Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Is Mystery Shoppers World a legitimate company?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Babsie
Trainee

Wake Forest, NC
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  09:13:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I keep getting emails from Mystery Shoppers World. It seems legit (almost) but I can't find it listed on any other site. Does anyone know about this company? I cannot find them listed on any site like Volition or MSPA. Their web site is located at mystshopperworld.info. It looks professional but in the email they sent, they offered fees way above the norm. Thanks

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1014 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2011 :  4:15:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I found a "mysteryshoppersworld.org" but the site looks suspicious to me. There is no information about their address, phone number, etc. All you can do from the site is "register" with them by filling out a short form giving your name, address, phone, etc.

At the top of the page there is a link to "Client" and "Mystery Shopper Login" but these links don't link to anything.

I have not received any emails from them but I do receive emails sometimes just asking for information such as this site asks for. I think it it just a way to get personal information.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping the Houston, TX area.
Go to Top of Page

Babsie
Trainee

Wake Forest, NC
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2011 :  7:29:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. I thought it looked suspicious too. Sometimes I have trouble on the links of some sites because my computer is old. I thought it seemed too good to be true but just wanted to make sure. thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2086 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2011 :  10:54:18 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Domain ID:D160282906-LROR
Domain Name:MYSTERYSHOPPERSWORLD.ORG
Created On:30-Sep-2010 15:54:53 UTC
Last Updated On:30-Nov-2010 03:49:16 UTC
Expiration Date:30-Sep-2011 15:54:53 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Abacus America, Inc (R14-LROR)
Registrant ID:e3dme4uhhlt4tarp
Registrant Name:gary holcomb
Registrant Organization:---
Registrant Street1:4376 Buford Dr.
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Buford
Registrant State/Province:GA
Registrant Postal Code:30518
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.0015103744Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:stunner1404@msn.com-------

quote:
8.When do I have to return my results?
All results must be keyed into our online system within 24 hours of the mystery shop taking place, unless otherwise specified in your assignment briefing. We reserve the right to withhold any or all of the shopper fees to be paid to you if you do not return your results in the specified time period.

Domain ID:D34868324-LRMS
Domain Name:MYSTSHOPPERSWORLD.INFO
Created On:30-Sep-2010 16:29:25 UTC
Last Updated On:29-Nov-2010 20:37:44 UTC
Expiration Date:30-Sep-2011 16:29:25 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Abacus America, Inc. (R157-LRMS)
Registrant ID:ff5sci94vcr4s6c6
Registrant Name:gary holcomb
Registrant Organization:---

Registrant Street1:4376 Buford Dr.
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Buford
Registrant State/Province:GA
Registrant Postal Code:30518
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.0015103744
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:stunner1404@msn.com

That info pretty much sums it all up. I just looked at the website source coding (I design websites). I find it interesting that in the coding for the search engine, it has this code:
quote:

<meta name="description" content="Mystery Shopper World have an international database of clients and mystery shoppers, fulfilling over 150,000 mystery shopping jobs every year." />

If they do 150,000 mystery shops per year, how in the world can they claim so many if the site was only registered 6 months ago? I also find the WORDING interesting, it sounds horrible.

There are so many coding errors, it's insane. 3/4 of the site is in Javascript, and they didn't even code it right!

There's your answer. I would say no, it's not legit.

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2011 :  1:39:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Babsie, it would be very helpful to see the email they sent you. We can usually tell right away if an email is spam. A company name in itself is not always enough to recognize a scam, as the "bad guys" often use legitimate company names.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Iron Chef Toni
Star Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2011 :  09:35:52 AM  Send Iron Chef Toni an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlueAbe

There are so many coding errors, it's insane. 3/4 of the site is in Javascript, and they didn't even code it right!

There's your answer. I would say no, it's not legit.

I am in IT as well, Quality Assurance actually which really ties in nicely with Shopping, btw. There is also the possibility they outsourced their website development to another country like China or India and it was not tested thoroughly before publishing.

As for javascript errors, I've seen them before even on Prophet sites.

Toni
Gold certified in N. Texas
Got the Gold in Grapevine! (July 2007)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums