Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

IMSC
Independent Mystery Shoppers Conference

Las Vegas, NV
USA
330 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  10:01:22 AM  Visit IMSC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The IMSC team has finalized your next conference. This topic is for discussing any and all aspects.

If you have questions, please post them here and we will respond as quickly as possible.

Subscribe to this forum by clicking here

Independent Mystery Shoppers' Coalition
http://imscinfo.com
Email: info@imscinfo.com
424-235-IMSC (4672)

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  07:46:57 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I plan on attending. The first one was so great, I might have to attend every year.
Go to Top of Page

Porhammer
Valued Contributor

Palm Bay, FL
USA
246 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  08:31:48 AM  Visit Porhammer's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
l am already planning my trip as well! This past conference I gained so many wonderful contacts and had such a fabulous opportunity to network with the MSCs who came.

Carrie Porhammer
Undercover Essentials, LLC
Raising the Standard in the Video Shopping World a Few Shoppers at a Time!
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  1:19:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm signed up!
Cilla

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

Meli
Valued Contributor

Houston, Texas
USA
129 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  2:52:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just have a quick question. How do we go about signing up with a certificate that was won at this year's shindig?
Thanks!

Meli
Go to Top of Page

IMSC

Las Vegas, NV
USA
330 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  5:02:46 PM  Visit IMSC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Meli, all you need to do is send your name and your guests name to imscinfo@ymail.com stating you won two free entries during our 2009 conference. You and your guest will be added to the attendee list. Make sure to keep that certificate safe as you will need it when you arrive this year. Congratulations on your win.

For those of you who would like a chance to win two free entries as well, simply visit our facebook page and become a fan of the IMSC. The winner will be announced no later than midnight, December 2 and chosen via random.org
http://tinyurl.com/yb3org2

The winner is announced here:
http://forum.volition.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=80084

424-235-IMSC (4672)
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  06:05:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oooohh...Actually, we don't really want Meli to come back...She wasn't fun to be around...

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  06:15:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I suggest that the early-bird special be extended into the first few days of January to provide shoppers the option to take the fee as a 2010 tax writeoff.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

Meli
Valued Contributor

Houston, Texas
USA
129 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  06:55:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ha! Servanne you and me both. Just a couple of mopey drags aren't we? Back atcha

Meli
Go to Top of Page

IMSC

Las Vegas, NV
USA
330 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  09:51:47 AM  Visit IMSC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cilla

I suggest that the early-bird special be extended into the first few days of January to provide shoppers the option to take the fee as a 2010 tax writeoff.

A general rule of income tax planning is to accelerate deductions and defer income. As such, it would be somewhat unusual for shoppers to want to defer a deduction until 2010. This would especially be true if we were to extend the early bird discount by only a few days. By paying in December 2009, shoppers would get a deduction on taxes filed in April 2010 only a four month delay. By paying in January 2010, shoppers would get a deduction in April 2011 a 15 month delay.

We are not financial advisors and do not wish to know of the personal circumstances of every shopper. However, we want to accommodate shoppers if we can. Therefore, the early bird discount will be extended until January 1, 2010.

424-235-IMSC (4672)
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  10:12:35 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
A general rule of income tax planning is to accelerate deductions and defer income.
True as long as someone has income to offset. New shoppers who have no income to offset will want to push the deduction into 2010 where they will have income.
Go to Top of Page

BettyB
Contributor

Fort Worth, TX
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  01:32:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kudos to the planners. We will need to stay a week to take advantage of all the hotel has to offer, especially the food.

Betty
Video Shopping - Try it, you will like it!!!
Shopping in and around Dallas, Texas but willing to travel.
Go to Top of Page

Marceya
Trainee

Ohio
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2009 :  11:06:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Really it would be great to extend the early bird deadline for those of us who just chanced onto this topic and didn't know about the conference which is 8 months away. Remember it is a recession out there, so be price sensitive.

Marceya
Comprehensive service evaluations in Northeast Ohio!
Go to Top of Page

IMSC

Las Vegas, NV
USA
330 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2009 :  06:12:16 AM  Visit IMSC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marceya, we have been proactive when it comes to the price. We understand how hard everyone works for their money and so we made sure to keep the "Regular" price of the conference priced so everyone who wanted to attend would be able to do so. We have received many emails thanking us for keeping the registration fee so low.

We are also making sure your hotel rooms are priced reasonably and working on getting you lots of great deals while staying at the hotel.

We appreciate your feedback, but the date will not change. You still have a few weeks to take advantage of this great deal. We hope to see all of you at this year's conference.

Edited to add: One lady just emailed us and said the conference registration fee is one of the things she is asking her husband for as a Christmas gift.

424-235-IMSC (4672)
Go to Top of Page

IMSC

Las Vegas, NV
USA
330 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2009 :  09:38:35 AM  Visit IMSC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good morning, we received an email asking for clarification of the Paypal fees:

The website to register and pay for your conference is:
http://imscnews.com

If you pay your fees now and you find you are unable to attend, you can get a full refund until May 1st, 2010.
No Refunds will be offered after this date.

Paypal fees:
Please remember if you use a credit card to pay through Paypal, you will need to add $3.20 to your payment to cover the fees Paypal charges for this feature. This is only if you...... pay with a credit card or have Paypal transfer the money from your bank account. To avoid these fees, put the money in your Paypal account prior to sending the payment to the IMSC.

Thank you and we look forward to another successful conference in 2010.

424-235-IMSC (4672)
Go to Top of Page

IMSC

Las Vegas, NV
USA
330 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2009 :  08:27:17 AM  Visit IMSC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, a trip to Nevada to finalize the hotel arrangements and deals for you is planned for this Monday.

Remember, two things will take place on January 1st, 2010. The next facebook fan will be selected to receive a free entry to the conference and the Early Bird registration fee comes to an end. 1/1/10 is the last day to take advantage of the Early Bird registration fee.

424-235-IMSC (4672)
Go to Top of Page

NancyG
Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  3:54:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm looking forward to the 2010 conference -- got my registration paid today ! Saved some money with the early bird discount and got the tax deduction in 2009 !! What better way to start a new year.
Go to Top of Page

BettyB
Contributor

Fort Worth, TX
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  8:28:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just paid my registration fee and am looking forward to another great conference. Thanks for all the hard work by the planners to get us some great deals.

Betty
Video Shopping - Try it, you will like it!!!
Shopping in and around Dallas, Texas but willing to travel.
Go to Top of Page

IMSC

Las Vegas, NV
USA
330 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2010 :  3:42:28 PM  Visit IMSC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,
For those who are wishing to share a room with another attendee in order to cut down on the cost, Melissa Bloom has set up a spreadsheet and will be assisting in matching folks up with potential roommates.

If you are in need of a roommate please send an email to IMSCroomshare@gmail.com with the following information:

Name:
Home State:
Dates you are planning on staying (arrival/departure):
Smoking preference:

Just a quick disclaimer this is being provided as a courtesy and neither us as individuals nor the IMSC will be responsible or liable for anything that could go wrong with sharing a room.

Thanks and Im looking forward to seeing you there!

424-235-IMSC (4672)
Go to Top of Page

Les1989

Northern CA & NV, CA
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2010 :  11:08:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm attending and booked at the hotel Sun-Mon-Tue, but wondering if there is anything "unofficial" going on Sat PM that would make an earlier arrival fun and interesting?

MSPA Gold
MSPA & IMSC Video Certified
Nevada Registered
Go to Top of Page

IMSC

Las Vegas, NV
USA
330 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2010 :  4:39:12 PM  Visit IMSC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The MSPA will have representatives at the IMSC to sell the Gold DVD onsite. Once again they are offering this at a discount for all IMSC attendees. You will be able to purchase your MSPA Gold DVD at the IMSC for only $75.00. Remember, you must be Silver certified prior to being able to take the Gold test.

424-235-IMSC (4672)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums