Support Area
 Computer Hardware/Software Tips - Q & A
 Phone Hacker Sending Out eMails
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

7 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2010 :  10:10:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wanted everyone to be aware of a major problem I encountered. While vacationing, I used my cell phone to check my e mail. I suddenly started to get a large amount of returned mail. I had not sent out any email, so I knew something was not right. It happened that someone had hacked in, and was using my e mail address to send everyone I had any e mail contact with, a link to an unknown website. Several people on this forum, as well as many mystery shopping companies, received this. I spoke to AOL about this, and was told to change my password. This seems to have done the trick. I wanted to apologize to anyone who received an e mail from me. I don't know what the link concerned, as it was not opened. I also wanted to warn everyone about the clever hacksters who always seem to find new ways to get into our personal information.

Star Contributor

6557 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2010 :  1:45:31 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good to know Theresa. I in fact did get one of those emails and several company owners were listed in the "CC" line as well. It seemed very strange. One company owner emailed me and asked how he got on this list. I told him I was unsure but it seemed very strange. The email did not show anything about Volition, so I wonder how they got the email addresses.

Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Get Active!

If you just read, you are not really a member.

Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums