Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 27

Sharon Allen

Sheffield, AL
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  9:03:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wasn't Premium Retail just bought by Prism? If I am correct in my memory, Prism bought them out. You may see some changes in all of the above replies to this post.

Sharon S. Allen
Go to Top of Page

.StevePRS
Inactive

Chesterfield, MO
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2005 :  06:43:30 AM  Visit .StevePRS's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is how rumors get started...I can assure you that Premium has not been bought by Prism. I worked for Prism for 7 1/2 years and I've been with Premium for the past 3 1/2 years. There has been no communication between the two companies.

Check Premium out on the web at www.premiumretail.com

Steven Ressler
Retail Market Manager - IL
Premium Retail Services
sressler@premiumretail.com
Phone: 866-869-9193
Go to Top of Page

Patty829
Apprentice

Mcallen, Texas
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2005 :  06:36:04 AM  Send Patty829 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also love Premium. Pay is always on time, my scheduler is great to work with. But I dont know anything about them paying the postage for having to send in the paperwork???
Go to Top of Page

KaySFbay
Star Contributor

Redwood City, California
USA
316 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  07:19:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think merchies might be getting concerned about management because of the recent rather radical payroll change made by Premium.

Premium is no longer sending out checks. They send you a debit card and deposit directly to the debit card account.

I wonder how many of you who work for Premium understand that unless you withdraw your entire balance, it's *Premium* who gets the benefit of your card balance, not you?

Kay
Go to Top of Page

.StevePRS
Inactive

Chesterfield, MO
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  07:41:40 AM  Visit .StevePRS's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I understand your concerns and I would be upset too – if it was an ATM card we were giving our employees. Actually how the TotalPay Card works is you will receive your funds on the same day of payday versus having to wait for the check in the mail. The other great thing is you can take your card to the bank and have ALL your funds deposited on to your bank account or if you wish you can do this on-line, so no longer will you even have to make a trip to the bank!

Regardless of what amount is on your card you can have the whole amount deposited to your account – just like you do your paper paycheck. I know change is sometimes difficult to embrace, but I can assure you this is a great thing! There are no monthly maintenance fees and if there is a snowstorm, tornado, hurricane, etc. your pay will not be delayed….you will still be paid on the same day as payday! I hope this helps with your concerns.

Steven Ressler
Premium Retail Services
Go to Top of Page

Michele D
Trainee

Chesterfield, MO
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  2:14:44 PM  Visit Michele D's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would like to correct the comment made about Premium benefitting from the balance on the TotalPay cards. Once Premium transfers the money onto the rep's TotalPay card, it is out of our account. The funds go into VISA's account, the issuer of the TotalPay funded cards. The reps then remove the funds, at their discretion, from their own cards. Premium,in no way, collects any type of interest on these cards. The funds are wired and gone from Premium's account every payday.
The reps have a choice of using the TotalPay funded card as a debit card, at an ATM, or have the funds removed and deposited into their own bank account. They can do online banking or bank in person.They can choose to use ATMs. The choice on how to use it is totally up to the rep. Premium does not have access to the rep's card info--we do not know how the rep spends her/his money, we do not see their transactions, we do not know their balance. We do not have their bank account information. We just deposit the pay earned by the rep, onto the card. Everything else is left up to the rep's discretion on how/when/where to spend their pay.

Michele D
Premium Retail Services
Corporate Office
Chesterfield, MO
Go to Top of Page

KimG
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
626 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  1:29:18 PM  Send KimG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Why don't they just use direct deposit? Wouldn't that be easier?

Kim
silver certified njtwnf
Go to Top of Page

.StevePRS
Inactive

Chesterfield, MO
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  1:36:03 PM  Visit .StevePRS's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Direct Deposit only works if you have a bank account...many merchandisers do not have bank accounts...they use currency exchanges...

Steven Ressler
Premium Retail Services
Go to Top of Page

Carlos Rodriguez
Apprentice

Jacksonville, Florida
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  4:36:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In a response to the original message, as I feel this topic needs to be updated a bit:

Premium used to be a great company to work for... all-in-all it depends on your manager. We had two great managers who were excellent at communication and if you needed them they were there. Now the manager we have is almost non-existant and you are lucky if she answers your emails.

As far as pay with them... make sure whatever you do you keep receipts of everything and copies of everything you submit (they tend to lose paperwork often). Be sure if they promise you milage for an out of town job, you get the agreement in writing or they will deny your claim when it comes time for payday or delay your pay for months.

Anyway, just some of the things I have noticed in the past year of employment with them. They were great and may be again one day, who knows....
Go to Top of Page

Sheri_MI
Contributor

Bay City, MI
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  2:49:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been with Premium for almost 2 years now. I am on my second manager. Both of the ones I have had are GREAT!!!

I have NEVER had any problems with them, pay or assignments. When I was told that I would be mileage for something. It was given.

They are a GREAT company to work for. I will continue to give them high marks.

The only way your pay is delayed is if you do not send it in on time. That is why they tell you to send it in weekly.

As for the new Pay card, I think it is a great idea.
Go to Top of Page

SusieQ

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  3:56:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My

I worked for Premium for several years. They were a great company to work for when I worked for them.

Unfortunately, before I left, I also had the same problems with promised mileage, promised reimbursements and missing pay. Always keep emails with promised pay or reimbursements.

I also did not like that their pay rates flucuated on some jobs, depending on if you had other work in the store. They seemed to think that if you already in the store, you could be paid less for the same work.

This might have changed in recent months, I stopped merchandising to have a baby
Go to Top of Page

CJWuensche

Wichita, Kansas
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  1:12:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a reset job with them around labor day and had no problem ever trying to reach my supervisor, paperwork and training went great. Once I remembered where I had put my paperwork(one of those Ill put it here this is a spot Ill remember it, um yeah didnt remember it) and sent it in I was paid promptly and the mileage I was promised was calculated on there website. I would gladly work with this company again anytime they have something in my area. Just my

Crystal
Go to Top of Page

Pamela S
Contributor

Martinez, California
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2006 :  04:57:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for premium the first 3 months of 2005 and have not received my w2's so I can do my taxes. I have contacted them and have yet to get a response. Does anybody have any suggestions?
thanks

Pamela
Go to Top of Page

.StevePRS
Inactive

Chesterfield, MO
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2006 :  08:07:14 AM  Visit .StevePRS's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pamela,

Contact your Premium Retail Market Manager (Patty or Valerie)...she can assist you in getting your W-2 form.

Steve

Steven Ressler
Premium Retail Services
Go to Top of Page

MarilynG.CA

Salinas, CA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  09:03:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've worked for Premium Retail since 2002 in Central California and love this company! The schedulers and project managers are great to work with and pay is always on time via an ADP system (credit/debit card). I've won two $500 Success Story entries, a nice little bonus for outstanding merchandising work in the field. Jobs are entered via their website and sometimes paperwork must be printed by the rep.

Go for it and hope you have a wonderful experience.

MarilynG.CA
Go to Top of Page

RebekahTN
Valued Contributor

McMinnville, TN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  5:18:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been working for Premium since August of 2003 they are one of my favorite companies. I have had a couple managers since I started, they were both great. My current manager is Amie she is friendly and great to work with. She is quick to answer questions by phone and email.
I enjoy having my payroll card I use it for gas so that I don't have to leave the pump and wait in line. I usually drive right at 100 miles a day so fill up way to often. I started out with just one store every other week and now have 3 with other jobs added while at that store. I also have 2 other stores that I recently took on for them that are 2-3 times a month. The reports are very easy to answer. They do pay postage if you add it on at the bottom but what I would love to see is postage paid envelopes (at least for the Somerset chips - I have to make a trip to the post office to return these) it would make it easier and quicker to send back.
The website is great. This was one of the first companies that I worked for and they made it a great experience.

Shopping and Merchandising in McMinnville, Manchester, Smithville, Tullahoma, Woodbury, Sparta, Cookeville and Murfreesboro Since April 2003.
MSPA Silver Certified # xxfuj7
Go to Top of Page

.SandyN
Inactive

Franklin, WI
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  9:49:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do any of you ever feel lost like I do on some of the jobs? I never did anything like this before and some of the stuff they send me is....well, confusing to me.

I managed to figure out the music and CC apps easily enough, but I just started at an electronics store and it is very frustrating. They tell you to log into the stores system and print out the planograms, but when I log in, there are about 20 different planos(for each area) to look at and I have no idea which one to use. Of course, most of the employees are busy and don't really have time to hold my hand and help me out.

They sent me a kitchen accessories reset to do there for this week. I have never done a reset and I am not looking forward to this at all.

I suppose it will get easier. I have only been to that store for one visit, so maybe I just need time. I have about 7-8 different jobs in this store, so it can be a long day when you are not sure what you are doing.

I also don't like the amt of home printing I have to do. For the electronics store, there are 12 different attachments with multiple pages. I am sure I don't need all of them, but I hate to be unprepared when I go there.

Just rambling, I guess. I have never had a job with no training and no coworkers so it is nice to find some people to chat with!

Sandy
Go to Top of Page

Phinds01
Apprentice

Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2006 :  4:23:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandy,

I felt like you did the first time I had to find a planogram.
As time goes on, it will get easier. You will learn to navigate through the different planograms with ease. If you can go into the store early and meet up with either the Product Process Manager or the Merch Manager, let them know you need assistance finding a certain planogram. I have found that the employees are more than willing to help you out, especially when you are new to their system.

Give yourself some time learning this new job and before long it will seem very easy completing all the different tasks you have been assigned.

Hang in there, you will be glad you did.
Go to Top of Page

JennyT.OH
Valued Contributor

OH
USA
119 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  3:43:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandy,

You need to contact your Premium Retail Market Manager about egtting trained. There is training available for the electronic store audits. It is very helpful. If your RMM can't arrange an area wide training session as mine did, then ask to be personally trained. That's part of what the RMM"s are there for.

Good luck, and rest assured that they do get easier. They also do not have to be done in one day. You can stretch them out over a couple of days to prevent burnout.

Always looking for great companies to work for in the SW OH, SE IN and Northern KY areas!
Go to Top of Page

.SandyN
Inactive

Franklin, WI
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  9:40:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
thanks for the kind words guys. I lucked out with the kitchenaid because when I went to the store the reset was done(I only had to move around a few items)

I guess I just feel like a fish out of water in an electronics store. I am not a wiz(one of those people that never figured out how to program a VCR- LOL) Most of the time it seems like the BB employees don't want me to do anything- KWIM? I tell them I can put out batteries or software or whatever, and they always say they did it already. I don't feel needed.

I was not aware that there was training available. I have no clue what to do with the printer ink/paper area and I get a little lost in the computer speakers.

This week is Phillips- that was easy! yay

Sandy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums