Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 27

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  7:00:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jerry: They pay the same wage amount for all jobs, no drivetime or mileage pay.I have been with them for 7 years now. In my area the work has fallen off to almost nothing. They do mainly jobs in WM's in my area.Most of the work is cycle visits with a lot of one time items tossed in at the same store.They have good RMM's and bad RMM's. I have a nice manager,but some people have bad ones.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2009 :  05:11:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Sue, the work has dropped off in my area. I went from 20 hours every other week, to 2 hours.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Staas
Valued Contributor

Newnan, GA
USA
109 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  01:11:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JerryDS

Does anyone have an update on PRS? I have been offered work and would like to know how they are doing currently and how they are to work for.
It seems they have a lot of work coming up.

I would caution against coming to work here if you need any resemblance of a paycheck...unless you are currently unemployed! The hours are just that bad. We took a severe hit in Jan. and have not looked back since. I personally cover an area that is 3 counties and has about 5 "bigger cities" in it. Last year I averaged 40+per week. This year it started at 35/wk and has progressively declined every month, all year. I'm sitting between 8-15/wk. I know others that work for the company that have 3-4/wk. We have been promised A LOT of new work that has just never happened. Hope this helps!

Mark A Staas-For ALL of your jobs on the south side of Atlanta!
Go to Top of Page

LynnJ
Star Contributor

MA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  06:54:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can anyone explain why the taxable portion of my pay is different with each and every paycheck? Looking at just the doc office brochures jobs that pay a single hour @ $15.00, In different pay periods the taxable/mileage rates have been $12.81/$2.19, $$9.93/$5.07, $11.55/$3.45, $9.41/$5.59 ... It always adds up to $15.00, but why does it keep changing?

Gold Certified in Central Massachusetts
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  11:19:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can't answer your question, but my question is, why do you get $15 per hour and I only get $10.00 per hour for the same work?
Go to Top of Page

LynnJ
Star Contributor

MA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  11:26:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I said specifically those were for the doc office brochures only. Those pay more per hour. That is mostly what I do for PRS now.

Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  11:29:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was talking about the Doctors Office also, I get 10.00 for those, just wondered why there is a difference.
Go to Top of Page

.StevePRS
Inactive

Chesterfield, MO
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  11:34:16 AM  Visit .StevePRS's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maralyn

I was talking about the Doctors Office also, I get 10.00 for those, just wondered why there is a difference.

Healthy Advice jobs are flat rate jobs...Waiting Rooms pay $12, Exam Rooms pay $15...it is NOT an hourly rate...

Steven Ressler
Retail Market Manager - IL
Premium Retail Services
sressler@premiumretail.com
Phone: 866-869-9193
Go to Top of Page

LynnJ
Star Contributor

MA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  11:37:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I should be more specific. The FIRST HOUR pays $15, anything over than is $10/hour or $2.50 per additional rack. So for any locations that have 4 racks or less, it pays $15 for that hour. This is mostly what I have, so I just end up seeing an hour worked per location and it paid $15. Sorry about that, I forgot that was the case. It used to pay a straight $15/hour, but that changed, although my DM was never able to tell me why. It has actually changed several times since PRS got this client. It doesn't affect anything with 4 or fewer racks, but it took a big hit on the pediatrician offices where I have seen as many as 17 racks in one location.

Anyhoo ... I don't suppose anyone knows why the rate changes with each paycheck.

Go to Top of Page

.StevePRS
Inactive

Chesterfield, MO
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  11:45:11 AM  Visit .StevePRS's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lynn,

Make sure you are answering your data collection questions correctly. You should be paid an additional $2.50 for every brochure holder after the first 4.

The pay rate for Healthy Advice has actually only changed once since Premium has been doing it.

- Steve

Steven Ressler
Retail Market Manager - IL
Premium Retail Services
sressler@premiumretail.com
Phone: 866-869-9193
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  11:56:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Mr. Reasoner, I was going by my last pay check dated 6-20-09 which was $5.00 for a Medical Clinic that does not have the racks up, so all I could do was leave the box with the front desk.
Go to Top of Page

LynnJ
Star Contributor

MA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  12:05:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, that's what I said. $2.50 and/or $10/hr after the first hour.

Actually it HAS changed multiple times since PRS got the account. I have multiple pay rates for the same location for multiple visits. I am certainly answering my questions correctly, that is not the issue. I sent my DM an e-mail, copied to Kathy Peters, back in April, detailing the changes in pay that had occurred over the previous 12 months prior to that. Never got a response. The breakdown is much too lengthy to post here, but I'd be happy to send it to you, Steve, if you wanted to see it. I have a pediatrics office with 6 racks that I was paid $27 in 5/08, $22.50 in 10/08, and $20 in 4/09 (which is the current $15 for 1st hour and $2.50 for each additional rack).

What I really want to know though, is why every paycheck I get, the breakdown of mileage vs. taxable wage is different. Take that same $10, or $15, and every 2 weeks it's broken down differently.

Why is this, does anyone know?

Go to Top of Page

Birgit White
Contributor

Hamburg, PA
USA
53 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2009 :  10:52:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
PRS claims to pay $10 an hours broken down to minimum wage and the balance is mileage. Of course, I just checked my stub and I'm not even getting minimum wage this check, so go figure. My hourly rate has gone from $7.15 an hour to 8.15 and back down to 7.26........what is going on????
Go to Top of Page

LynnJ
Star Contributor

MA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2009 :  08:42:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
DING DING DING! I HAVE AN ANSWER!

It isn't so much the taxable "wage" portion that is changing each time, but the "mileage" portion. The mileage portion will be large based on the distance from your house to the location. If you bunch jobs together, then the mileage will be less because it is calculated as a group instead of a single visit.

This makes sense now!

Go to Top of Page

NannLee

Etowah, Tennessee
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2009 :  1:36:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How are your K-mart Sock Resets going?

Also it has been mentioned that it is slow right now, but I think that's across the board for merchandising, but Premium is a great company to work for. I think we all got hit by the Walgreens issue. It was supposed to lead up to a few hours per store per week or bi-weekly. And noone was supposed to have more than 4 stores. So many of the RMM's had to hire people to cover stores and now those people like us want hours too. But over all I think Premium tries to strike a balance with their employee's.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2009 :  5:44:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't work for Premium, but my companies are not slow, if anything things are picking up. Hope you all will get more work also.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2009 :  6:40:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was hired last April and assigned a couple of projects right away. Did a demo and was told I did great, DM said she hoped to give me more work. The other assignments were canceled, by the client. I was called about more work and that was canceled also. Haven't heard anything in 2 months.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2009 :  7:07:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Walgreen's, I have had 2 30 minute jobs at 2 different stores since the program started. I talked to another Prs rep. in my area and she said she has had the same 2 jobs and in our combined areas there are 17 walgreens, my dm didn't hire more peolpe to cover them. In my state all the merchandisers that I have talked to say the same thing,slow,slow,slow.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Birgit White
Contributor

Hamburg, PA
USA
53 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2009 :  7:19:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LynnJ

DING DING DING! I HAVE AN ANSWER!

It isn't so much the taxable "wage" portion that is changing each time, but the "mileage" portion. The mileage portion will be large based on the distance from your house to the location. If you bunch jobs together, then the mileage will be less because it is calculated as a group instead of a single visit.

This makes sense now!

Actually, altho I realize that this is how Premium puts it forth to the IRS, it not how it really works. Went to the same store two days in a row and got paid different mileage. Plus, for the week, I drove WAY more than what they said I drove. I gave up on trying to figure it out. Just wish that they would tax the whole thing so that I could claim the mileage AND it would be added to my social security wages.
Go to Top of Page

NannLee

Etowah, Tennessee
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2009 :  9:15:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Actually, altho I realize that this is how Premium puts it forth to the IRS, it not how it really works. Went to the same store two days in a row and got paid different mileage. Plus, for the week, I drove WAY more than what they said I drove. I gave up on trying to figure it out. Just wish that they would tax the whole thing so that I could claim the mileage AND it would be added to my social security wages.

You can still claim your mileage, it takes a small amount of math but overall there is still a mileage deduction. IRS allows 55 cents per mile. When broken down that small amount doesn't cover much mileage.

quote:
I don't work for Premium, but my companies are not slow, if anything things are picking up. Hope you all will get more work also

Merchandising in general picks up in the late third quarter.

quote:
Walgreen's, I have had 2 30 minute jobs at 2 different stores since the program started. I talked to another Prs rep. in my area and she said she has had the same 2 jobs and in our combined areas there are 17 walgreens, my dm didn't hire more peolpe to cover them. In my state all the merchandisers that I have talked to say the same thing,slow,slow,slow

There may be a lot of Walgreens but from my understanding the Walgreens contract was split between Premium and another company. Some of the stores in your area may be covered by the other company. In my prior post I was speaking of the area I live in.

Years ago I worked for a company that had a similar split contract with a HUGE grocery store chain, but in the end the company I worked for ended up with the entire contract. Something to think about when we are servicing Walgreens.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums