Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3062 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  08:59:43 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get so many funny spam emails, I thought I might post them so we can all make fun.

I just won a million bucks from PCH!

From: "FROM THE PUBLISHERS CLEARING HOUSE" <info@pch.com .us>

GOOD DAY

WE ARE FROM THE PUBLISHERS CLEARING HOUSE (PCH) AND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
    JUST WON YOU ONE MILLION DOLLARS($1,000,000.00 USD) IN THIS WEEK PCH
    LOTTO,WINNER YOU ARE TO CONTACT OUR FIDUCIARY.PLEASE NOTE,IF YOU ARE NOT
    THE RIGHTFULL OWNER OF THIS EMAIL,DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS MAIL THANKS.
    AGENT: Mr. Barry Badmos
    EMAIL:pchclaimsdpt22@gmail.com
    EMAIL:pch_claimsdpt1@qatar.io
    YOU ARE REQUIRE TO SEND THE INFORMATION BELOW TO PROCESS YOUR CLAIM

FULL NAME:
    ADDRESS:
    SEX:
    NATIONALITY:
    PRESENT COUNTR
    REGARDS
    Yours in service,
    Mr. Barry Badmos.
    Dispatch Director

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3062 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  09:06:34 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
    Subject: Package deposited in your name here to receive

This is an official notification of the availability of a package deposited in your name and it is not a sales solicitation or SPAM.

We are Diplomats that use our immunity and status to safekeeping special and valuable packages and baggage in trust for reputable clients that are honest and trustworthy.

We work in collaboration with top firms and Governments of various countries as we have earned a name as a service whose hallmarks in reliability and confidentiality are revered.

International missions, Fellow Diplomats and Embassies of the world have used our services to satisfaction.

A benefactor whose identity can not be disclosed because of the Non Circumvention and Non Disclosure Agreement that was signed with the said benefactor when the packages were being deposited made you the beneficiary of a package containing some amount of money and stated clearly that you should only be contacted when the time signed for it to be in our care elapses and the time has already elapsed that is why you are being contacted.

The Non Circumvention and Non Disclosure Agreement signed with the benefactor mandates us to fully divulge and disclose the benefactor's identity 18 months after the beneficiary has received the funds.

The funds in the package is (Five Million, Five Hundred Thousand U.S. Dollars) and we confirm that these funds are fully free of any liens, or encumbrances and are clean, clear and non-criminal origin and are available in the form of CASH.

You are hereby advised to send your Full Contact Information as well as the name of the closest airport to your city in the format stated below so that the funds would be brought to your Country of residence by 3 Diplomats who would accompany you to your bank (if you want them to) to deposit the funds in your name and submit all documentations that has to do with the origin of the funds in other to exonerate you from any form of investigations or interrogation and to authenticate the fact that the funds are clean and has no links whatsoever with either drugs or terrorism.

The Requested Information is to ensure that no mistake or error is made and it should be forwarded in the manner stated below:

Your Full Name: ______________________________

Your Complete Address: ________________________________

Name of City of Residence: ____________________

Name of Closest Airport to your city of
    Residence:_________________________________

Direct Telephone Number:___________________________________

The Telephone number is very necessary because the number would be called by the Diplomats before the funds would be handed over to you so as to ensure that the package is handed over to the right person.
    So, it’s mandatory you send your Direct Telephone Number preferably your Mobile Phone Number.

Complete the above and send it to as soon as possible.
    We look forward to hearing from you soonest
    Have a nice day.
    Fred Hill Moore

So, they use their diplomatic immunity to smuggle packages, someone I don't know tagged me as their beneficiary, and they can somehow deposit $5.5million into my bank and no one will ask any questions about it as they know the funds are clean.
Go to Top of Page

BCheatam
Star Contributor

IN
USA
275 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  1:12:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know these are Spam, I get them all the time, but was wondering what they do with your information? Your name, address, and phone number are pretty much public anyway. Has anyone ever responded? What will they do?

Silver Certified Mystery Shopper & Auditor in Central and Southern Indiana.
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3062 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  4:00:01 PM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
For the most part, emails like this are what is called a "Advance Fee Fraud (AFF)" or "Nigerian 419 scam" which you can look up for more info.

They tell you that you won, inherited and somehow got a huge sum of money. They will get it to you, but wait, we need to bride some person or get it thru customs or pay taxes on it or there is a processing fee. Whatever it is, you need to give them some money first. Not a lot of money compared to what you are going to be getting.

Enough people give them the money to make this a multi-million dollar business.
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3062 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2010 :  11:46:55 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Same scam, but I don't even understand what he is saying.

Subject: Goodday!!!,

Goodday!!!,

We wish to inform you that your overdue payment has be scheduled to pay to you through certified ATM Card which you will be only required to proceed to any ATM Cash Point to withdraw $50,000 per day till your complete payment fund are completed.

This development was as result of new payment policy revolution of 2010 carry out by the World Financial Body in collaboration with World Bank Audit unit and United Nations Policy maker unit under world bank new year payment constitution.

This effort is to help the international monetary fund restrict and monitor every international transaction to avoid money laundering activities and will help us to fight against fraudulent activities from scam experts.

Furthermore you are advice to reconfirm you billing address include your full name and direct contact telephone number to the Euro Finance Investment BankOf Benin for the issuance certified ATM Credit Card,

Contact them with the below information
    Bank Name: Euro Financial Bank PLC
    Email: efbb00229@w.cn
    NAME: Barrister Michael Anthony
    TELPHONE +229 98124062

Yours
    Bernard Demas
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2085 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2010 :  12:56:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here is a classic 419 I just got it. The funny part is this person keeps picking up ailments as they go along. They are aiming it at Churches I guess.
Hehe Any delay and they will make this amazing offer to some other church! I did not know I was a church :)

DONATION FROM MRS CELIA LUCAS
    Dearest In The Lord,

I greet you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ our Lord, I am Mrs Celia Lucas,from Kuwait. I am married to Mr. Oliviera Lucas who worked with Kuwait embassy in Ivory Coast for nine years before he died last year 2008.

We were married for eleven years without a child. He died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days. Before his death we were both born again Christian. Since his death I decided not to remarry or get a child outside my matrimonial home which the Bible is against.

When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of US$2.500million dollars in a Bank in Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire West . Presently, this money is still in bank. Recently, my Doctor told me that I would not last for the next Eight months due to cancer problem.

The one that disturbs me most is my stroke sickness. Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to a charity organization that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct herein.

I want an organization that will use this fund for orphanages, school and church , widows, propagating the word of God and to endeavor that the house of God is maintained. The Bible made us to understand that "Blessed is the hand that giveth".

I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are not Christians and I don't want my husband's efforts to be used by unbelievers.

I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly way. This is why I am taking this decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord. Exodus 14 VS 14 says that "the lord will fight my case and I shall hold my peace".

I don't need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health hence the presence of my husband's relatives around me always. I don't want them to know about this development.With God all things are possible. As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the Bank in Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire.

I will also issue you an authority letter that will prove you the present beneficiary of this fund from Cote d'Ivoire federal High Court of Justice. I want you and the church to always pray for me because the lord is my shephard. My happiness is that I lived a life of a worthy Christian.

Whoever that Wants to serve the Lord must serve him in spirit and Truth. Please always be prayerful all through your life. any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing another church for this same purpose. Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I Stated herein. Hoping to receive your reply.

Remain blessed in the Lord.
    Yours Sister In Christ,
    Mrs Celia Lucas

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3062 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  10:08:47 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been getting lots like this. It is good to be loved.

Hi love
    just decided to know you better,do not be surprised.
    If it will be kind of you,may i know your wish at
    ( nansi.4real@yahoo.in )
    Nansi
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3062 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  10:05:01 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Western Union® finally is going to help us fight the scams they have help perpetuate.

Welcome to Western Union®
    Send Money Worldwide
    www.westernunion.com
    Tel/ +229-9867-9345

Attention: E-mail Address Owner
    RE: 2010 SCAM VICTIM'S COMPENSATION FROM THE IMF BENIN
    The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is compensating all the scam victims and your email address was found in the scam victim's list. This Western Union® office has been mandated by the IMF to transfer your compensation to you via Western Union® Money Transfer.

However, we have concluded to affect your own payment through Western Union® Money Transfer, $5,000 twice daily until the total sum of $500,000.00USD is completely transferred to you. We can not be able to send the payment with your email address alone, thereby we need your information as to where we will be sending the funds, such as; Receiver's name:.... Address:....Country:.....Phone number:.....Attached copy of your Identification...Contact our Customer Care at (western-union-13@w.cn) with your full information.
    Note that your payment files will be returned to the IMF within 72 hours if we did not hear from you, this was the instruction given to us by the IMF. We will start the transfer as soon as we received your information. For urgent inquiry, call +229-9867-9345
    Thanks,
    chif mr. Ejike Ifedi
    Director Western Union® Money Transfer,
    Head Office Benin Republic.
    Tel; +229-9867-9345
    CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE

This email is intended for the owner of this E-mail Address only and contains privileged and confidential information. If you received this email by error, please delete it from your mail box and notify us immediately for correction. The disclosure of this email to a third party is highly prohibited. Thanks for your understanding.
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
2867 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  7:31:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is it better to be loved or to spend a short time believing you have half a million dollars coming your way? Hmmm...a possible communicable disease that may have no cure or a possible legal issue that could take years to sort out. Hard to choose.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3062 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  10:19:27 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Short but sweat. There was no attackment.

DEAR SIR/MADAM

PLEASE CHEAK THE ATTACHMENT LETTER AND GET BACK TO ME ASAP.THANKS
Go to Top of Page

Carrie711
Valued Contributor

Citrus County, Florida
USA
154 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2010 :  09:03:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received this spam mail this morning. I don't quite know what he wants.

Compliment,

My name is Ottoola Banji. I work in the telex and central computer department of the Bank Of Ghana, among our work is to program funds into the Central computer system for release through a key tested telex wire transfer directly to our clients' bank.

Your file has been sent severally for payment and after keying in your account information, only to receive an order to stop further release. I do not know the reasons because I am a very junior officer, a widower with only one son. Infact I live in abject poverty that is very pitiable.

After careful study of your contract claims, I decided to strike this deal with you. I can single handedly punch in your account information into the system and leaving the one that I am supposed to and your contractual funds will be paid into your account. I need not go in details about this until I hear from you as this must be a watertight agreement between you and me.

I would like to know what you can compensate me with when this is done because immediately this is done; I will definitely leave for a safer place with my only child because the government will be looking for me. One of my colleagues did it and was successful only he was cheated out by the person he strucked the deal with. Hope you will not let me down at last?

If this arrangement is not ok by you, Please disregard it and do not tell anyone about it as I do not want to loose my work this time because my suffering is too much.

Thanks in anticipation for a favorable reply.

MR. OTTOOLA BANJI.

Carrie
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3062 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2010 :  09:22:16 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carrie711

I received this spam mail this morning. I don't quite know what he wants.
What he wants is for you to be so greedy that you say you will help him steal, and you won't cheat him. All he will need to do this crime is for you to give him all your bank info and it will happen. But wait, after you do that he will not trust you, so can you send him $5,000 just to be sure you don't completely cheat him. But wait, someone found out and he needs to give them a $10,000 bride. The money will be in your account right away, except for yet another delay with you need to send money to help fix. etc. After you have given them all the money you ever had, you will never hear from them again.
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3062 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2010 :  09:48:33 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't even know I had an account in China (yahoo.cn), but I sent him my informations including password right away so he could fix my account.

Reply-To: <nrmrhuanjun@yahoo.cn>
    Subject: Account Upgrade Maintenance.
    Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 07:02:40 +0100

Dear Email Users,

Due to numerous complaints on ongoing recent spam activities on your account, vital maintainance will be conducted on our Email servers.

To confirm and to keep your Email account active,a confirmation for ownership must be provided. Confirm the informations below.Failure to do this might cause a permanent deactivation of your Email Webmail account from our server.

Email Address:
    Password:
    Telephone Number:

Your account shall remain active after you have successfully confirmed your above requested informations. We apologize for any inconveniences caused as a result of this notification. We thank you for your prompt attention to this notification.

Email Technical Support

Copyright 2010 Email. All Rights Reserved.
Go to Top of Page

Walter
Contributor

Mesa, AZ
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2010 :  11:44:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My favorite is:

"Greetings to you.

SCAMMED VICTIM/ $500,000 BENEFICIARIES.
    REF/PAYMENTS CODE: ECB/06654 $500,000 USD.

On behalf of the Obama's Foundation and UNITED NATIONS, we wish to notify
    you as a beneficiary of $500,000 USD in compensation of scam
    victims.This is to bring to your notice that we are delegated from the
    Obama's Foundation and UNITED NATIONS in Central Bank to pay 150 victims
    of scam $500,000 USD (Five Hundred Thousand Dollars) each. You are listed
    and approved for this payment as one of the scammed victims to be paid
    this amount.

According to the number of applicants at hand, 114 Beneficiaries has
    been paid, over a half of the victims are from the United States, we
    still have a pending of 36 compensations left to be paid. Your
    particulars was mentioned by one of the Syndicates who was arrested as
    one of their victims of the operations, you are hereby warned not to
    communicate or duplicate this message to him for any reason what so
    ever as the U.S. secret service is already on trace of the other
    criminals. So keep it secret till they are all apprehended.Other
    victims who have not been contacted can submit their application as
    well for scrutiny and possible consideration

Do contact HSBC INTERNATIONAL BANK, United Kingdom Branch for
    verification and release of your $500,000 USD that we have deposited
    with the HSBC BANK,UK.
    The account log on will be presented to you by the bank in order to
    access the funds before releasing into your nominated bank account.
    You will transfer the funds into your nominated account on-line as the
    HSBC BANK,UK will provide the necessary information to you. Please if you
    are willing to accept the funds, do contact the Managing Director of the
    HSBC BANK,UK with the following details:

You are to fill the appropriate form and submit to the bank.
    [1] Full Names:________________
    [2] Contact address______________________________
    [3] Direct Telephone No: ___________________
    |4| Occupation : ____________________________

Managing Director of the HSBC BANK,UK
    Name: Mrs. Jessica carton
    Private Email:mrsjessica.carton@gmail.com
    Yours Faithfully,
    Dr.Caravan Marvis
    Coordinator.
    OBAMA'S FOUNDATION AND UNITED NATIONS© 2010"

As Bill O'Reilly might say, "Thank God Barack is looking out for me."

Walter
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2085 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  04:19:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
These letters are so funny and phony too. They are getting very crafty about it. Its pretty creative stuff. The shame of it is people have bought into this junk!!!! I like the one worded at the end you can reward my firm one way or another you knows best. You would think these scammers would get a few grammer lessons before they write these emails. lol

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
2867 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  06:32:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You know, Sandy, I thought that at first. However, I decided that since they are targeting the uneducated and uninformed, they probably figured it wasn't worth the effort. People who notice the poor grammar are not so likely to be taken in. (Not that being educated exempts a person from poor-decision-making...)

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3062 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  11:03:20 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Read the transcript of the Dateline show with Chris Hansen

Face to face with spammers and scammers
Do you get e-mails from exotic places, pleading for help and promising millions? Chris Hansen goes on the hunt for a different kind of predator

"The FBI’s John Hambrick says at least 10,000 people will be victimized by the e-mail cons this year alone."
Go to Top of Page

Carrie711
Valued Contributor

Citrus County, Florida
USA
154 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2010 :  04:05:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Look at what I won this morning ~ short and sweet
Here is the entire email:

Exxon Mobil Malaysia
You Won USD500,000.00

Carrie
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3062 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2010 :  10:10:12 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
My dog, who died 2 years ago, just got several emails regarding his paypal account and other bank transactions he had scheduled.

Yes, my dog had an email account. The new dog does as well.

These were all phishing emails, designed to make the user say "I didn't schedule a bank transfer!" and click the link and log in to their fake site with your real bank password.

Luckily all my dog's passwords are encrypted in dog speak.
Go to Top of Page

Carrie711
Valued Contributor

Citrus County, Florida
USA
154 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2010 :  11:21:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am so jealous Ray.
Not one of my three cats has received an offer yet!

Carrie
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2085 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2013 :  04:26:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Here is a short scammer letter in EUR(OS) no less.

Attention: NOTICE

We are Pleased to confirmed your E-mail as the WINNER of (2.000.000 EUR(OS))
Held JULY 2013 in Europe. We Randomly select winners through our Partners Web
Directory.

Send Below Form;

SEND NAME......
Contact ADD...
Home Tel.....
Cell Tel.....
Alt. E-mail...

Quick Reply requested.

Claims Director
(Euro Raffle)

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums