Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 27

BethZ
Valued Contributor

Ellijay, GA
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2003 :  2:07:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just picked this merchandising job up. Does anyone know anything about the company? I have not seen anything on them. Thanks

BethZ Happily shopping North Georgia and silver certified
# rnxu51

VickieB
Contributor

Mocksville, NC
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2003 :  4:06:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for this company only a couple of months, but they pay like clockwork. Their paperwork is self explanitory and easy to complete. I would recommend them based on my limited experience.
Go to Top of Page

Tom
Contributor

USA
211 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2003 :  6:26:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One of the Best around..take any and all jobs they have available...excellent communication...follow through...pay on time
Go to Top of Page

Anni
Star Contributor

PA
USA
726 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2003 :  04:02:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A great company that pays promptly. Just don't forget to mail in your time sheets.
Go to Top of Page

Gennia
Contributor

Alabama
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2003 :  04:10:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Excellent company with wonderful schedulers. I did resets for them and they were great. Also great with paying as others have stated previously.

Happily shopping N Alabama and S Tennessee
Go to Top of Page

Cathy929
Apprentice

Wichita, KS
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2003 :  06:18:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did some work for them and really enjoyed it. They paid well. Would like to do more work for them!!.

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
Valued Contributor

Terre Haute, IN
USA
191 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2003 :  09:45:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also agree, GREAT company!!! I worked for them up until a few weeks ago. My 3 stores were getting more work each rotation and I just can't commit to the longer hours. I'm going to miss them VERY much. Would love to work for them again, if the situation was different.

Marcy ~ mystery shopper in western Indiana.
MSPA Silver Shopper certified #ijjaaf
Go to Top of Page

FaithInGa
Contributor

Rossville, GA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2003 :  06:25:53 AM  Send FaithInGa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BethZ

I just picked this merchandising job up. Does anyone know anything about the company? I have not seen anything on them. Thanks

I worked for them for a little over 2 years and enjoyed the work they assigned, but it started getting a bit much and took most of my scheduled weeks to complete, not leaving much time for my other stores/companies and outside interest. I gave them up just recently, with much hesitation due to the fact that they pay on time everytime and always have something for you to do :) The only complaint I'd have is that maybe a few bonuses or pay raises after you've been there so long might be nice. I know that Merchandising doesn't fit the 'normal' job outline, like if we were actually working for the retail store itself. But, everyone deserves a little pat on the back (or the paycheck) for doing a consistent job.

Merchandising in Northwest Georgia and Tennessee.
Go to Top of Page

TeresaP
Valued Contributor

Lawrenceburg, KY
USA
142 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2003 :  4:13:52 PM  Visit TeresaP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love Premium Retail Services! My scheduler is awesome! I would recommend them to anyone!

Teresa Phillips
Go to Top of Page

BethZ
Valued Contributor

Ellijay, GA
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  7:17:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was scheduled this job before Christmas due on Christmas Eve. Well, my supplies never came. I faxed, called, and emailed. I did not want them to think I flaked. My manager was away for the holiday. She then got stuck in Utah I believe because of an unbelieveable snow storm. Someone else called me back. She said the next wave of supplies is coming. If you don't get them (29th) call the IVR system and order them. SO of course they never came. I call and keep geeting hung up on. BLAH BLAH BLAH Anyway I get a hold of the tec support there. He helps me as best as he can. We figure out the IVR system problem. Still no supplies. No one knows why. He thinks it may be the company that prints them. THey may not have my address. I hope this doesn't hurt my reputation with this company. What do you guys think?

BethZ Happily shopping North Georgia and silver certified
# rnxu51
Go to Top of Page

RebekahTN
Valued Contributor

McMinnville, TN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  08:27:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Beth,
Not knowing wich type job this is for sure it is hard to say... But I'm thinking from the way that you worded the message it was for the CC apps?? If it is, what I was told to do until I received my first batch of apps was to go do it without them. Repair any holders you could and then if there were any empty ones to take a few out of some of the others and redistribute them so they all had some. It was aggravating. Especially since I had to wait a month to get them. (2 jobs worth).
<msg edited by me to take out comments on less pay for doing same job that Premium Retail does not want discussed on the boards. Seems my comments were taken to mean that I was bashing the company although I stated in the messages that I liked working for them and the pay WAS fair if it could be completed in time alloted.>

Rebekah Blake

Shopping and Merchandising in McMinnville, Manchester, Smithville, Tullahoma, Woodbury, Sparta, Cookeville and Murfreesboro Since April 2003.
MSPA Silver Certified # xxfuj7
Go to Top of Page

Andy Hepler

Thomasville, NC
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  11:32:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
See the message thread titled “How much is too little pay for a simple merchandising job”

http://forum.volition.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8553

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Janet
Contributor

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  3:04:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like working for Premium. The pay is accurate, fair and timely. My area managers have been nice to work with.

BUT, I also have a hard time getting the CC apps on time as well as the holders and tape.
Also, the reps for the CC card company do go in after you and check on your work. Well, I had 2 complaints about my stores, one of them I had never received apps for so when the complaint came about the shortage of apps in that store I was pretty upset since I had no control over that situation.
The second complaint came saying a store was short on apps and didn't have Spanish apps when I had been in there the day before and that store was not short on apps by any means and it was not a Spanish app store.
So I don't know what's going on but I don't appreciate getting bad reports on issues I have no control over or inaccurate reports about my work.
I don't know who is responsible for the apps and holders but somebody needs to get on the ball.
If you don't have your apps just do like the other poster said, go into the store and distibute the ones that are there throughout the store and call it in as done.

As for the time allotment, I have no problem getting the work done way before the time alloted.
So I am making GOOD money on those visits. If a dept. manager isn't in I have any store manager sign. If you can't get what you need to have done in the time alloted just fill in your job form and put the appropriate answers and move on.
I have one store that hasn't had children's cds for a couple of months. I report this every time, but nothing gets sent to the store. But I have done my job regardless.

I don't quite know why these issues don't get resolved but just go in and do your job the best you can with what you have to work with.
Go to Top of Page

.StevePRS
Inactive

Chesterfield, MO
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  09:47:39 AM  Visit .StevePRS's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote

Premium Retail Services is a full-service merchandising company based in the suburbs of St. Louis, MO and has been in business for more than 15 years. Premium has more than 3000 reps servicing retail stores in all 50 states

In regards to the credit card application job...the client (GE) is responsible for sending out applications and holders to the field reps. Unfortunately, it usually takes them 2-3 weeks to get these supplies to new reps. After a rep is established, they will receive applications on a monthly basis. Holders are ordered on an "as needed" basis by the field rep.

Hope this information is helpful...

Steven Ressler
Retail Market Manager - IL
Premium Retail Services
sressler@premiumretail.com
Phone: 866-869-9193
Go to Top of Page

SylviaS

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  11:14:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do they hire as employee or IC? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

GeorgiaAnne

Douglasville, GA
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  1:53:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Steve,

I appreciate your information and your position with the company. However, do you wish to address the "How much pay is too little for a simple job?" theme? I don't know much about Premium - I've never worked for them or anything. I'm just curious how the company expects anything to get done in 15 minutes, no matter how simple the job is. You can barely find a parking space, walk into a store, sign in, and ask for help anywhere in 15 minutes.

Georgia Deakin
Merchandising in Douglasville, Lithia Springs and Powder Springs GA
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
Valued Contributor

Terre Haute, IN
USA
191 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  2:47:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SylviaS

Do they hire as employee or IC? Thanks.

I was asked when I started working for them if I wanted to be an employee or IC. It was my choice.

Marcy ~ mystery shopper in western Indiana.
MSPA Silver Shopper certified #ijjaaf
Go to Top of Page

Janet
Contributor

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  2:59:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Georgia Ann,

I can address the pay issue. I work for Premium and have no complaints about the pay. And trust me I don't work cheap and I know what my time is worth.

The time they allot is MORE THAN ENOUGH to do the projects.

What they are doing is giving you 2 or more jobs in the same store and breaking up the pay by the hour.

I am in and out of the stores within 30 minutes EASY for every store whether I have 1 or 2 jobs in that store. And I assure you my jobs are done accurately and professionally.

It is NOT like they send you in the store to do one 15 minute job. It is a couple or more jobs and once you get the routine down, you fly through it fast.

I am completely happy with walking out of the stores with the pay I get. I am a seasoned merchandiser and this is GOOD money if you know the routine, who to get signatures from and what to do in case of problems.

The credit card part only takes 15 minutes tops, and this is in supercenters, they allow you 30 or more. The other projects take 15 minutes tops and so you are getting paid MORE than the average hourly rate when you walk out of there in 30 minutes and are paid for the full hour. (It sounds complicated but if you know what you are doing it is no problem at all to do the work fast and efficiently and make good money).

As for finding a manager to sign off, I NEVER have a problem finding someone in a red vest to sign my paperwork, that takes all of less than 1 minute, then to get the store stamp I go right up to the front of customer service regardless if there is a line and I get my store stamp with 1 minute.

This is NOT a case of the company wanting you to go in to a store and do one job for a few dollars.

Go to Top of Page

.Neecy
Inactive

Lyons, GA
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  4:13:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too have worked for this company a year and the company is great,pays on time and my scheduler is tops!
Go to Top of Page

GeorgiaAnne

Douglasville, GA
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  05:53:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Barb, for the information!

Georgia Deakin
Merchandising in Douglasville, Lithia Springs and Powder Springs GA
Go to Top of Page

RebekahTN
Valued Contributor

McMinnville, TN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  07:10:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
<msg edited by me to take out comments on less pay for doing same job that Premium Retail does not want discussed on the boards. It seems my comments were taken to mean that I was bashing the company although I PLAINLY stated in the messages that I liked working for them and the pay WAS fair if it could be completed in time alloted.>

Rebekah Blake

Shopping and Merchandising in McMinnville, Manchester, Smithville, Tullahoma, Woodbury, Sparta, Cookeville and Murfreesboro Since April 2003.
MSPA Silver Certified # xxfuj7
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums