Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 My Mystery Shopping New Years Resolutions!
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

MichaelinNH
Star Contributor

New Hampshire
USA
488 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2011 :  06:45:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will get my documentation into Quicken in a more timely manner so I don't spend the last week of the year getting my information ready for taxes.

Really!

MSPA Gold 8/9/2006 MSPA Silver 6/23/2007
Video Shopper Certified 6/9/2011 NV Workcard R-061144. Shopping 50 States, Puerto Rico & Canada.
Go to Top of Page

TerrieDean
Contributor

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2011 :  4:34:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Welp, here it is ANOTHER year gone. Wow, and that's all I can muster about it. I don't have a lot of resolutions this year, I don't keep them anyway. HA! But going forward I am going to do one thing different this year. I am NOT going stress about anything, anyone , anyhow. Cheers to everyone.

Terrie
Go to Top of Page

RichC
Contributor

(Northern), VA
USA
64 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  2:33:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
2012 Resolution: I will not accept jobs from companies that habitually make me wait more than 60 days to get paid. 1x = . More than once?

Count me amoung those who decline straight reimbursement meals. Yes, you have to pay for food anyway. But when I calulated the meal cost, effort of cooking, travel, and the hassle of the darn forms, I usually come out ahead by buying the food & cooking it myself.
Go to Top of Page

Heather C.
Valued Contributor

Montreal
Canada
196 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  6:17:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here are my 2012 resolutions:

1)No more purchase and return shops

2)No more cell phone shops

3)No more purchase shops where everything in the store or the price of a meal costs more than the reimbursement

4)No more shops that threaten non-payment if I don't get the first and last name of an employee

5)No more shops with scenarios that make me uncomfortable or make it obvious I'm a shopper.

6)Stop shopping for MS companies who take more than a month to pay

7)Stop procrastinating when it's time to complete my MS reports

8)Do more hotel and airline evaluations

9)Get into the habit of asking for bonuses whenever I'm asked to do shops at the last minute

10)Put 10% of my MS earnings into my emergency fund

Heather
Go to Top of Page

TerrieDean
Contributor

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  6:21:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amen brother! The re-imburse shops are not very appealing. In my portion of the country it is hit or miss. Sometimes it does cover and sometimes it does not. I also see alot of "tip included" . If I do not get good service, I don't tip. And just sometimes, sometimes, a bowl of ramen noodles tastes pretty darn good.
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1889 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2014 :  3:09:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
2014 resolutions:
1) I will keep better track of who owes me money, so that the few who "forget" to pay me without chasing it down can be crossed off my list.
2) I will keep my favorite jobs to myself, instead of sharing with others who promise to only apply every three months (and then renege on that promise).
3) I will no longer waste my time applying for the guitar shop that I have not been assigned in the last ten years. One would think that it's clear enough that the scheduler thinks she has some reason to include me in the advertisement, yet not assign it.
4) I will remind those schedulers who owe me a favor, and make certain to complete yucky shops for schedulers who have earned my favor.

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums