Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 27

KathyPeters

Lore City, OH
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  08:56:57 AM  Visit KathyPeters's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jerry,
It really bothers me that you did not get paid properly for something. Please contact me to discuss, so I may work on this for you. FYI- if you got paid via paper check for the 7 days for which you worked, then nothing would have been loaded to your ADP card as the money was on the paper check.

The process is, your first check is a paper check- after that ADP, our payroll company- automatically send you a ADP card so that the NEXT weeks of work can be loaded- assuming that you will be doing more work for us. Then the work that you do following that will be loaded to the card.

So, what exactly where you looking to be paid on? The bonus? If so, please contact me at 866-306-4060 and we will fix whatever payroll issue you are having. THANK YOU

Kathy Peters
East Coast Regional Director
Premium Retail Services
866-306-4060
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  4:48:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone doing the Coty Audits found a easy way to work the backroom? I have spent more time on that than the rest of the whole audit.
Go to Top of Page

KathyPeters

Lore City, OH
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  5:07:14 PM  Visit KathyPeters's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here is my tips/tricks- I hope this helps you:

This is the email I sent out:

It has come to my attention that several stores are refusing us backroom access for a variety of reasons. I would suggest calling your location the day before you are scheduled and verifying that

1) you can count both the floor and the backroom

2) you will have access to the dept mgr for up to 1.5 hours to do on hand adjustments

3) you will have access to a telxon

If you are refused backroom access AND the backroom product is binned AND the dept mgr can work with you

1) Have the dept mgr use the telxon to found out the quantity of the backroom stock per sku

2) This will alleviate the need for you to do a physical count

3) Have dept mgr make on hand adjustments

If you are refused backroom access but the Dept Mgr cannot work with you or you cannot obtain a telxon

1) Report the job as Manager refused and the reasons—report who the Manager was that refused in your comments

2). I would ask to count the backroom when you first arrive. This way, if you have issues being allowed in there, you find out right away not after you spend 2 hours counting the floor. You can not submit half an audit, you must complete it to submit it. So PLEASE try to get into the backroom first.

Here is a tip from another rep- thanks Terri

Merchandisers can get permission from store management to get a Telxon and set it up to run a “trailer list”. This list automatically updates counts after each item is scanned. They can scan product (floor and backstock) and create the list. After scanning all product they can print the list, sorted by item #. This will allow them to go through inventory sheets, look up each item # on sheet, and record total qty. showing on trailer list. (The store will need to delete the trailer list after inventory is complete as the items are not actually on a trailer.)This would be quicker than searching through 20 pages for each item in backstock and having to add all #’s together afterward. Unfortunately, I found this out late yesterday afternoon after already counting a good bit of backstock, getting frustrated, and deciding their had to be a better way. The Dept. Manager did not know but suggested the UPC clerk may, and she is the one that gave me this option. If I had known this when I began, inventory would not have taken NEARLY as long as I basically wasted a lot of time counting and searching before I found this out.

Kathy Peters
Premium Retail Services
866-306-4060
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  7:30:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ms. Peters,

Thanks for your time.

I had a copy of the email about the trailer list......took it to my first store and was told that could not be done. The backroom is a locked locations, the Dept. Mgr. had to be with me, I wrote down everything on paper as she used the telxon and then after completing the counting on the floor sat down in the Subway and tried to match the backroom to my 20 pages of numbers. It took forever. I know that there has to be a better way. I still have 4 stores to do and was hoping to find a better way and less time used. But will try the trailer list with another claims clerk.
Go to Top of Page

KathyPeters

Lore City, OH
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  9:03:35 PM  Visit KathyPeters's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
FYI, We have completed the Trailer List at multiple locations without an issue. Suggestion- point out how much LESS time you will take from the DM's day if you do the Trailer List. They will see the value of it. GOOD LUCK

Kathy Peters
Premium Retail Services
866-306-4060
Go to Top of Page

DLampkin
Star Contributor

New York City, NY
USA
289 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  6:57:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to work for this company in NYC without a car? Does PRS hire newbies at merchandising? If so, I may want to apply. Let me know - Thanks!

~~DLampkin~~
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  9:41:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
PRS sends out a lot of POP material that you have to take to stores, most times it is small items that fit in an envelope,other times it is in a small box, and once in a while you may get a box for a store that is huge and weighs 25+ pounds. I don't know if they hire with no experience or not as when I was hired I already 10 years as a merchandiser. The easiest thing is just apply and see what happens. They pay double digit(low end), but never give pay raises,no mileage,no travel time, they pay some towards prining paperwork. Pay is once every 2 weeks,pay is put on a ADP debit card, they don't send paper checks anymore.I have been with them since 2003 and have never had a problem with them, in my area most work is at wm.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

DLampkin
Star Contributor

New York City, NY
USA
289 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  01:33:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. What does "wm" stand for?
quote:
Originally posted by Sue A

. . . in my area most work is at wm.

~~DLampkin~~
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  04:48:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
WalMart

Marla
Go to Top of Page

SharonQ
Star Contributor

East Coast!
USA
883 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  2:48:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello All!
I worked for Premium many years ago and really enjoyed it, but had to leave due to my day job. But I'm back now, and need some guidance with their system. I logged in fine, and got to the scheduling page, and assigned my jobs to dates.
But I cannot get to "stage 3" where I print the paperwork associated with the jobs.
Since I'm sure this is not a system error, but rather me not seeing the obvious, can someone please guide me to what I'm doing wrong or just not seeing?
Thanks!

Call me crazy, but I LOVE resets!
Yes, even cosmetic resets.
Go to Top of Page

JerryDS

Roanoke, VA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  3:05:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Hi Sharon,

After you schedule. Then go to your Dashboard to print out your reports or maybe PRS will send them with the kits.

Jerry

Jerry
Always looking for more work.
Go to Top of Page

SharonQ
Star Contributor

East Coast!
USA
883 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  3:12:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay, well the obvious jumped out and hit me in the head. Rather than just delete my original post, I thought I'd leave some feedback in case others have the same issue.
You have to assign ALL your jobs before you can proceed to the next stage. I had one job that I had not assigned, and as soon as I gave it a date, all my problems went away. Woohoo!

Call me crazy, but I LOVE resets!
Yes, even cosmetic resets.
Go to Top of Page

MargieG
Valued Contributor

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  1:39:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm a relatively new employee and when I was hired I told the recruiter that I would be out of town on 11/30 - 12/6. He said that would be OK. I informed my DMs that I would be away also. Before going out of town, work for the time I was going to be away appeared for scheduling. Before, during, and after my vavation I have e-mailed and called my DMs trying to get this work removed. I receive no reply but most of it is gone now except for two jobs that show past due. Since I will not schedule them (because I can't do them) I cannot see my dashboard to print out paperwork for work to be performed for the rest of December. Does anyone know how to get around this?

Margie
MSPA Gold Certifed since 2004
Go to Top of Page

JerryDS

Roanoke, VA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  2:04:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Margie,

Please do not worry about this. I have worked for your DM for over three years and in the past six months she has been doing to everyone that works for her what you have described in your post.

For the life of me I do not know what her problem is. I have not picked up any work from her after telling her RM that what she is doing has become a major problem with the merch people in our area.

I really enjoyed working for her and this company up until around six months ago and now I do not want to go through the issues you have described any longer. I do not need the work that bad.

Jerry
Always looking for more work.
Go to Top of Page

KathyPeters

Lore City, OH
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  2:54:46 PM  Visit KathyPeters's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Please tell me what jobs to remove- job# and SO# and I will remove them. I am sorry- we are very busy- I will talk to your RMM about responding back to everyone. Thank you.

Kathy Peters
Premium Retail Services
866-306-4060
Go to Top of Page

MargieG
Valued Contributor

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  3:13:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kathy - Thanks for solving my problem. I really appreciate you taking time to help me out.

Margie
MSPA Gold Certifed since 2004
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2010 :  2:39:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a simple question. What does a RTA rep do? There are openings in my area, but I don't know what is expected.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

BeverlyAnn
Star Contributor

USA
463 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2010 :  6:15:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm not 100% positive, but I think it means "Ready To Assemble", which
would mean building furniture. I know sometimes PRS uses reps to do
this in different stores.

If someone else knows differently, please set me straight, but I do
think that is what it is. HTH.

BeverlyAnn
Silver Certified x6xbkn
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2010 :  6:18:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's work that I DON'T want to do. Thanks BeverlyAnn.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2010 :  8:23:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
RTA also builds store displays, like the sony tv display that was set up a couple of years ago at sams clubs, which I did a couple of them. I think they also do store fixtures, as I had a job to assemble a store fixture then it disappeared, store told me a man had come in and assembled them.
I'm glad they have hired people for just RTA, as I have had to assemble some displays that took a lot longer then stated, and required more then one person(was doing it alone) and they were a pain.And I don't have to do them anymore.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums