Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 27

Helene
Contributor

PA
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  06:56:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mark, are you a fairly new rep to Premium? Premium has done the BB CMA audits for years, until BB suspended them a few months ago.

Sue, It sounds like this other company has the contract, they sent the dates it needs to be done, the pay and other details.

One thing I think is interesting is that a rep can't audit the same store 2 months in a row. I am guessing BB thought that the Premium reps were getting too comfortable with the stores and if the stores scores vary greatly from month to month that there is a problem.
Go to Top of Page

Jeana
Valued Contributor

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  08:09:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Helene,

I saw the ad on NARMS & Volition and thought the same thing you are thinking. I have worked for Premium for over 2 years and did the audits. This sounded like the same thing for me. I applied to do them for the new company.

Jeana,
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Mark Staas
Valued Contributor

Newnan, GA
USA
109 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  12:55:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Helene

Mark, are you a fairly new rep to Premium? Premium has done the BB CMA audits for years, until BB suspended them a few months ago.

Sue, It sounds like this other company has the contract, they sent the dates it needs to be done, the pay and other details.

One thing I think is interesting is that a rep can't audit the same store 2 months in a row. I am guessing BB thought that the Premium reps were getting too comfortable with the stores and if the stores scores vary greatly from month to month that there is a problem.

Yes I'm new. I know that PRS had the BB audits for years. I also know that BB suspended them and had another company doing the audits.
I was speaking based on what my schedule looks like and on what my super has said...which is that PRS had the audits for Nov & Dec and they may start doing the audits again regularly. Also, FWIW I am auditing the same stores 2 months in a row.
I also was told that PRS has not lost the regular weekly work in BB and that if it came to picking they would stay with the regular work instead of the audits.
If my 3 areas are any indication I'd say Advantage would be out the door faster than PRS or Mosaic. I NEVER see an Advantage Rep in my areas and I know there are 2.

Mark A Staas-For ALL of your jobs on the south side of Atlanta!
Go to Top of Page

Helene
Contributor

PA
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  1:40:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The problem is it is the reps who are the last to know. Last year I was notifed during the week between Christmas and New Years that one of the companies I worked for had lost a big account. The work was on my schedule for January and when I asked my Dm about it she said they knew for months, but they weren't allowed to tell the reps because they were afraid that they would find other work and not complete the work for them, and then the company would be penalized. I wonder if this is the same situation.
I know that Premium allows the same rep to audit their own BB month after month, which can create a conflict. I know that I was once told by a merchandiser that she works for both Premium and Mosiac and she always gave the store perfect scores on the Media sections, because she was responsible for merchandising that department, so she would not count anything against herself. I can see why BB would want different people to audit a store to try to keep it fair
Go to Top of Page

Mark Staas
Valued Contributor

Newnan, GA
USA
109 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  09:06:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm going to say that I hope you are wrong Helene! Maybe I'll hang on to my other company for a bit longer! :)

Go to Top of Page

Helene
Contributor

PA
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  09:20:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mark
I have spoken to the scheduler and this company does have the BB audits for the next few months at least. They were told by Best Buy they could not schedule the same person 2 months in a row in the same store because they wanted a different perspective each month. This company has never worked in BB and they will not hire anyone who currently works in BB for any other company. It sounds like BB is trying to audit the work that their own employees do, along with the various merchandising companies in the store.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Staas
Valued Contributor

Newnan, GA
USA
109 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  4:11:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:

Mark
I have spoken to the scheduler and this company does have the BB audits for the next few months at least. They were told by Best Buy they could not schedule the same person 2 months in a row in the same store because they wanted a different perspective each month. This company has never worked in BB and they will not hire anyone who currently works in BB for any other company. It sounds like BB is trying to audit the work that their own employees do, along with the various merchandising companies in the store.

I definitely wouldn't be suprised. We have had trick questions galore since October. Trick question-where the product isn't even out yet and they ask how many you have stocked. I personally am glad I don't have to do it. TO ME it is a serious conflict of interest when I am auditing a store that I have to be at weekly all year.

When we were talking about the other company I thought you were referring to the regular work we do at BB not the audits.

Go to Top of Page

SueMontagne
Star Contributor

USA
786 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  06:12:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mark, I don't think of those as "trick questions." I think of them as ways to find out if a rep is taking careful notes, did anything at all, and knows what he/she is doing. If a rep swears they did something they didn't, maybe they swore they were *in* the store when they weren't. And so on.

Take care -
Sue Montagne
Hair & MSPA Cert: Silver (70 - the new 30!)
"Retired" and LOVING it (mostly)!!!
Go to Top of Page

Mark Staas
Valued Contributor

Newnan, GA
USA
109 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  07:09:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes you are right again Sue. In the meantime I'll keep hunting for 20 minutes for products that are yet to exist.

Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2008 :  1:03:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am just starting back with them from two years of traveling. I am happy to see that my old scheduler was still there and remembered me. Luckily the person that was doing my area just left the same day. What luck. I should be picking up some jobs next week. Great Company. Only thing that I am disappointed to see is that they still use ADP. I dislike it because it is just one more step that I have to take. Why not paypal?

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  09:28:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Staas

quote:

Mark

I definitely wouldn't be suprised. We have had trick questions galore since October. Trick question-where the product isn't even out yet and they ask how many you have stocked. I personally am glad I don't have to do it. TO ME it is a serious conflict of interest when I am auditing a store that I have to be at weekly all year.

When we were talking about the other company I thought you were referring to the regular work we do at BB not the audits.

Concerning Premium doing the auditing, they no long audit their own work. I was contacted by the company that does starting Jan. by chance. I think that it is a good thing so that the merchandisers are not auditing themselves.

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

BeverlyAnn
Star Contributor

USA
463 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  8:52:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Have any of you who work for Premium NOTICED that the CYCLE 3 WALMART JOBS ARE GONE???? They were up on my dashboard until the end of last week.........Now, I KNOW that SOMETIMES the company has taken the jobs off for a brief period to update the work, BUT when they've done that, they have ALWAYS IN THE PAST LEFT the jobs ON MY SCHEDULE. But NOT THIS TIME!!!

I DO SEE that the CYCLE 4 WALMART jobs are at least on the dashboard, but of course, since it is so early till the due dates, there is no information about the jobs.

Well, with the economy and all, I was just curious if anyone has
heard if we've got any work at all for Cycle 3 in Walmart???

BeverlyAnn
Silver Certified x6xbkn
Go to Top of Page

Bolan747
Valued Contributor

New Albany, IN
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  11:08:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I still have WaLMartCycle 3 jobs on my dashbaord. But the hours are less than usual, so it may be that only certain jobs are being done. There is no paperwork available, so I cannot verify what I am assigned to do yet. I would ask your RMM because since the new system has been implemented, I have had some jobs put on my dashboard in error. Those jobs were someone else's and my RMM had to reassign them to the right rep as they were not local for me. It could be that your jobs were assigned to the wrong rep. Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

LynnJ
Star Contributor

MA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  04:07:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My Cycle 3's were on my schedule, then vanished. They have since reappeared on the original dtes I scheduled them for.

Gold Certified in Central Massachusetts
Go to Top of Page

.StevePRS
Inactive

Chesterfield, MO
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  05:25:37 AM  Visit .StevePRS's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
From time to time, jobs are taken off your Premium web page to add / change projects.

Contact your RMM if you have questions about this.

Steven Ressler
Retail Market Manager - IL
Premium Retail Services
sressler@premiumretail.com
Phone: 866-869-9193
Go to Top of Page

BeverlyAnn
Star Contributor

USA
463 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  06:34:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, Steve, that's true, but when that happens, my SCHEDULE STILL SHOWS THE WORK, even though they are temporarily gone from my dashboard. However, THIS TIME, they are even GONE from my schedule, so I suspect
there is no work!!!

BeverlyAnn
Silver Certified x6xbkn
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  2:30:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
BeverlyAnn, I have only been with Premium since Oct., I don't understand how cycle 4 can be on the Dashboard, when we have not even got to cycle 3 yet. Cycle 3 was posted to my Dashboard on 1-19-09.
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  5:17:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The new site has refresh issues. DNS issues. I reported but was told no one else is having the issues.

Tip: if you are missing something, Do a flushDNS, registerDNS then restart IE.

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  5:29:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My WM cycle 3 are still up, no paperwork to view yet. Cycle 4 week 2/9 is also on my dashboard, no paperwork to view. cycle 3 is still on my schedule for the dates I put down.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

BeverlyAnn
Star Contributor

USA
463 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  5:59:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
PHEW!! My Cycle 3 Walmarts JUST SHOWED BACK UP!!! I am grateful for that, because I have SIX Walmarts, and in this economy, I can use all the work I can get right now!!! I can't print my paperwork yet, but I did just have to go and schedule them in for next week. WOO HOO!!

BeverlyAnn
Silver Certified x6xbkn
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums