Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Games, Entertainment, Travel, Food & Food for Thought
 Recipes and Food Ideas
 What are you doing with your Thanksgiving left-overs?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2009 :  8:36:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I look forward to turkey left-overs even more than I do the original meal. For me, turkey on home-made bread with mayo and cheddar cheese is a necessary part of the holiday tradition. I am also making apple and cranberry pie with the left-over home-made cranberry sauce. And turkey and noodles is a must. Tonight potato cakes are on the menu with the left-over mashed potatoes.

What are your favorites--or something you are trying for the first time.

Jnanne
Silver certified

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2011 :  1:42:32 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I generally buy one of the largest Turkeys I can find, or buy two and cook both for Thanksgiving. After stripping off the meat, I will boil the carcass' and make a humungus batch of Turkey soup, or stew, in my 20 quart elctric roaster to get several already made meals to eat at later dates. At Christmas, Ill do the same thing except make the opposite of what I made from the Thanksgiving leftovers. Ill either can it up, or freeze it.
Have you noticed the prices theyre getting for turkey this year is up? Holy cow, its $1.98 a pound here! I bought mine three weeks ago and saved a buck a pound!
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1634 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2015 :  09:13:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I made tettrazini (sp?) one year .... that was easy to make and delicious. I also made shepherd's pie, soup, stew.... any casserole with pasta, rice or potato with turkey and vegie is good. You can add soups like cream of mushroom or cream of chicken and some cheese too. Another idea is to take tomatoes or sauce ... put turkey in and cook like cacciatore.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Forum Tip:
Active Topics

If you are logged in, click the link above to see all the topics that have had posts since your last visit.

Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums