Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  08:00:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will be arriving mid-day on Saturday and looking to join up with others for touring on Sunday and perhaps Saturday cocktail hour and/or supper. Since we won't have our name badges until late Sunday, should we try to set up a sort of bulletin board where we can arrange meet-ups before then?

Of course, we could all just go around saying, "By the way, are you a mystery shopper?"

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

Porhammer
Valued Contributor

Palm Bay, FL
USA
246 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  08:43:25 AM  Visit Porhammer's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am gonna be there on Saturday mid-day too!

Carrie Porhammer
Undercover Essentials, LLC
Raising the Standard in the Video Shopping World a Few Shoppers at a Time!
Go to Top of Page

Meli
Valued Contributor

Houston, Texas
USA
129 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  10:55:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'll be wandering in either Friday night or Saturday early.

Meli
Go to Top of Page

Amber J
Star Contributor

Mesa, Arizona
USA
628 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  11:20:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will be arriving probably late afternoon Friday to relax before hand and help set up. Getting so excited to see it happen again. So looking forward to seeing all friends and new shoppers attending. This is going to be great event.

MSPA Gold Certified

Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  07:08:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am not sure when I'll get there yet. Saturday during the day looks like the best bet right now, but it will all depend on my plane tickets. I'll be flying in from Paris and returning to Paris afterward. I'll be a bit jet-lagged I think...

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

VenizR
Trainee

Central Valley, CA
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  09:49:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'll be there on Thursday but staying (probably) at Harrahs until Sunday.
Go to Top of Page

IMSC
Independent Mystery Shoppers Conference

Las Vegas, NV
USA
331 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  10:47:04 AM  Visit IMSC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Integrity Consultants is holding a drawing for a scholarship to the 2010 IMSC August, 15-17 2010 in Las Vegas, NV. This scholarship is worth 50% of the IMSC registration fee and will be awarded by drawing on June, 1 2010. Everyone is encouraged to enter the drawing and participate in this fun activity.

You may enter by responding to this thread and telling us a little bit about why you mystery shop. You can express ideas, thoughts, opinions, questions, aspirations, etc. Anything goes! Just have fun.

You may also enter on Facebook by visiting the Integrity Consultants Facebook page and responding to the Topic, "Why Do You Mystery Shop?" http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=89646741269&topic=13155

Everyone is included and encouraged to participate.

Integrity Consultants recently awarded a scholarship to Star FSR Roceta Gonzales, who has exhibited great dedication and team work on current projects. Way to go, Roceta!

Independent Mystery Shoppers' Coalition
http://imscinfo.com
Email: info@imscinfo.com
424-235-IMSC (4672)
Go to Top of Page

NikiB

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  3:21:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anybody know what the workshop topics will be for the 2010 conference? I can see who the speakers and sponsors are, but I'm guessing that there are educational seminars as well. If the workshop topics aren't available yet, can you give examples of topics from prior conferences? Will any of 2010 workshops be recorded for possible purchase later by shoppers who were unable to attend? Thanks for the info!
Go to Top of Page

IMSC

Las Vegas, NV
USA
331 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  6:56:08 PM  Visit IMSC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The complete agenda should be available by June 1st. There will definitely be educational workshops. The biggest problem our attendees will have is determining which speaker they want to listen to, as they will run simultaneously to offer our attendees the most for their money and make sure no one is ever bored.

There will be no way to purchase the recorded sessions. The only way to see them is to attend. Here is a link to last years’ sessions.
http://forum.volition.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=79802

By the way, just so everyone knows the numbers. Right now according to only our Facebook page, not including our attendees from our forums, we have 163 confirmed attendees with another 608 maybe attending.

We want to urge you not to wait to register as the room will only hold so many people and we still have three months before the conference.

424-235-IMSC (4672)
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  08:49:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did some research about babysitting services. I called about 10 of them and two came on top. The others I would not want to leave my kids with, either because they charge $60 per hour, or they have bad reviews on Google, or this one woman who was obviously smoking while talking to me and then clearly told a child to "Stop it! I'm on the phone dammit!" (yeah, she wasn't a winner...)

Anyhow, the two that made the cut, I would leave my own kids with them without hesitating.

They are:
Artsy Nannies:
http://www.artsynannies.com/

Every baby sitter is mature, energetic and patient. She has a minimum of three years experience in childcare and must have CPR and First Aid certifications. She must pass a background check. She is licensed, bonded and insured.

She will come to the hotel prepared with supplies for Arts and Crafts as well as Science projects. For children in diapers, a report listing diaper changes, nap times and feedings will be supplied.

Rates: There is a 3 hour minimum; the rate is $35 per hour including a one time $10 reservation fee ($115.00). This rate is for one (1) to three (3) children.

Dial-A-Granny:
http://www.artsynannies.com/

This is a professional childcare and babysitting service which is licensed, bonded and insured. Every babysitter goes through rigorous checking including, finger printing, and background check. She has CPR and First Aid Certification and Disaster Training.

Granny comes to the hotel with games, puzzles, crafts and books to entertain the children. With older children and with a signed parent’s permission, Granny will take them to museums, art galleries, amusement parks, shows, etc…

Rates: There is a four (4) hours minimum. The rates are $25 for 1 child - $35 for 2 children - $45 for 3 children – no more than 3 kids per Granny.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

NickSarro

Pottstown, PA
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  7:24:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say - I made my reservation and cannot wait for the conference. Anxious to meed 'old' and make new aquaintances. Have friends traveling with me - going to be there from the 12th to the 18th!!! Looking foward to my 'free' comp rooms!! WOO WOO!!

'Nick' Sarro
SE Pennsylvania
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

.EboniF

Rockford, IL
USA
26 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  9:28:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gosh I totally want to go! I haven't gotten "good" enough to get comp rooms and good airfare prices!

Eboni
Happily shopping Northern IL and Southern WI!
Go to Top of Page

ShilaF

Charlotte, NC
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2010 :  2:40:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Servanne, for the child care recommendations and for the time you put in pre-screening and calling everyone. I will probably need to take advantage of them.

However, I was hoping for a more flexible, less costly solution. I wanted to put it out there in case anyone is bringing their teenage daughter along who might want to make some extra money babysitting my son so I can attend some of the workshops. I have a room at the hotel and he naps every afternoon for two hours, so that part would be EASY work!

We will be arriving Saturday evening and I am excited to meet everyone and learn everything I can.

Please email me if you can help with the child care.

Thanks, Shila

Shila F.
Charlotte, NC
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

IMSC

Las Vegas, NV
USA
331 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  7:07:11 PM  Visit IMSC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Coast to Coast Scheduling Services is giving one lucky winner a scholarship to the 2010 IMSC. Visit their facebook page to get your opportunity to attend...compliments of Coast to Coast Scheduling Services.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=115555098487951&topic=58

424-235-IMSC (4672)
Go to Top of Page

Porhammer
Valued Contributor

Palm Bay, FL
USA
246 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2010 :  08:02:12 AM  Visit Porhammer's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The Video Certification Workshops following the IMSC Conference are filling up fast. Wednesday the 18th has only one spot left and Thursday is also on it's way to becoming full.

If you want to do the Video Certification in Vegas, let me know so you don't miss the opportunity because the Workshops are full!

Carrie Porhammer
Go to Top of Page

Meli
Valued Contributor

Houston, Texas
USA
129 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2010 :  11:25:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey guys an FYI: I attempted to book my room yesterday and received an error message. I called the hotel and was informed that 2-Queen non-smoking rooms for those dates were selling out fast and after that they would only have 2-Queen smoking rooms and King Bed rooms left. It appears that the hotel is filling up quick so if you haven't yet reserved your room better jump on it.

Meli
Go to Top of Page

TerriLynn44
Trainee

Manitou Beach, MI
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  06:36:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am all signed up!! Airfare..booked. Hotel Room...booked. Conference...booked!! Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Terri Stewart
Silver & Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

IMSC

Las Vegas, NV
USA
331 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  06:23:23 AM  Visit IMSC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
We have only 44 days before the conference and want to remind you that due to our agreement with the host hotel, we will have to raise the conference fee on July 15th to $150.00.

424-235-IMSC (4672)
Go to Top of Page

IMSC

Las Vegas, NV
USA
331 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  06:28:45 AM  Visit IMSC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Congrats WINNERS! Yes, winners plural - SURPRISE!

This is from their facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/La-Habra-CA/Coast-to-Coast-Scheduling-Services/115555098487951?ref=ts&ajaxpipe=1&__a=17

Congrats WINNERS! Yes, winners plural - SURPRISE! We've decided to sponsor two shoppers to the conference.
Jeff Penwell moved us with his dedication to shopping despite personal health problems and his sisters recent illness. In addition Kevin Stilwell made us laugh with his bathroom check of the woman's room by mistake! Thank you all for participating. We can't wait to meet you in Vegas.

424-235-IMSC (4672)
Go to Top of Page

Porhammer
Valued Contributor

Palm Bay, FL
USA
246 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  8:12:03 PM  Visit Porhammer's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Undercover Essentials had the drawing for a scholarship for the IMSC Conference and the winner is...... Jody Bryant!

Congrats Jody!

Carrie Porhammer
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums