Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 27

NannLee

Etowah, Tennessee
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2009 :  9:18:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
YOOO HOO Have any of you completed a K-Mart Hosiery Layout, if so any tips?
Go to Top of Page

BrendaG

CA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2009 :  10:16:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you are talking about the sock reset thats suppose to only take 5 hours Plan for a very long day. I just finished one today started at 8am fished at 8:30pm there were 2 of us working on the reset and we worked straight thru the day.
Go to Top of Page

NannLee

Etowah, Tennessee
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  05:37:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
If you are talking about the sock reset thats suppose to only take 5 hours Plan for a very long day. I just finished one today started at 8am fished at 8:30pm there were 2 of us working on the reset and we worked straight thru the day.

Yep, thats the one! My team pulled a 12 hour on one Monday, got another one on Thursday and praying that it goes better that the last. Most of our problem was the store wanting done more than we were required to do! Rest today, you will need it!
Go to Top of Page

JudyP
Apprentice

Kansas City, MO
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2009 :  2:10:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This whole thing doesn't make sense... we're scheduled for 5 hours, yet during one of my calls, was told I was expected to move COUNTERS as well as do reset and it would be at least a whole day and a half labor???? Something isn't quite kosher here.
Go to Top of Page

NannLee

Etowah, Tennessee
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2009 :  05:16:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
This whole thing doesn't make sense... we're scheduled for 5 hours, yet during one of my calls, was told I was expected to move COUNTERS as well as do reset and it would be at least a whole day and a half labor???? Something isn't quite kosher here.

Judy I agree, my team was not expected to move counters, but the work conditions have been pretty bad. I have done 2 now, with a third one due next week.

Returns were being performed in the department and that slowed us down big time.
The store managers wanting items placed different from the POG

Oh and the store's running out of pegs.

It has been a mess.

From what I got from the DM at one of my K-Marts was that KMART miscommunicated with their management on exactly what Premium Teams was supposed to do and it caused disastorous problems.

The K-Mart DM asked me what K-Mart could do different next time I was honest yet firm that they could communicate better. With the ones that have been rescheduled they have capped the time to no more than 5 hours PERIOD, we are to spend the last hour doing clean up and the store will complete what we did not get to.

This being my teams third reset, I pray it all goes well!
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  7:56:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have applied for a position in my area and have had my first phone interview for a project that started last Saturday. Is anyone else doing batteries and ice cream? Is this a good company to work for. I understand I would be an employee? Thank you.

Karito
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  8:26:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been with them for 9 years now. Pay is on time, they give you a debit card issued by adp and your check is put on it, as they do not give paper checks anymore. They pay a set wage per hour,no mileage or traveltime.Altough on your pay they show they pay for it.If you go by it then some jobs you are not even making minuim wage.I did the ice cream last sat.there was nothing to put out as the store told me they stock frozen section at 3 AM.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Mark Staas
Valued Contributor

Newnan, GA
USA
109 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  9:22:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sue A

They pay a set wage per hour,no mileage or traveltime.Altough on your pay they show they pay for it.If you go by it then some jobs you are not even making minuim wage.

9 yrs...not quite sure how you came up with that you were making less than minimum wage!
If they choose to break a $10/hr rate up saying:
8.80/regular pay
1.20/mileage
Then you are getting taxed less than your actual gross pay, there by increasing your actual rate per hour. PLUS, you can write off your mileage and expenses (see paper and ink) at the end of the year.

For example:
If you are at a 15% tax rate x $10/hr and you work 40 hrs...your net would be $340.
If they show 30 hrs at $10/hr and they pay you the other $100 in mileage...then your net would be $355.
+EV in my mind!

Mark A Staas-For ALL of your jobs on the south side of Atlanta!
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  05:08:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mark......I understand what you are saying but if you look at your paystub it reads like this on mine.

Earnings: regular 7.25 for 1.25 at 9.06
copies 0.55 for 2.00 at 1.10
mileage 0.55 for 7.16 at 3.94

Gross Pay 14.10

That is why Sue says it is sometimes less than min. wage.

BethZ it is a good company, don't count on alot of work...it comes and goes. But you can count on the pay to be there on time.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Staas
Valued Contributor

Newnan, GA
USA
109 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  08:16:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maralyn

Mark......I understand what you are saying but if you look at your paystub it reads like this on mine.

Earnings: regular 7.25 for 1.25 at 9.06
copies 0.55 for 2.00 at 1.10
mileage 0.55 for 7.16 at 3.94

Gross Pay 14.10

That is why Sue says it is sometimes less than min. wage.

But...you aren't getting taxed for 14.10 you are getting taxed for 7.25.
BTW-How long have you been with PRS? Looks like I'm getting shafted at $10/hr after 1 & 1/2 yrs. If I was making that much it would make the whole 40hrs 1 week, 5 the next 3 wks thing a lot easier to swallow!!

Mark A Staas-For ALL of your jobs on the south side of Atlanta!
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  08:23:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mark,

That was 1 hour 30 mins., so I was taxed for 9.06. I am paid the same as you.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  8:07:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
KaritoWA,do you work every weekend doing the ice cream? I think maybe they are the ones that called today asking me to start work tomorrow,but they wanted me to work every saturday or sunday,it could not be done on a weekday which is what i REALLY wanted.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Amanda312
Contributor

Alpena, MI
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  4:06:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else been assigned 4 hours for 11/21? I thought the ice cream was only 1 hour when I took it, I can't do 4 because I have demos all weekend.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  7:33:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had 1 hour for ice cream at 2 stores,the 4 hours at 1 store in electronics for that new war game that came out on 11/11, where we were suppose to help customers that wanted to buy it today 11/14.Also have the same 4 hours next Saturday 11/21 but at another store for that job.The ice cream job hasn't posted yet on my dashboard for 11/21.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jeana
Valued Contributor

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2009 :  05:33:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm doing the ice cream in one store & my son is doing it for another store. We are both showing 4 hours for it next week. It's not all ice cream though. There will be other products - from warmer areas of the store to stock. That's what I've been told. My DM told me at the beginning that the hours would increase before we agreed to it. My plan is to go in as early as possible.
I think one of the items may be batteries. It's in the same store that I covered when we were doing the P&G work. The department manager has asked me several times, "Why don't you come back & do batteries?" I'm going to tell her this week that I will do them Saturday. I've been telling her to send emails requesting more work from Premium!

Jeana,
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2009 :  5:21:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly F.

KaritoWA,do you work every weekend doing the ice cream? I think maybe they are the ones that called today asking me to start work tomorrow,but they wanted me to work every saturday or sunday,it could not be done on a weekday which is what i REALLY wanted.

Yes it was for every Saturday theu the holidays. I too only wanted the weekdays...I never did get a second call anyway.

Karito
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  5:52:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Karito,i thought that it might be the same company. I passed on the every weekend job. Iworked at another job and only had 2 weekends off in a year,don't want that again.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  1:06:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
oo
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  2:49:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can someone please give me the fax number for out time sheets?? Are we supposed to fax all time sheets or just certain projects? TIA.
Go to Top of Page

.StevePRS
Inactive

Chesterfield, MO
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  2:57:38 PM  Visit .StevePRS's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Only physical timesheets (which are primarily used for Team jobs) need to be faxed in. Service orders need to be kept on file.

You will be paid via electronic timesheets...

Steven Ressler
Retail Market Manager - IL
Premium Retail Services
sressler@premiumretail.com
Phone: 866-869-9193
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums