Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Paula Rodrigues
Valued Contributor

Stamford, CT
USA
133 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2010 :  10:48:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Got an email invite from ISecretShop.com which uses I Phones for completion of it's mystery shops. Has anybody worked for them yet??

LucyShoe
Contributor

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2010 :  1:39:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just checked out the website and it appears to have all the accutriments of a normal, legitimate mystery shopping company. I'm a five-year shop veteran and I signed up. I got a welcome email with an ICA to sign and a personal email response from one of the founders within 30 minutes. I'm glad someone thought of this. I think I would use it a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Larry S
Valued Contributor

Simi Valley, CA
USA
216 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2010 :  3:53:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Downloaded their app, but cannot evaluate it without a shop to report. I use the iphone with almost all of my Maritz shops as most of their shops only require checking the correct box with little input. A great time saver where you have a minimum time requirement between shops. No way to sync photos to the report so some have to be saved and finished at home. Market Force is difficult to use an iphone with since you must send each page as you progress and unless you have an WIFI connection it is very time consuming.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

Keifling
Valued Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
159 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2010 :  9:53:19 PM  Visit Keifling's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Clicked on the download button and got a blank page with a 'not found' message.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

JuneRM
Valued Contributor

Plymouth, WI
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  11:09:21 AM  Visit JuneRM's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The company is good.

June Raeder-MacKinnon
junerss@gmail.com
Independent Scheduler
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  5:51:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How interesting that I can enroll and sign the ICA on my iPhone. I hope there will be shops in Florida. I watched the video - what a fun way to ms!

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

SheilaInTX

N Texas
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  01:47:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What a good idea. Looking forward to the Android version!

Sheila in TX ...
MSPA Silver & NARMS certified.
Go to Top of Page

Terren
Valued Contributor

Brandon, FL
USA
120 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  07:09:13 AM  Send Terren an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anything for us Blackberry users? Or do I have to go and buy an iPhone which I would perfer over an Android :D

GOLD *x1z1xl*
Go to Top of Page

JuneRM
Valued Contributor

Plymouth, WI
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  11:19:50 AM  Visit JuneRM's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
From what I was told, the software is only going to be available on those two types of phones. They have the GPS and other features that make it very nice for shopping.

We are adding new shops daily.

June Raeder-MacKinnon
junerss@gmail.com
Independent Scheduler
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6492 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  3:36:52 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
June, who does own this company? What is their background in mystery shopping or is this something new for them? I looked on their about us page and it doesn't say much about them.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

JuneRM
Valued Contributor

Plymouth, WI
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  08:12:40 AM  Visit JuneRM's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have two owners.

June Raeder-MacKinnon
junerss@gmail.com
Independent Scheduler
Go to Top of Page

DougCRector
Star Contributor

Renton, WA
USA
260 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2010 :  5:05:55 PM  Visit DougCRector's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have met with the owners of ISecret shop and have been talking to them in detail. ISecret shop is a legit company and the owners are very excited to roll out this new platform to the inductry. NWLPC will be the first MSP to be offering IPhone shops to new and current clients. You can download the free app at http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/apptivate-llc/id343970726
Don't expect too many shops just yet since this is new but you need to be ready as other MSP's may be signing up.

Doug Rector
President
NW Loss Prevention Consultants
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
930 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  12:37:03 PM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a shop invitation from them that looked just a little unrealistic - some of the shops were appliance shops that paid $250 but required outlay of $2500. Other shops in the email had more reasonable/normal fees. They all said they do *not* require an iPhone (which I do not have).

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

Terren
Valued Contributor

Brandon, FL
USA
120 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  5:53:48 PM  Send Terren an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have used this application now with my iPhone (yes I switched :)) The job was for a company I have done numerous jobs for and I was quite pleased with the simpleness of the input. This is a great tool for when I do shops out of my area as most of them are for another major city different from the one I live in, but I frequent often. It is worth the download if they have shops in your area. you can only do one shop to begin with, but that increases the more shops you do with the app and the pay is not bad for the amount of work put in.

GOLD *x1z1xl*
Go to Top of Page

KariK
Contributor

Minneapolis, MN
USA
86 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  05:35:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just signed up. There is only 1 shop in MN right now.
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  10:21:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've completed three shops for them for BES that did not require an iPhone. No problem and fair pay. Good communication and return phone calls. They were appliance store shops, the ones that did not require a purchase.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

MaryAnnV

Lakewood, CO
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2012 :  8:46:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received an email from them today. Here is part of it. What do you think?

One way dishonest shoppers try to defraud you and your clients is by uploading pictures that they did not take on-site, as required. Instead of doing the work you pay them to do, they go online, look for a picture they need (e.g. a specific restaurant interior, an image of a store display, a product, etc.) and attach it to their report, claiming it as theirs.

But iSecretShop's newest tool will NAIL THEM if they try this. Now, when an editor is reviewing shops, they can view all the images at once and if anything looks at all suspicious,* they can click a Fraud Check button that strips the source data from the image, runs a check for it online and - if the image was taken from the internet – it brings up the page where it was taken from! You read that right: it works exactly like the academic Plagiarism Detection tools - only ours back-sources images instead of text. Best of all, it only takes seconds to verify if an image is legitimate or stolen.

MaryAnn Valeska
Go to Top of Page

Ed W

Petaluma, California
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2012 :  10:58:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Had to take a picture of a demo with GPS on as well as date and time stamp. As long as they pay me, and that's what they want, that's what I'll deliver. I've gotten in the habit of putting date and time on all my pix for MS companies that require pix... less stress all the way around.
Go to Top of Page

MattMS
Star Contributor

Genoa, Illinois
USA
360 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  08:10:50 AM  Send MattMS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think (right or wrong) this is the way of the future of MS companies. I, most of the time (except when I occasionally forget or the program doesn't work) use the Jobslinger App on every shop I do. I make sure to GeoVerify my location. Just one more thing I can use to tell the company, YES I WAS there. In case they ever dispute it. (Though in 8+ years of shopping I've never been questioned.)

Matthew - shopping North Central & North West Illinois
Go to Top of Page

JenGA
Valued Contributor

Kingsburg, CA
USA
154 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2013 :  4:34:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone recently take a shop with them? Last updated over a year ago, and there are shops in my area. Interested in taking them, but don't want to get burned.

Jen
Mystery Shopping in the Central Valley of CA since 2005
Silver Certified since December 2008
Go to Top of Page

Sherry Lyons

Junction City, OR
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2013 :  8:12:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There are several companies that uses this new site for jobs. I have done shops for several and they have been okay. Some of the companies just take a while to get paid but I always have been paid. They pay through paypal.

Sherry Lyons
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums