Valued Contributor

Seattle, Washington
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  04:12:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LynnJ

Dear Santa:

I would like a 0% failure rate for tobacco compliance shops. Even though I get reimbursed the $8 each for the cigarettes my minor child is wrongfully allowed to purchase without ID, I dislike spending money out of pocket on something I have no use for.

I quit smoking on Saturday and took my son today (Tuesday) to purchase two packs of cigarettes he had no ID and they sold them to him. Now I'm in a car with two packs of smokes telling myself I can't smoke them!!!!!! I gave them away as fast as I could to the first stranger I saw smoking on the street.

Cassy
Love to shop the greater Seattle area.
Go to Top of Page

Mike Krieger
Star Contributor

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  10:29:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paula Rodrigues

More movie theater chains not shopped currently such as AMC.

More oil change shops.

More supermarket chains not currently shopped such as Stop and Shop, A & P/ Food Emporium, Stew Leonard's, and of course, Trader Joe's.

And Certified will stop decreasing shop fees!!!

Better yet, I wish I could get a job at Trader Joe's for how well they treat their employees; really, I don't want to work in too many other stores. I do say a struggling New England grocery chain that used to be shopped needs to be shopped again. I go in and I see rotten stuff more often than not when I want some grocery deals.

I think the biggest part that Trader Joe's needs to invest in is their stores. I hear that the NYC store has a hard time keeping up with store traffic and 30-40 minute waits for the register is common. There's still a lot of opportunity for them to do replacement stores in New England and new stores too. They've got a good concept and good service already. Although I wish they were shopped, I'd rather see them replace the Tyngsboro MA store for a store in Nashua NH so they can sell alcohol. Although I don't go there that much, Arlington MA needs a replacement store too because of how cramped it is. All this would create quality permanent jobs.

I do say that I would like to have the opportunity to work for TJ's and work my way up to become a manager; the store is so much different
than the others.

I did hear TJ's is opening in Portland, ME for those New Englanders that like to vacation up in Maine.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  11:45:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
AMC is shopped.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Paula Rodrigues
Valued Contributor

Stamford, CT
USA
133 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  05:44:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Trader Joe's is definitely not shopped.

A friend who is in a business relationship with them asked that question already for me. Of course there might be competitor shops done at Trader Joe's...
Go to Top of Page

MisterBill
Star Contributor

NY
USA
261 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  7:10:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but..

a) Have all shops which are at airports (and ESPECIALLY the post-security ones) clearly state that in the subject line so I can easily delete them before wasting my time reading them and finding where you mentioned that halfway through the note.

b) Don't send me mail for shops where the closest one is hundreds (or thousands) of miles away. If it's because it is an airport shop, see a).

c) And when I complain to you about a) or b), don't tell me that there's nothing you can do because clearly other schedulers do it properly so there is no reason why you cannot.

Bill
Go to Top of Page

Rene-R
Valued Contributor

Phoenix, AZ
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  03:07:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
1. Please don't just send me an email that says there are 'many shops available' and to log in to their website to look for them. Send me one with the avail jobs broken down by state, AND links to just that state's openings. It saves SO many steps that way.

2. Please tell me the compensation before making me waste 30 mins on a video & test, only to find out that the shop pays $3 and I wouldn't do it unless the fee were 10x that. It's a waste of my time & of your bandwidth, and it gives me a bad taste in my mouth. So the next time you have a new client or new shop type that requires training, I won't chance it again, I will just <DELETE> that email.

3. When you email, don't just send me the main URL for your company. Send the link to the shopper login page. I just got an email from an MSC that I rarely shop for who gave no list of locations of avail shops, just their main URL and instructions to log in. I scanned their home page & couldn't easily find the shopper login link! <DELETE>

4. If you have a bunch of locations available in a metro area, say for a fast food shop, then don't just list "Seattle" for 20 different locations, forcing the shopper to click on each link to bring up a new window to find what part of town it's in. Put "Seattle 98118" etc, so we can quickly find the locations we are willing to shop.

5. Have the courtesy to warn me ahead of time if you ask me to shop a competitor but don't reimburse the full amount of the required purchase. If you reimburse $12 and don't allow me to use coupons, then warn me that the typical price of the required purchase is $15-$17. So I know not to accept the shop unless it's an item I was going to buy anyway.

And to the MSCs who already do the above... well, you ROCK. And I accept your shops at 10x the rate of the others.

Gold shopping metro Phoenix & airports everywhere, since 2005. ~ Have Video equipment, will travel!
Go to Top of Page

JeffInIL
Star Contributor

IL
USA
310 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  05:07:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'll try to widdle down my list to a manageable few. Errr...

1) When expecting us to help with reimbursement-only shops, that is not the time to hide the client name from your pitch. "Enjoy a delicious meal on us" without knowing the name of the restaurant means "this restaurant stinks, so if we told you the name, you probably wouldn't agree to do this for just the food".

2) I would like editors and schedulers to know that many shoppers are smarter than you. Those hard-to-fill shops are hard to fill because most of us know they are not fun, easy, quick, exciting, desirable or paid appropriately. Schedulers and companies that use such misleading key words are the very last I would ever consider helping in a pinch.

3) If you use the Sassie platform, then use it properly. Completed shops "received" and not graded with a job board that requires an "8" average to self-assign. Explain how.

4) When the first 10 emails announcing a shop do not entice me to take it, trust me that the next 20 you send about the same shop will only result in my stepping up to the soapbox.

5) "Please help" works two ways. Pony up with a bonus (hello!) or don't waste your dime calling me. Unless you enjoy my forked tongue...

6) Drop the fee, lessen the requirements. When I've done a shop for $15, and two months later you want it done for $8 without any explanation why that fee has dropped, there best be at least a few less narrative boxes in the report. You see, as easy as some MSCs think it is to drop fees, know that it's just as easy for shoppers to drop MSCs.

7) When you price your shops so low because you assume shoppers will take them to insert into routes with other shops, then make yourself available and willing to reschedule shops upon request. That's the trade-off you must endure in order to get away with such low pay. Routes sometimes change and if I'm going to do your underpaid $8 shop, it's only because I can group it with others in the area. As soon as you try to bully me into doing it sooner or outside the route, bonus it or do it yourself.

8) "Client requirement", my @ss. If the client requires a completed report within a few hours of the shop, it wouldn't sit as "completed" (not "received") and unedited for three days.

9) I wish some shoppers would stop believing the propaganda they're fed.

10) I wish the desperate and/or stupid would stop cashing checks and wiring money.

Okay, I think I've alienated everyone, so it's time for my first cup of coffee.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Paula Rodrigues
Valued Contributor

Stamford, CT
USA
133 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2011 :  06:20:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Feedback Plus is another msc sending out blind, no info emails and you waste time logging in for nothing most of the time....why can't they state the nature of the shop in the email along with a list of states where the shop is open???

ICU Associates keeps doing this nonsense also.

Just common sense !!!
Go to Top of Page

PamBam
Star Contributor

Schaumburg, IL
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2012 :  04:01:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I loved Jeff's email in 2010 and it once again made my day today.

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping domestic and international locations since 2003
Go to Top of Page

PamBam
Star Contributor

Schaumburg, IL
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2012 :  04:04:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
But I digress...

All I want is the Mario Tricoci shops back.

MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1889 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2012 :  2:22:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff's list is great.

Another item to add to the wish list: Appreciation
I just received a Merry Christmas email from a scheduler thanking me for the last year's worth of shops. Awesome! Not a generic Happy Holidays, but a Merry Christmas. She obviously took the time to remember ME, not send something that will be round-filed. And you can bet that the next time she is in a jam, I'll be there to help as best I can.

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2012 :  9:17:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff - "Like"

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

PamBam
Star Contributor

Schaumburg, IL
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2012 :  7:31:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'd like an 'availability' board on Volition that schedulers can search via zip code. For example, I'm heading 40 miles into downtown Chicago on Thursday for two shops and would love a few more. (for real - come on schedulers! :-) Surely there are schedulers out there who need a last minute shopper in downtown Chicago. This would be so useful if we could post our availability in a searchable format.

MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Crickett
Contributor

Conway, AR
USA
66 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2013 :  10:43:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PamBam

I'd like an 'availability' board on Volition that schedulers can search via zip code. For example, I'm heading 40 miles into downtown Chicago on Thursday for two shops and would love a few more. (for real - come on schedulers! :-) Surely there are schedulers out there who need a last minute shopper in downtown Chicago. This would be so useful if we could post our availability in a searchable format.

I have thought of that too. Wouldn't it be great? I don't go 40 miles because my car gets 20 miles per gallon, and my driving time would be an hour and a half, and so far I have not been able to put enough jobs in that one spot to even consider the trip profitable. I know they are probably there, but finding them all would not be worth my time, either. How great it would be to post a city and a date I am going there and have schedulers just send me jobs....

Crickett
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1889 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2013 :  12:52:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That would be great, Pam. And great for them, too, when they had a shop that was difficult to fill. There is a city about 45 mins away that seems to have only a couple of shoppers, who invariably get excluded by rotation. Almost every month, I get paid travel and gas to go up there for one shop or another. I would be happy to pick up other shops (with no bonus) at the same time. You're right, however; it's not worth scouring twenty boards for the possibility of a $7 shop.

Any computer gurus out there who could do this? Search by zip code and date.

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2014 :  05:53:55 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wish the job board was back on Volition. I liked it when the companies and schedulers posted it directly here instead of having to go to another site. You could easily see the date it was posted and email the scheduler directly through Volition if you had a question.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Ashley Rene
Valued Contributor

Georgia
USA
104 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2014 :  8:30:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wish the same "NEW SHOPS FROM" titled email would stop coming. Your shops are not new. Stop spamming me when you are not posting something new. It makes me really sad I get this email every single day and this company only has the one shop available. Stahp. I don't want to turn off notifications because I want to know when ACTUAL new shops are posted. And I don't want burritos.

Ashley Rene
Shopping Augusta, GA CSRA and Surrounding and never sleeping.
Go to Top of Page

LAlao
Star Contributor

LA
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2015 :  05:12:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wish schedulers would stop texting about the same shops I didn't want when the notice came via email!
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2015 :  6:44:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wish for more wishes :-P

Anyways, my wishes are mostly all technology based.

1. I wish Maritz would join the 21st century and communicate via email. If a question is submitted via e-mail, then the answer should be via email (unless I'm asking to be called).

2. I wish Stericycle (CRI) would get rid of their hokie website and be able to use any browser to submit reports without experiencing problems.

3. I wish companies that are on SASSIE would utilize all of the features Sassie offers. Some don't allow uploads of receipts. Some don't use the "tables" correctly and require n/a answers for entire sections that should be skipped.

4. I wish more companies would self-assign. The technology is there to limit who can self-assign. If you want a female 30-40 years for a particular assignment, those requirements can be coded and prevent others from self-assigning. If the rotation requirement is 3 months, that can be coded as well to prevent people from taking the same assignment each month. I still don't really understand why someone needs to go through and review "applications" for posts that can/should be self-assigned. There is much waste for the shopper waiting to know if they will be picked and for the MSC having to weed through all the applications.

5. I wish more companies would abandon their own technology and pay for quality. Only a few companies have created their own software successfully. Most have failed miserably.

6. I wish more companies would be like DJC, A Closer Look, QSI, Dynamic Advantage, HS Brands. This is in NO particular order, but companies I prefer and all use current technology. There are others, but these are some of my favorite.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Alan-Texas
Star Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
544 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2015 :  7:00:28 PM  Visit Alan-Texas's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wish all MSCs gave us the ability to turn off receiving emails for normal job postings. There are about a dozen or so I'm signed up with that have no off button for these dang emails. It's really aggravating.

Alan A.
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Dallas / Ft. Worth area since 2005
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums