Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

Meli
Valued Contributor

Houston, Texas
USA
129 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2010 :  11:49:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have finally made it home. I had an awesome time at the conference and learned a thing or two (or more). The best part was listening to so many different ideas, perspectives, and ways of doing things that you wouldn't previously have thought of.
It was great catching up with everyone as well as seeing new faces and I made some really amazing new friends (with a wink at my fellow Amazonian woman).
Looking forward to the next one!

Meli
Go to Top of Page

EmilyMtr
Valued Contributor

Vancouver, BC
Canada
204 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2010 :  8:17:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Liz,

You are right. I did not see a Rep from Marketforce. I looked the first night and the second day. They had a name plate on the table beside Corporate Research but they seemed to be no shows. I asked someone the first night and was told that they were just late.

I for one was going to ask them about the deactivation system.
Go to Top of Page

IMSC
Independent Mystery Shoppers Conference

Las Vegas, NV
USA
331 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2010 :  8:25:12 PM  Visit IMSC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
There was a sign for Market Wise, not Market Force. Unfortunately, Market Force was unable to follow through and attend this year. They are hopeful to attend next year.

Independent Mystery Shoppers' Coalition
http://imscinfo.com
Email: info@imscinfo.com
424-235-IMSC (4672)
Go to Top of Page

ShilaF

Charlotte, NC
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2010 :  11:59:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been home for a few days and I must say I had a fabulous time in Las Vegas. Thanks to the IMSC for hosting this event and bringing everyone together. I had the opportunity to meet many of the 'regulars' here on Volition and it was great to put a face to a name. I enjoyed making many new friends and everyone was so wonderful! It was also good to be able to meet and interact with schedulers that I have worked with and to meet new ones that I hope to be working with soon :) I am looking forward to the next one!

Shila F.
Charlotte, NC
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MegRentrak
Valued Contributor

Portland, OR
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2010 :  08:09:21 AM  Visit MegRentrak's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
We had a great time at the conference. It was great to meet some of our existing shoppers as well as potential new shoppers.
The topics were of interest and informative.
Many thanks to the IMSC team for all their hard work!

Meg Rodriguez
Rentrak Corporation
mco@rentrak.com
ms.rentrak.com
Go to Top of Page

Les1989

Northern CA & NV, CA
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2010 :  08:14:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It was my first IMSC event and as somewhat of a "newbie" I found it very worthwhile to attend. I highly recommend it to anyone considering next year's event and I plan to attend again. I got a lot of good information, resources and contacts out of it. Kudos to all the hard working folks who worked hard all year and made this happen for the rest of us.

I tried to find you all the morning after at the deli to say "thanks" again and goodbye...but the clan had already dispersed:) Thank you IMSC!

MSPA Gold
MSPA & IMSC Video Certified
Nevada Registered
Go to Top of Page

Rene-R
Valued Contributor

Phoenix, AZ
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  10:13:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was expecting to learn a lot, but I was not expecting to have so much fun! There wasn't a lot of organized socializing so I went up and introduced myself to a few different people and we ended up having an absolute blast! I laughed harder than I have in a long time. I also got contacts from people about some other work that I do on the side that I think will be really helpful.

All in all, a very fun and knowledgeable group. Thanks to the organizers and the speakers! I know you worked hard, and I think it was well worth it. I can't wait for next October!

PS,
Meli, am I the fellow Amazonian? LOL!!!

Gold shopping metro Phoenix & airports everywhere, since 2005. ~ Have Video equipment, will travel!
Go to Top of Page

Meli
Valued Contributor

Houston, Texas
USA
129 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  10:52:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Rene, next year I need to fly into Phoenix so we can do that road trip

Meli
Go to Top of Page

Porhammer
Valued Contributor

Palm Bay, FL
USA
246 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  11:23:01 AM  Visit Porhammer's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Next year, I am staying in a SECRET room...*smile*.... *looking at Meli and Rene*

Fun was had by all...and much was learned. I made priceless contacts and felt my money was well invested!

Carrie Porhammer
Undercover Essentials, LLC
Raising the Standard in the Video Shopping World a Few Shoppers at a Time!
Go to Top of Page

Rene-R
Valued Contributor

Phoenix, AZ
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  9:52:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Porhammer

Next year, I am staying in a SECRET room...*smile*.... *looking at Meli and Rene*

LOL Carrie! We will find you! It will be easy... we'll just listen for the cackling in the restaurant bar, and look for the patrons saying, "PLEASE STOP LAUGHING!!!!" Haha...

Gold shopping metro Phoenix & airports everywhere, since 2005. ~ Have Video equipment, will travel!
Go to Top of Page

Meli
Valued Contributor

Houston, Texas
USA
129 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  10:37:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Rene- of course you are the fellow Amazonian!

Pshaw Carrie, you know you enjoyed every second of our obnoxiously charming and entertaining selves.

Meli
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  04:55:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Meli,
Was it you who helped me find a ride-share for an early morning flight? Thanks soooooo much! You may have missed your calling as a scheduler.

IMSC, please take note that we need to add an "early morning ride share scheduler" position to the roster for the next two conferences. Hint, hint.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

Meli
Valued Contributor

Houston, Texas
USA
129 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  10:17:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cilla, that was me, and it was no problem at all.

I had a rental car and the shuttle schedule was so wonky that I ended up driving a few groups to and from the airport as well. I actually sort of enjoyed this as I got to talk to some really nice people that I didn't get much of a chance to interact with during the conference.

Meli
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2010 :  11:10:11 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've never been to Vegas over Halloween. Anything special we should know about?
Go to Top of Page

RobinC

Lexington, KY
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  05:11:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am planning on going to the Florida conference this year. The last two years I have stayed in my time share in Vegas. There has never been a problem with me parking in the hotel lot where the conference is taking place. I am wondering if this will be a problem in Florida, since the hotel is on Disney property, and a lot of times, parking is for people staying at the hotel only? Can someone find out about this?
THANKS!

Robin
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Lexington and Central Kentucky
Go to Top of Page

IMSC

Las Vegas, NV
USA
331 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  05:57:53 AM  Visit IMSC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
They offer free parking for the hotel guests only. We will make a phone call and see if we can arrange for parking for everyone attending.

424-235-IMSC (4672)
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  4:04:59 PM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Volition.com will be holding a contest to give away entry passes to each of the 2011 conferences.

Entry ticket to program sessions and all networking events. Value $125.

I'm thinking just a random drawing with one entry per day, but I'm open to ideas.
Go to Top of Page

GinaH
Valued Contributor

San Antonio, Texas
USA
231 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  1:22:31 PM  Visit GinaH's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am a scheduler and have never attended one of these. How do I go about registering and possibly signing up new potential mystery shoppers. Do I need to register our company?

Gina Hernandez
Account Assistant
Sinclair Customer Metrics
Go to Top of Page

IMSC

Las Vegas, NV
USA
331 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  2:47:54 PM  Visit IMSC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gina, an email with a phone number has been sent to you through your Volition email.

424-235-IMSC (4672)
Go to Top of Page

IMSC

Las Vegas, NV
USA
331 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  10:38:54 AM  Visit IMSC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Remember, shoppers who were unable to post on Volition or Facebook during the conference have until September 15th, 2010 to post your feedback on the conference in order to be entered into the drawing for a free certificate to one of the 2011 conferences. The drawing will take place on September 16th and the winner, selected by random.org will be announced here and on Facebook.

424-235-IMSC (4672)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums