Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

EKimak0930
Valued Contributor

NJ
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  4:19:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever worked for Revenue Creations?
Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

The exact company name is Revenue Creations.
They posted work on Craigslist.

They are not listed on NARMS or Volition.

Erin
Gold Certified
Shopping Central NJ

EKimak0930
Valued Contributor

NJ
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  5:48:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to update the post. I have the pleasure of working with Revenue Creations. They are fantastic. I never had such great communication with a merchandising company. Fast payment, open communication and just all around a nice bunch of people to work with.
If given the opportunity to work with them, I would not hesitate in the least.

Erin
Gold Certified
Shopping Central NJ
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2010 :  08:25:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
EKimak0930
I saw a job listed on NARMS for Revenue Creations. Can you tell me what products they work with? Are you an employee or IC?

Mary
Go to Top of Page

EKimak0930
Valued Contributor

NJ
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2010 :  09:28:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They merchandise some of the tower and tables and some men's shoes in JCPenny, Khols and Macy's. You are an independent contractor if you work with them. They pay twice a month 1st and the 15th via check. The people you were for could not be nicer. I would not hesitate in the least to work with them.

Erin
Gold Certified
Shopping Central NJ
Go to Top of Page

MonikaJeanne
Contributor

Bethlehem, PA
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2012 :  07:38:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I landed this job In November. I am happy with this employer!

I believe it is a smaller company, with minimal overhead. The program director is super-professional, and understanding.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2012 :  11:19:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Some stores do not allow photos. Always ask before taking ANY photos. I would have apologized and deleted the pics of anything in their store. This is not a unusual situation.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
787 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2012 :  4:32:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MonikaJeanne

I landed this job In November. I am happy with this employer!

I believe it is a smaller company, with minimal overhead. The program director is super-professional, and understanding.

I get approximately 10 days to do an assignment. I get paid $15 an hour, but no mileage. However, almost all my jobs are about 10 miles away. For instance, during Christmas I had several jobs at the same mall so would arrange my schedule in an orderly fashion so as to save on gas.

The only problem I ever had was not even directly related to Revenue Creations. It was regarding store personnel who told me to delete all photos on my camera, that company policy was not disallow photos. I still am getting paid for the job.

Hi! Can you tell me what type of products you are merchandising, how often and in what chains? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

MonikaJeanne
Contributor

Bethlehem, PA
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2012 :  06:01:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Sue...I have worked primarily in Macy's, JCPenney, and Kohl's. I have merchandised Converse, Dockers, Chaps, New Balance, and Gift items thus far.
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2012 :  08:15:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One tip I would like to share about photos.. As for an authorization later and present to the Manager for clarification if need be. I have never had issues with this but then it depends on the chain, the manager, and corporate policy. HTH Mia

PS If the company wont supply a photo.. then ask but again it depends on the store.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
787 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2012 :  09:55:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MonikaJeanne

Hi Marla...this could potentially become a problem, as the company I work for wants photos for every job. Im surprised it has not been more of a problem in the past.

Sue...I have worked primarily in Macy's, JCPenney, and Kohl's. I have merchandised Converse, Dockers, Chaps, New Balance, and Gift items thus far.

Thanks for the info, going to check them out. How many hours a month/week do you get with them?
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl55
Valued Contributor

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2012 :  1:26:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am looking for more work. I went to the site posted but I couldn't find a place to apply.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2012 :  2:54:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Haven't worked for them, just a tip on photos.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2012 :  3:11:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheryl55

I am looking for more work. I went to the site posted but I couldn't find a place to apply.

This is the only contact info I could find, and it was in a PDF linked to on their site...

Joel Yoffee
President & CEO
Revenue Creations, LLC
Ph: 201-741-8563
E-mail: Jyoffee@revenuecreations.com

As for pictures, I just take them anymore without asking.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
468 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2012 :  5:14:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have gotten LOA letters for picture taking in Walgreens, BB,office depot,staples,kmart. My WM's let me take pictures with no problem. A couple of years ago they removed the signage from the front doors that stated no picture taking allowed.If I have never taken a picture in a store, I talk to the manager and show them my instructions where it says to take a picture and they usually don't have a problem with it.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl55
Valued Contributor

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  5:52:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you LarryT
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  05:34:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Larry, if you take pictures in a store that doesn't allow, you could be asked not to come back to that store, and possibly the chain. Image IF you're in WM, and they don't want pics, AND they decide to ban you; you may not be able to even shop there.

Always stay on the safe side, and ASK. Don't ASSUME anything.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MonikaJeanne
Contributor

Bethlehem, PA
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  06:28:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company does not hire by contacting its president. I found the job on Craigslist. They do not keep a link for careers on their page for that reason- when they want to hire, they post an ad. They only carry like 50 employees. The chance of getting hired by contacting the president is probably next to nothing.

If you are looking for work, I would suggest other companies that openly provide a link for careers on their page.

I was asked via email to start a conversation for photos elsewhere, that it is not conducive to what this thread is purposed for. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2012 :  05:33:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It sounds like at least 1/2 of the work is servicing shoes....is this correct?

Mary
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2012 :  07:44:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I couldn't find a link on their website to apply. I then clicked on "Click here to view the 2012 complete line of computer & iPad accessories" & there the link is at the top of the page. I received a response for an interview within an hour of applying!
Go to Top of Page

MonikaJeanne
Contributor

Bethlehem, PA
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2012 :  6:50:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow! Oh and Mary, we do service a lot of shoes. I really enjoy it.
Go to Top of Page

Zeke

NC
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  9:06:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just as an FYI, this particular company is hiring in certain areas and some of their ads for work offerings can be found on NARMS.com .

Zeke
MSPA GOLD CERTIFIED SHOPPER
NARMS Certified Merchandiser
Shopping NC
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums