Page: of 27

RebekahTN
Valued Contributor

McMinnville, TN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  12:50:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
THANKS !!!
It does have a payphone at the customer service desk. Maybe I need to suggest that PRS add this little tip in the paperwork somewhere. Even if it is only in the initial sign up paperwork.

Rebekah Blake

Shopping and Merchandising in McMinnville, Manchester, Smithville, Tullahoma, Woodbury, Sparta, Cookeville and Murfreesboro Since April 2003.
MSPA Silver Certified # xxfuj7
Go to Top of Page

Olivera

Natchez, MS
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  11:38:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Premium for a good year until recently - when my "real work" (translations) picked up so much that I just could not commit to their schedule any longer. I was afraid that I won't be able to do my assignments on time any longer, so rather than to flake, I arranged with my scheduler to have those stores reassigned to somebody else. I MISS THEM though, since they are a terrific company to work for in every respect. ANd they even have some kind of bonus system - I should know, since I did get one of those - you just have to submit your "Success Story" to them. My scheduler, Maxine, was beyond doubt the best scheduler I ever worked for. If they ever need me for an one-time project, I'll more than gladly work for them again.
Go to Top of Page

PheePhee
Valued Contributor

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2004 :  3:22:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did my first assignment with Premium Retail yesterday. The job took longer than what I thought it would , and I had to contact my scheduler. She was very undertanding. I am looking forward to working with this company more often in the future.

Phee
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Regina F
Contributor

South Bend, IN
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2004 :  2:22:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a job for Premium today, found it on this board in fact! They were great before I got to the store, but once there I discovered I was missing a box and the account manager was out of the office and my district manager was out and there was no one else that could help me! So I did the best I could (all the product was there, just one set of display racks missing) And get home to call the numbers in and the job number is rejected...so I call the job entry question line and THEY ARE OUT OF THE OFFICE. Now I saw the listing and know I'm not the only one starting this project today, why would they leave me high and dry with no one to talk to???? I've got 3 1/2 hrs into them today and now I'm not even sure I'm going to get paid AND I'm supposed to go back every day to check on the display!

Argh!

Regina

Regina
MSPA Silver Certification 8me3rm
Go to Top of Page

Regina F
Contributor

South Bend, IN
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2004 :  5:08:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok, someone finally got back to me

He said they've had a bad day all around, but they offered to pay for setup again tomorrow if we need it.

Whew

Reg

Regina
MSPA Silver Certification 8me3rm
Go to Top of Page

Elaine87
Valued Contributor

WI
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  1:35:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can someone tell me what their pay schedule is? I have been doing work for them for 1 month now and haven't received a check yet. Thanks and happy new year!!!
Go to Top of Page

VickieB
Contributor

Mocksville, NC
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  4:19:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They pay every 2 weeks. The next pay date will be Jan 7th.
Go to Top of Page

Lady Galvez

Virginia Beach, VA
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  7:44:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You may not have received a check because they did not have your paperwork to process. Unlike some other companies, PRS must receive your paperwork in order to process your check. The cut-off date is the Wednesday of the preceeding week (e.g. The cutoff date for the January 7 payday is December 29).

Hope that helps.

Lady Galvez
Shopping VA and loving it!!!
Go to Top of Page

Sheri_MI
Contributor

Bay City, MI
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  7:58:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Premium almost 2 years now. I absolutly love them. They are the first Merchandising company that I worked for. I only do 2 stores through them and the stores are great too. They love it when I come in because they know what I am there for. They really expect to see me every 2 weeks, just like my jobs are.

I also work full-time in retail and I do this on my day off from there. It fits easily into my schedule because I have 2 days off during the week. I do have to say that the money they pay is fine with me. It generally works out to be $10 an hour and the work is easy to accomplish.

The managers are more than willing to work with you regarding issues that come up.

I would recommend them to anyone who is starting out.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

CarmenBolin
Valued Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
199 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  8:57:56 PM  Send CarmenBolin an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for Premium Retail. I love working for them. I was given a job that is bi-weekly, that is supposed to take 5 hours, the pay is based on the 5 hours. One of the jobs is $2.50, but piggybacked with the others, it is no big deal. FYI, it has yet to take me 5 hours. The first time, it did take 45 minutes to get the manager's signature, but I was well under the 5 hour mark, so I was fine with waiting. I just cozied up in one of their massage chair displays and waited...

As far as the pay, I am paid usually within two weeks of submitting my paperwork. Once, I did forget to send it in right away, and didn't send it until the sixth day. Then, I think I must have missed payroll, because I didn't get paid for three weeks, but I chalk that up to my own fault.

My scheduler, also, is awesome. She has more work for me than I think I could ever do, so if there is anyone around me looking to work for them... let me know, I will give her your name. lol...

MSPA Gold Certified July 2005
Shopping & Merchandising Ventura, Santa Barbara, and Los Angeles Counties
Go to Top of Page

Bolan747
Valued Contributor

New Albany, IN
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  10:33:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for Premium and have to say that they are one of my favorite companies to work with. The work is consistent, yet varied, and the pay is always fair. One of the things that Premium does exceptionally well is to train us and have clear directions with pictures illustrating what we are to do. I never go into an assignment with the feeling that I do not know what I am doing. You will not be disappointed working with them at all.
Go to Top of Page

Elaine87
Valued Contributor

WI
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  8:23:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I call in my hours and send in the paperwork and I still haven't seen a check yet. I guess I will have to call and ask my DM and see if she can find anything out for me. At least I should have a "big" check coming since I haven't been paid yet.
Go to Top of Page

RickB

Chico, CA
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2005 :  01:47:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have only been working for them for about a month but absolutely love them to death. Always there to help you, and very detailed instructions. Have not been paid yet but has only been a few weeks.

Rick
Northern California
Merchandiser
Go to Top of Page

CJWuensche

Wichita, Kansas
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  12:24:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anything new on this company? Or everything still gravy?

Crystal
Go to Top of Page

CarmenBolin
Valued Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
199 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  9:55:17 PM  Send CarmenBolin an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
CJ,

I just recently stopped working for them (2 weeks), only because I got a "real" job. They have some really simple jobs, some more time consuming but easy jobs, and even some challenging ones. From reading the posts, it seems the DM makes a difference, but I had an awesome one (Thanks Val!) and a great Regional as well (Thanks Pam!) I was sad to say goodbye. They pay like clock work, providing you send in your paperwork. Two weeks...

MSPA Gold Certified July 2005
Shopping & Merchandising Ventura, Santa Barbara, and Los Angeles Counties
Go to Top of Page

CJWuensche

Wichita, Kansas
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2005 :  10:24:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Carmen, this will be my first with them and its a reset for chips. Seems like an easy job and pays good so if Im lucky it might lead to more. I too was just hired at a real job and about to stop another merch job I had been doing because the DM is to pushy and doesnt respond to emails very quickly. The person Im in contact with Premium is very nice so all should be good.
Go to Top of Page

KathrynGustafson

Rockton, IL
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2005 :  12:02:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
PRS is a great company to work for. I had the best Manager (shout out at Steve!). It was amazing how many representatives they have to manage, and yet Steve and the gal that was before him usually seemed available (when in reality, with that many reps I don't see how they do it!!!).

There were some cases where I had problems with communication on a project, or projects taking more time than the pay allowed, but it all came out in the wash in the end. I LOVED the Music (for confidentiality reasons, I can't say the client) jobs! On a trip out to New Jersey recently, I sat on the plane next to one of the VP's of the client for this music company! Needless to say, when I asked him where he worked and what he did and he shared it with me, I about fell out of my seat! I told him I used to work for him with PRS and like me, he was shocked! Small world! He was cracking up as I was giving him updates on the Units that I took care of and what was needing help or follow up on when I left..LOL Yep, you know. even though you leave, you still hold some sense of ownership- I think it is some kind of sickness..LOL

One thing I missed about the company was the PAD they used to pay (mileage). When they stopped that, I was a little bummed! I worked for them for a few years before I went in to management full time.

Great group of people to work for and they always showed respect to their employees!

Kathryn
Go to Top of Page

Krys_M
Contributor

Cookeville, TN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2005 :  9:41:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Premium was the very first company that i ever worked for in this field. I absolutely love them and will work for them any time and encourage other reps to work for them. They always pay and they are so friendly. My scheduler is so nice.

Krys

Krys Midgett
MSPA Silver Certified
Paragon Merchandising and Mystery Shopping
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Jo
Trainee

St. Louis, Missouri
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2005 :  6:04:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company was the first merchandising job I received. Easy and the pay was decent. Loved Steve. He was great and very easy to contact with questions. Would work for them again and again.!!

Bonnie Jo
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  05:52:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love Premium. The pay and time allowed is very fair. They provid easy to follow instructions. I also love my scheduler, she is so nice and helpful. The only problem is they require you to snail mail in all reports. But, on the other hand they, unlike most, pay for the postage.

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums