

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

WendyG
Star Contributor

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  6:14:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I keep getting calls to do the Helium assignment at the discount store. Could someone fill me in if they are worth it, or why the regular reps will not take them?

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  8:41:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WendyG

I keep getting calls to do the Helium assignment at the discount store. Could someone fill me in if they are worth it, or why the regular reps will not take them?

I enjoy doing them. Once you do a store a couple of times, it's a very easy assignment. I just go in, sign the vendor log, do my work, and leave. If you get a bonus above the regular rate, they are definitely worth it.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2013 :  12:36:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just got an email from Spar, stating that they have acquired Market Force Merchandising and Auditing Divisions.

Welcome to Spar.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2013 :  3:23:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I sure hope they do better than CMS did. I quit CMS twice. I refuse to work with blooming idiots that give me work, then take it away (give it to someone else w/bonus) with no notice and do not pay me after I do the job.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2013 :  3:49:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They're much better, and pay better. Plus I haven't found any of those 'idiots'. I worked for Spar for 5 years.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

WendyG
Star Contributor

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2013 :  6:23:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So people are saying that IC for SPAR that they are getting letters about a legal action (Read the SPAR thread)and now SPAR is sending out letters that they just took over MarketForce. Does that not seem a little odd to you on the timing?
I wonder if they are going to bring their Workmans Comp requirement over to MarketForce on already barely minimum paying jobs?
I think they just found a company to funnel their work through while they try to dodge the lawsuit under the SPAR name. Be mindful of this in the near future ......
Someone who has a copy of this email about MarketForce should also post this on the Spar site as well. They need to be linked somehow if it is true.. Because I am sure that this is not the end of it.

I know that I sound like DOOM and GLOOM, but I been through one of these before in the make up industry. It is not pretty.

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2013 :  2:22:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
All companies should have WC coverage, meaning if the company doesn't require it, then legally any IC person is supposed to have it themselves. It's a law in most states, not sure if it's a federal law or not. Most IC people don't realize that this is just one of those laws that we have to pay to be in 'business'. Along with income taxes. I know there are lots of ICs that don't have WC or pay taxes, but eventually they will have to have them or pay the punishment.

I haven't received anything about the lawsuit. Only 1 person has posted anything, but didn't post any link for others to see.

WendyG, I don't know if you have ever worked for Spar, but I have for over 5 years. I have also worked for Certified in past.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2013 :  4:45:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Didn't think you would, and I thought it was probably a CA thing. CA tends to do things before anything else. Most legal actions have some kind of site that you can look at online.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums