Page: of 27

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  04:50:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arla

They haven't used the smart phone enought to justify us getting one! They really owe us money!

Regardless if you use it "enough" or not, there is never justification to buy equipment for a company on your own dime and not get FULLY compensated for it's purchase, use and wear. I hope that within the next decade (at least) this will be brought to the courts. Companies are reducing their expenses by forcing employees to bear those expenses and that is simply criminal.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
514 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  1:06:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Our phones are primarily for work reasons (we don't use a land line), we have a FAX line and the internet, all used for finding/reporting work, so we write the expenses off, we are back to working on the road again so even more to write off.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2013 :  10:07:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I need to clear a few things up. I love my job! I love the people I deal with every day and the things I do! Of course there are always those 1 or 2 disgruntle but ya smile and go on that's life. Maybe they are having a bad day. Keep on smiling and do what you do best. My problem which is now NOT a problem because it has been cleared up by my boss's boss which has assured me will be taken care this next pay period. I truly apologize for any confusion. Premium really is a great company to work for. I have the best RMM in the world! She is always there and always willing to help take care of whatever problems may arise. She will go above and beyond and let you do the same to get the job down. There is nothing I wouldn't do for Kathleen! I apologize again for the forming ranting. To those that want to do mystery shopping, please apply we have those jobs! Anyone that has technical experience and likes that work, please apply!! Remember the one thing I have always told you... I will always be HONEST!

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

KarlaRunyan

Hot Springs, AR
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  4:56:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Premium is doing these stupid Discover jobs again. It is ridiculous to ask people to devote this much drive time and effort for a lousy $5. Even if they pay mileage, they aren't worth it.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
784 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  10:21:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KarlaRunyan

Premium is doing these stupid Discover jobs again. It is ridiculous to ask people to devote this much drive time and effort for a lousy $5. Even if they pay mileage, they aren't worth it.

For $5.00, I wouldn't even get out of bed. lmao You can work at McDonalds out here and make more and get a Happy Meal at least.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2013 :  7:34:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are fine if you can get a bunch of them that are all close together. I had 8-12 that were almost next to each other that I would just park at the first one and then just walk to all the others. I had around 100 that were that way a couple of years ago.
This time I have only 3 and they are over 30 miles one way. When I emailed the RMM and told her they were too far to travel to, instead of removing them, her reply was "you get paid mileage". So what! I'm not driving 60+ miles round trip for the few $ that it pays and the $ for mileage won't even cover the cost of the gas. Besides if they are not workable you get what? $2.50 for it. I don't think so.
This is the first work they have given me since Aug 2012.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2013 :  11:10:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So sad. A few years ago these jobs were covered by another merchandising company. Paid more and if you mapped them out, it was bread and butter. I counted on these quarterly jobs for about three years. Merchandising has become a joke over the past two years.

Bekki
Gold-certified
Undercover Essentials video-certified
Go to Top of Page

FlaMargie
Trainee

Florida
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2014 :  5:32:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any new news on this company? I have been in contact w/them this week, and they are plowing through the hiring process. I'm wondering what to expect, I was told no mileage (small area right where I live),but as many hours a week I wish, 12 months out of the year.
Go to Top of Page

Bolan747
Valued Contributor

New Albany, IN
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2014 :  3:41:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Premium for a long time. They have a lot more work than the Discover jobs, and while they may not pay mileage, they also keep the work local for you, and you can usually schedule it so that you can do all of the jobs in an area on one day, etc. Also, they have different divisions - merchandising and assisted sales, etc. I enjoy my work with them for the most part, and will also say that when I moved due to my husband's job, they gave me work in the area I moved to, so I did not experience having to look for a new job once we got there. I hope you get hired soon.
Go to Top of Page

ShopperPaula
Apprentice

Paris, KY
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2014 :  06:17:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Premium for over 10 years in another state. My RMM is AWESOME. My mom and aunt work for Premium in Florida on the west coast and the RMM there is a real FEMALE DOG!! She has a lot of family who work for her. She gives them the good jobs and everyone else the crap. I have more work then I can handle and my RMM always gives me extra mileage if I go out of my way or take a job someone else can't do. She makes it worth my while. On the other hand - I have a "crew" that she can count on - my 2 adult children, 2 nephews and 2 nieces! The are a reset crew - I am too old for resets now! IF you are in the Tampa west coast and the RMM's name starts with a S - RUN!!! I get paid $10 per hour - they now break it down as $7 something per hour and the rest as gas. You get a w-2 at the end of the year and for tax purposed that is NOT good - or at least for me it is NOT! For resets and special jobs the pay is higher with mileage - or at least for me that was the case! Just MHO.
Go to Top of Page

AmyLH

TX
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2014 :  6:14:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anything new? What is this "Pet Ambassador" position all about? It pops up in NARMS a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
784 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2014 :  9:31:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AmyLH

Anything new? What is this "Pet Ambassador" position all about? It pops up in NARMS a lot.

They do demos in Petco and Petsmart for Iams, Eukanuba and Innova. 4 hour shifts usually Thursday through Sunday.
Go to Top of Page

Darla61

Phoenix, Az
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2014 :  2:50:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for PRS for over six years, and never had any problems. I loved working for PRS. Then I got a new RMM, and the problems started. First she started taking stores away from me for no reason, then said she didn't do it. I would always email or voice mail, if I wasn't going to be able to get everything done on time, which wasn't very often. Would never hear back, until job was due. Don't bother contacting their bosses, because they won't get back to you either, just contact her and ask what did I want?

Darla H.
Go to Top of Page

Brenda C

Aberdeen, NJ
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2014 :  06:20:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No communication here. They told me they just assign jobs and I have to look at the website every day, they can't email me to let me know there is something there. I work for multiple companies. I expected the post office work to be a 'steady' since I had 5 different locations and tried to 'establish a relationship' with each one. Now the jobs are gone with no explanation. My local post office is asking me where I am! It must have been a good idea gone bad. I can't justify working for them on a regular basis if this is what is going to happen.

Shopping Jersey!
Go to Top of Page

Bolan747
Valued Contributor

New Albany, IN
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2014 :  07:50:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for them since 2003, and have had different RMMs over the years as I moved to another town during that time, and some of them were due to the company promotions or realignments of territories. i actually work for two different ones since I live on the border of two territories. I have never had an issue with communication so I guess I have lucked out. Yes, there is a daily timesheet to put in and they ask you to check in daily and schedule work if needed. I do this for all the companies I work for as in some companies, if you do not apply for the jobs, someone else takes them. At least with Premium, once it is assigned, it is mine to do. So for me, that is not a big issue. Hate to hear that you had some bad experiences with them.
Go to Top of Page

RepSusan
Valued Contributor

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2014 :  4:50:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is a posting for Premium in my area. What products/services are being assigned at this time? TIA

Susan
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2014 :  3:00:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bolan747,

Not to come off track here. I can understand living on the edge of two territories. However it seems like this company is making the employees fight for jobs. On top of that two managers? Seems to be a bit mismanaged.

Not saying it is not a good company. Just seems a bit mismanaged with nobody assigned a territory and different managers. Most of the reps I see out in the field have minimal projects and are not in the store for longer then an hour.

I just don't like having to fight for a project.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Darla61

Phoenix, Az
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2014 :  1:58:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Edmikes, PRS didn't used to be like that. I started with them in Ca, and always had lots of work, and always same stores. I transferred with them to Az, in 2008. Still lots of work, same stores. The last year I was with them, is when all they seemed to care about was money. It really changed a lot. It used to be a good company to work for. Not so much now.

Darla H.
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  10:50:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Darla,

That seems to be happening with alot of companies these days. Pretty much the attitude is if you don't like it we can replace you.

Sad...

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  3:33:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for them from 2003-2013. Up until late 2012 I was the only merchandiser in a 100 mile area.Idaho isn't that big. So I had plenty of work.
Then in Oct. 2012 they started hiring more people in my area, by Mar. 2013 there was 10 merchandisers. My work went down to 1 store,Then it was just the credit card job for you know who. By Sept.2013 I didn't have any work. I am still in their system but I have not work done any work for them in a year. I don't even bother checking in with them.I guess they figured I was makung too much money. With all the people they hired each person is lucky to maybe have gotten 1 store to do.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums