Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: ISN Corporation (Information Systems & Networks)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
784 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  10:09:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarlaB

I just filled out the application, and got an email back thanking me for applying for the SNAP program. I didn't think that I was narrowing my options. MelaineS, it is just a 'form letter' email, or did I apply ONLY for SNAP?

I also filled out the short app on line and got the same email, Marla. Maybe she'll come back on the thread and let us know.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  10:40:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got another email, stating that they are checking things out and hope to be in touch soon.

I'm not holding my breath, but $17+ is almost worth coming back to merchandising. That's more than Hubby made per hour before the disability. Downside, we'll get kicked off of Medicaid and have to pay ALL the bills that Medicare doesn't.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  3:22:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm not holding my breath, but $17+ is almost worth coming back to merchandising.

Just so you know, from what I understand, ISN assignments are not merchandising assignments. They are more or less auditor/evaluator assignments under contract from various branches/programs of the US government, like FDA recall audits and SNAP audits/evaluations (auditing/evaluating stores in order to see if they qualify to accept "food stamps" - taking pics, answering questionnaires about products sold in the store and if they classify as the right thing and qualify, etc, etc, etc.).

I passed on ISN because all-in-all, while the pay is MUCH better than merch pay, to me it's not very interesting or just downright boring. I'd rather clean shelves and move products around...LOL. To each their own, though. Some of you may find this to be not so bad a gig.

quote:

Downside, we'll get kicked off of Medicaid and have to pay ALL the bills that Medicare doesn't.

Yeah, tough call. The money is nice, but if in the end it makes you poorer to get a job because you have to pay for medical bills and such, then that's not a good deal. Medical bills are high, as you know, so even $17/hour isn't much if you have a lot of medical bills to pay out of your own pocket.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
514 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  7:38:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We all have our own lives and concerns, what works for some doesn't mean it will work for all, we work a night time gig that gives us the standard faire of cleaning, stocking, and all other basic reset responsabilities ( I declined a regional manager position to try this job, not sorry, actualy happy with it), it also provides all the benefits we need at an affordable price (to us), as to job duties and all the other requirements with ISN we'll know more tomorrow, we have both started our hire on process and will see how it goes, everything sounds great and seems like it will fit in with our plans and schedule, our night gig is really flexible and our other gigs don't seem like there will be a conflict, if there is we'll worry about it at that time, as to boring we know how those jobs work, we just don't let it go that far, that's why other people get those jobs, we'll see how this one goes and go from there, so far it seems promising to us.
HubbyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
784 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  10:37:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MindyZ

We all have our own lives and concerns, what works for some doesn't mean it will work for all, we work a night time gig that gives us the standard faire of cleaning, stocking, and all other basic reset responsabilities ( I declined a regional manager position to try this job, not sorry, actualy happy with it), it also provides all the benefits we need at an affordable price (to us), as to job duties and all the other requirements with ISN we'll know more tomorrow, we have both started our hire on process and will see how it goes, everything sounds great and seems like it will fit in with our plans and schedule, our night gig is really flexible and our other gigs don't seem like there will be a conflict, if there is we'll worry about it at that time, as to boring we know how those jobs work, we just don't let it go that far, that's why other people get those jobs, we'll see how this one goes and go from there, so far it seems promising to us.
HubbyZ

Did you get any sense at how many hours a week or month you would be working these jobs and if they are on going or sporatic? How long does each location take, what is involved, do you get any mileage/gas compensation, etc.?
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2013 :  06:00:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Larry, I'm ready to change, I've already quit the merchandising, but always looking for what might work.

Mindy, you can have all those nights jobs, no competition for me. Totally agree that one person might like something more than someone else. Working with your spouse can be difficult, but me and mine have done it for years and it works well with his problems, an extra set of eyes at least.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
394 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2013 :  3:24:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm a former professional bowler, and my father runs a senior bowling league. I stopped once to visit him, and he introduced me to some of the participants. One asked if I was married. I said 27 years. I was asked if my wife bowls. I said no, and that's why we have been married 27 years. I hear what you all are saying.
Go to Top of Page

MelanieS
Contributor

IL
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2013 :  6:29:36 PM  Send MelanieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla - I just checked, and unfortunately we do not have an opening in your area. The email you received back is an automated reply letting you know that your application was accepted.

As I stated in an earlier post, we do not overhire, and we would not displace our current high-performing reviewers in that area.

Do keep in touch with me directly, and if we have an opening become available, we'd love to get a chance to work with you.

Melanie
Go to Top of Page

MelanieS
Contributor

IL
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2013 :  6:32:10 PM  Send MelanieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue - In general the flow of work is sporadic. In larger metro areas, there is a more steady stream of jobs. We have a couple of new contracts that will definitely add to the workload. If you'd like to message me with your area, I can let you know if we have an opening there and what the trend for the last 120 days has been in terms of work.

Melanie
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2013 :  8:22:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do you have any openings in the Los Angeles area?

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Pamala

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2013 :  05:17:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do you have any openings in the Nashville,Ten area?
Go to Top of Page

MelanieS
Contributor

IL
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2013 :  05:18:05 AM  Send MelanieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ActorMichael

Do you have any openings in the Los Angeles area?

Michael - at this time we are well-staffed in LA. You are certainly welcome to fill out a contact form at: www.isncorp.com/join-us and if we have a need for someone in your area, we would have your information on hand to get in touch with you.

Thanks!

Melanie
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2013 :  2:18:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Melanie, I wasn't looking for immediate anyway.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Dawn5515
Contributor

Zachary, Louisiana
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2013 :  12:54:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I just saw in the ISN newsletter that they are looking for reviewers in the following areas:

Bozeman, MT
Texarkana, TX
Florence, SC
Elizabeth City, NC

www.isncorp.com/join-us/

Dawn
MSPA Silver Certified
Merchandising
Store Audits & Recalls
Mystery Shopping
Go to Top of Page

David B
Apprentice

Bethesda, Maryland
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2014 :  09:12:13 AM  Visit David B's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all -

Just posted a new opening in Bowling Green KY, ongoing work, not just a one-time gig.

I hope to post more areas later this week.

Melanie
Go to Top of Page

MelanieS
Contributor

IL
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2015 :  2:20:54 PM  Send MelanieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all -

Just posted about 40 new areas where we're looking for reviewers.

Let me know if you are in one of those areas, and we'll get you on board!

Thanks!
Melanie

Melanie
Go to Top of Page

MargieG
Valued Contributor

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2015 :  4:20:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've read through the entire thread and maybe I'm just blind (it happens) but where are the open locations posted? I filled out an application but did not see any open locations posted.

Margie
MSPA Gold Certifed since 2004
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2015 :  11:58:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't see anything either.
Go to Top of Page

MelanieS
Contributor

IL
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2016 :  07:08:35 AM  Send MelanieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Margie, April - I post new openings on the JobSlinger job board. I've just updated our areas of need, but I'll list them here also:

Pine Bluff AR
White Hall AR
Phoenix AZ
Tucson AZ
Yuma AZ
Hilo HI
Maui HI
Davenport IA
Alexandria LA
Houma LA
Monroe LA
Caribou ME
Greenville MS
Jackson MS
Natchez MS
Billings MT
Fargo ND
Grand Forks ND
Philadelphia PA
Reading PA
Providence RI
Rapid City SD
Sioux Falls SD
Amarillo TX
Beaumont TX
Laredo TX
Kennewick WA
Walla Walla WA
Kenosha WI

Work is sporadic on the main project, USDA SNAP. We have another (GREAT!) but lower volume project that has 24-hour turnaround, but pays $50+ per site for 10 minutes of work.

If you're in these areas, or just want to be in our database for future consideration, please fill out the contact form at www.isncorp.com/join-us. You are also welcome to email me directly at msteen@isncorp.com .

As stated earlier, if we already have someone GREAT, we're not going to hire in that area. We like to give our folks as much exclusivity as possible to an area. These are long-term contracts that will continue until at least 2020.

Melanie
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
394 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2016 :  6:12:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Melanie, For the record, Reading city in PA has a very large Hispanic population. Bilingual will be most helpful.

Bob Miller
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums