Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Support Area
 Computer Hardware/Software Tips - Q & A
 Is there a digital voice recorders (DVR) that can transfer directly to a word processing document?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FayEF
Valued Contributor

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  11:18:38 AM  Visit FayEF's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
What is everyone or anyone using for recording info and transferring to word doc?
Maybe the clear question:
IS anyone using a recorder that can be plugged into the computer and transferred to a word doc?
Is so what type or brand?

Jody B
Valued Contributor

Mankato, MN
USA
178 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2010 :  07:59:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not exactly using a digital voice recorder but I found a quick work-around on my computer to at least record telephone conversations without a digital voice recorder.

First, you will need a copy of Microsoft Power Point 2007 or higher on your computer. Next, go to the tab called insert, then go down to Sound and pull the drop down button to find recorded sound. Click on the recorded sound drop down and a small dialog box will appear.

Press on the red button to record sound and you can record your conversation that you have on the phone. Save the conversation and then play it back by pressing on the speaker.

Hope this will help those of you who are doing phone shops without a digital recorder.

I will check with my classmates at UND to see if any of them know a way to get digital recorder to work to transcribe your conversation.

Jody
Shopper in Southern Minnesota-the Little Twin Cities-A Lot Minnesota (Mankato) and beyond
Now Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

Jody B
Valued Contributor

Mankato, MN
USA
178 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2010 :  2:02:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My UND professor, who know a great deal about all things computer wrote this note to me:

"I think you are talking about transcription software, also called Voice Recognition software.

The product to use is Dragon naturally speaking. They have a version that works with a recorder, but you will need to train it to record your voice first. She could still try it, but it is less likely to be accurate. Also, it requires that you use certain digital recorders for best results, and they do sell one as a bundle I think. Expensive, but pretty good."

So, maybe you can look into these software options.

Jody
Shopper in Southern Minnesota-the Little Twin Cities-A Lot Minnesota (Mankato) and beyond
Now Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

FayEF
Valued Contributor

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2010 :  8:27:40 PM  Visit FayEF's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jody,

Thanks for all of your help and research.
It is appreciated.
Fay
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Forum Tip:
Active Topics

If you are logged in, click the link above to see all the topics that have had posts since your last visit.

Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums