Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 My Mystery Shopping New Years Resolutions!
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

DonnaShops
Star Contributor

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
380 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  1:26:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
DeeJay,
Glad to see you benefited from my resolution! More money is great, but if I spend 2 days dreading the assignment, it's not worth it to me. I'm still waiting for that spa shop, though...

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping Middle TN & Beyond
Someday my Spa Shop will come!
Go to Top of Page

DeeJay

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  06:59:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OK Q1 2006 was great!

I kept the resolution to only do shops that I wouldn't dread.
Many didn't pay that great, but with the mental anguish gone, they went smoothly.

Thank you all for your tips.

Happy Shopper!
Go to Top of Page

Tara D
Contributor

Ballwin, MO
USA
88 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  9:57:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My resolutions are:

1. Don't apply for ten of the same job hoping to get assigned at least one or two. Sometimes you actually get ALL TEN!

2. Purchase and returns are (usually) SO not worth it... unless the pay is amazing or I don't plan on returning to the store for a long, long time.

3. No $4 CoRI shops. Or anything that involves interacting with 7 associates in 9 departments and getting names of 4 cashiers, etc etc.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2007 :  8:35:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No shops where I have to put out my money & wait to get paid back such as reimbursement only or FF shops. It's too hard on the budget. No traveling 45 miles (one way) for one or two low paying shops. Have to be bonused or a group of at least 4 or 5 shops in same town. I realize this will probably cut back quite a bit on my shopping but in the end it won't make much differnce profit wise, I don't think.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Dee in AZ
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
663 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  10:17:01 AM  Send Dee in AZ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote

It seems amazing 4 years have passed since I started this topic!
Happy New Years everyone!

My 2008 resolutions are:

1) As an editor I will try to send more feedback
2) As a shopper, I still struggle with organization...so once again I will attempt to get a handle on my office chaos

Deanna Kessler
Deannna.kessler@seelevelhx.com
Go to Top of Page

CaitShop

Anderson, SC
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  10:34:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love this topic! It's interesting to see how peoples resolutions stay the same and change every year!! My resolutions for 2008 are:

1. I will not shy away from shops just because they are not exactly what I'm looking for!
2. I will work on my reports!
3. And as always- organization is key!!

Maybe I'll work towards getting one of those GPS things, or a voice recorder...
...hmm interesting!

Heres to a great 2008 everyone!!

Caitlin
Go to Top of Page

JoanG
Valued Contributor

Anaheim Hills, CA
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  10:42:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
1. Organize
2. Organize
3. Not be up at 2 am submitting reports

Joan
Go to Top of Page

Nancy T.
Contributor

CO
USA
80 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  10:58:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
1. Write down EVERY shop in my book as soon as I agree to it.
2. Print and file EVERY report
3. Scan EVERY receipt
4. Keep my mileage log daily instead of reconstructing it monthly
5. Memorize and use the phrase, "Sorry, I don't work for minimum wage."
6. Remember to calculate input time when deciding which shops are worth it.
7. Tomorrow! Box up all receipts and reports from 2007 separately!

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Douglas05
Contributor

Shelby, NC
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  11:11:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This year I will not take the shops that have added work and not incresed the pay. If I have to scan a receipt or fax it in I think the MS company should increse the shop fee.

Silver certified...Shopping NC. Charlotte Metro and Upstate SC.
Go to Top of Page

Val AC
Valued Contributor

USA
173 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  1:29:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This year I would like to limit my computer time searching for jobs. However, the only way I get jobs is by staying logged on and answering emails or going on self-assign job boards. So, I doubt that I would be able to keep this resolution.
Go to Top of Page

Nichole74

Pittsford, Vermont
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2007 :  06:15:59 AM  Visit Nichole74's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
1. I will use the new breifcase my husband bought me for christmas.
2. I will use the files he bought me aswell.
3. I will track my milage
4. I will stop throwing out my completed reports and reciepts and file them.

N. Smith
Silver Certified h8hdav
Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2007 :  2:20:38 PM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
1. I will not over schedule myself.

2. I will be more organized with my paperwork and file those receipts and report copies instead of piling them up near my desk.

3. I will track my miles as driven, not try to figure out what I drove at the end of the month.

4. I will not take anymore of those 2 department, must buy something shops that pay all of $10 hoping to get one of those "fun" shops!

5. I will say "no" to schedulers that expect me to drop everything and do their last minute shop with no bonus.

Joy
Go to Top of Page

SherryDG
Star Contributor

Chicago Burbs, IL
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2007 :  9:15:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Me, I'm going to:

1 Try and get out of my comfort zone and try new types of shops with different companies
2 Get a laptop so I can be more efficient (and mostly cause I want me one)((don't bother correcting me, I wrote it that way cause that's the way I feel it))
3 Make a great effort to get Gold Certified
4 Improve my shop writing abilities

SherryDG
MSPA Silver
Happily shopping the Chicagoland area
Go to Top of Page

Heather C.
Valued Contributor

Montreal
Canada
196 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2007 :  12:20:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In 2008 I plan to:

1)Take a refresher course on editing so I can hopefully get an editor position this year

2)Get a mystery shopping book so I can be a better mystery shopper and improve my writing skills

3)Buy a digital camera and cell phone

4)Try merchandising

5)Ask schedulers for a bonus/gas/parking fee whenever they ask me to do last minute assignments

6)Use less ink & paper, and throw all my shopping reports into the recycling bin after six months

7)Sign up for more mystery shopping companies

8) Clear up my credit card so I can finally do hotel shops

9)Have a more positive attitude when I'm writing those long narrative reports

10)Try to get one of those hard-to-come-by spa/cruise/resort assignments

Heather
Go to Top of Page

Aileen M.
Star Contributor

Naperville, IL
USA
410 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2007 :  05:51:44 AM  Visit Aileen M.'s Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
1)I plan on actually transferring my shop dates into a calendar, instead of just checking my email constantly to remember assignments (I've never flaked, so I guess my current system works, but still...). If I'm feeling completely ambitious I could even enter dates of reports that I have to edit into the calendar. That way I can have a very balanced scheduling/editing and shopping year...without driving myself (and my husband) crazy.

2)I also plan on actually keeping thorough mileage records as the year progresses so that tax time won't be a hassle (yeah, right).

Note: I think these might be a successful as the reoccurring lose five pounds and exercise regularly resolutions

Aileen Mullee
General Manager
Ann Michaels and Associates
Go to Top of Page

JeannieGA
Valued Contributor

Alpharetta, GA
USA
216 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2007 :  07:18:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Aileen I have been a shopper for over 5 years and sometimes the simplest old fashioned paper ways of tracking shops are the easiest. I keep all my shops on 6" x 9" calendar portfolio. The calendar has a monthly shop view with big enough boxes that I can write all my daily shops and I can see at a month where I will be shopping. There are also daily pages if I need to write more information. Also on a weekly basis I will print the shop forms and keep them in a plastic sleeve that I keep in my car. When I put shops on the calendar if there is flexibility in the date I draw on arrow over the dates so that if I have another shop in the area I know that I can bundle the shops. This also prevents me from overscheduling shops.

Jeannie in GA
Go to Top of Page

Ryan78
Apprentice

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2007 :  12:36:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
New Years Resolution

1. I will no longer mystery shop.
2. I will spend my time and energy on something worthwhile like my family or something productive.

Ryan
Go to Top of Page

Aileen M.
Star Contributor

Naperville, IL
USA
410 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2007 :  2:20:20 PM  Visit Aileen M.'s Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan78

New Years Resolution

2. I will spend my time and energy on something worthwhile like my family or something productive.
Well that's an unfortunate first-ever post. And to think, I was under the impression that helping companies better the service provided to customers was productive

Aileen Mullee
General Manager
Ann Michaels and Associates
Go to Top of Page

SherryDG
Star Contributor

Chicago Burbs, IL
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2007 :  4:17:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan78

New Years Resolution

I'm turning evil and thinking I'll pick up your shops

One of the good things about ms'ing, is you can take time off and make nice with the family, recuperate your thinking, or do something else and come back to ms'ing-if you want to. Or any combination thereof

I've taken a 2 week break since my Sophie (my furry child) is going to cross over soon and I want to spend time with her. I couldn't do this with any other part time or full time job.

Hoping all great things for you and yours no matter what you do

PS I want to try merchandising, too. I need to start with something easy and that doesn't require a screwdriver!!

SherryDG
MSPA Silver
Happily shopping the Chicagoland area
Go to Top of Page

Judy in VA
Star Contributor

VA
USA
836 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2007 :  4:59:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I resolve to not peruse Volition when in the midst of writing a report due to a case of writer's block. It causes the report writing to take way too much time and I get distracted easily...now back to that report.

MSPA 2007 Shopper of the Year
MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in recorded and unrecorded phone shops
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums