Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Barbara
Valued Contributor

New Jersey
USA
118 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  6:43:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have family that work there so I cannot do it. Sometimes when I go there, they have no chicken. Service is poor with the staff ignoring customers as they talk among themselves. One of them,recently,kept walking pass me and did not pay any attention to me as I waited for him to take my order. There were other staff also present and they ignored me too. They were too busy horsing around to wait on anyone. Ten minutes is a long time to wait for two strawberry parfaits!

JanJojo
Star Contributor

West Virginia
USA
42759 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  7:23:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I mystery shopped KFC several years ago. For the
life of me I can't remember who the company was.

Janette Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1154 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2010 :  12:34:57 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, KFC is shopped multiple times per month. They have it set up so different shoppers do them. They shop drive thru and inside as separate shops. The pay is reasonable and timely. I recently did one and was paid within a week. That is not normal, but was a nice surprise.
They change up the shop more often than most repeat shops. This keeps the shopper fresh and reduces the likelyhood of being spotted for doing the same thing. I don't worry about that much as I am a regular customer who never orders the same thing twice. I sometimes pass up my regular location and take other ones. I had one recently just down the street from a merchandising assignment. It was the first time that I shopped that location.
The company that has the contract in our area has other shopping opportunities as well. Once in a while, you can pick up different shops within a mile of that KFC on the same trip.

Since you cannot shop it ... IF you are really unhappy about what you experienced, KFC has a website for that:
http://64.213.197.19/forms/irpt_CustExperience.aspx

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2010 :  1:27:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are shopped by a large and reputable msc. The shops started last month and I picked up four more this month. At one dine-in they ran out of biscuit, but he comp. my drink instead.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
676 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  08:45:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm wondering if they are only shopped in certain parts of the country as I have not seen anything here in California. If it is a Sassie company I have not received an email or a Jobslinger alert. I also believe I am registered with every major MSC and don't see anything listed. The only KFC shops I know of in my area are the revealed audits.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

Cassy S.
Valued Contributor

Seattle, Washington
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  2:10:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't think they are shopped in KY either. I too have seen the audit but not an actually shop. I know I haven't seen all the shops but thought I would have seen an e-mail or something.

Cassy
Love to shop the greater Seattle area.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  10:05:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is not one of the sassie companies; they have their own software.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
676 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  10:58:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tina,
In what geographical areas have you seen these shops?

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1154 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2010 :  5:33:58 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a nonfood shop here in Omaha for a west coast MSC. The PayPal information indicates they have the KFC contract for many areas of California.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2010 :  11:04:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A new round of dine-in and drive thru just posted in Florida. If you want me to check other states, provide me with zipcodes and I can check for you.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Cassy S.
Valued Contributor

Seattle, Washington
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  05:18:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tina,

Will you check Kentucky - 40701 - home of the original KFC.

Thanks,

Cassy
Love to shop the greater Seattle area.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  10:45:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry Cassy S...no KFC in 150 mile radius of 40701. However, there were six grocery stores posted within 25 miles of your zip code.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Netti
Valued Contributor

Hudson, FL
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  10:29:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been really pleased in being able to pick up the KFC's. Evidentially, the store staff (and management) do not take our reports seriously as I've seen very little change in their actions. One of my reports was returned for editing because I could find no more accurate words than, 'the blood was oozing out of the chicken'. Maybe I should have said, it was under cooked or nearly raw. Regardless, these stores NEED to be shopped !

Silver Shopper - West Coast Florida
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  4:27:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really enjoy shopping the KFCs. The food was always up to standard. However, I had gotten wrong orders or dirty parking lots. Thank goodness I never had bad chicken!

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Raymond E
Valued Contributor

Gilbert, AZ
USA
159 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  6:58:53 PM  Visit Raymond E's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Netti

I've been really pleased in being able to pick up the KFC's. Evidentially, the store staff (and management) do not take our reports seriously as I've seen very little change in their actions. One of my reports was returned for editing because I could find no more accurate words than, 'the blood was oozing out of the chicken'. Maybe I should have said, it was under cooked or nearly raw. Regardless, these stores NEED to be shopped !

I think it is hard for us to know how some of these reports are actually used. KFC is part of Yum brands which owns Taco Bell, Long John Silvers, KFC, Pizza Hut and A&W. It was a former division of the Pepsi corporation before being spun off. Some stores are owned by the corporation and some are franchised. But in the end we know that not all KFC's are being shopped. So I think we can assume that it is not actually the national corporation but rather a large regional franchiser.

Who knows what they are actually doing with the data.

Raymond
MPSA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1019 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  9:21:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How coincidental that I was disappointed with my KFC meal today, then come home to find this thread on top!!

But alas, a phone call told me what I already suspected... stores franchised, no MS'ing except the opinionport BS on the back of the receipt.
I don't know which would be worse: management knowing of the stores' failures to please customers, and not caring enough to seek valid feedback, *or* the store management being foolish enough to be duped by these "back of receipt" feedback programs.
Go to Top of Page

Raymond E
Valued Contributor

Gilbert, AZ
USA
159 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  9:32:59 PM  Visit Raymond E's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dar-L

How coincidental that I was disappointed with my KFC meal today, then come home to find this thread on top!!

But alas, a phone call told me what I already suspected... stores franchised, no MS'ing except the opinionport BS on the back of the receipt.
I don't know which would be worse: management knowing of the stores' failures to please customers, and not caring enough to seek valid feedback, *or* the store management being foolish enough to be duped by these "back of receipt" feedback programs.

You would be surprised. The Target corporation depends on nothing else other than those receipt reports to judge how the stores are serving their guests. They actually take it so far as to effect the raise system for team members.

Raymond
MPSA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2011 :  12:53:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KenASch

The only KFC shops I know of in my area are the revealed audits.

BTW, anyone have any idea on the next round of audits? I'm guessing April, as in the past. Are they still posted with the parent company or with their formerly Canadian subsidiary?

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

Heather C.
Valued Contributor

Montreal
Canada
196 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2011 :  3:39:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't check the MSC's website often so I was wondering if anyone knows if KFC is still shopped in Canada?

Heather
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums