Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3098 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2011 :  10:24:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Given that the topic for this firm has again reached 100 pages long, I have locked it and started this new topic. All the opinions posted to the old topic are still valid, however, a thread this big can slow down the server.

Please continue the conversation here.

Here are links to the first 200 pages:

"Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI)"

"Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (2)"

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2011 :  09:50:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
On the big blue gas station audits, I was emailed this week to upload pics again but with dates stamped on the prints. My two digital cameras do not have that function. Dates are embedded but not shown on the print. I had to download software to add dates which I had to do one pic at a time, times 15 photos. I see the other blue gas station has same requirement to date stamp in their details. What is the easiest way to add dates?
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2011 :  09:57:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do you use a smart phone as either of your cameras? I had to download a program to be able to time stamp it. I don't remember offhand what it is called, but it was posted in the previous thread near the end so it should be easy to find.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2011 :  11:20:55 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
DavidCar

Welcome to the club. I am guessing you have a Sony camera. I have recently made the major switch to them, only to find out that this is NOT one of the functions. I recently lost several shops do to this. CoRI recently went to the "DO IT OR REJECT IT" motto... I have since had the pleasure of purchasing another Cannon 1300 to have a back-up. This also eliminates the use of my BlackBerry which has a 3mp camera.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2011 :  4:24:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cary in Cincy
I am guessing you have a Sony camera. I have recently made the major switch to them, only to find out that this is NOT one of the functions.

Really? My old Sony Cybershot has the option, but it's at least a good 10 years old. I've been toying with the idea of an upgrade - although this one still works just fine - but if Sony's discontinued the time/date function, I'll have to switch to another brand. That's good to know.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2011 :  6:06:46 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do they not realize with technology the way it is today, if you can manually add the date, you could add any date you wanted to? What is the point of this?

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

LisaSTL
Star Contributor

St. Louis, MO
USA
733 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2011 :  06:18:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got caught up in that myself. Forgot it on the first shop, but remembered it on the other 2. Back in the day they would have gone to bat for us under those circumstances. When e-mailing back and forth I flat out asked them why not one, but two receipts with the date plus a letter signed by the station manager wasn't enough. As Pam pointed out if something can be faked/altered then what is the value anyway.

I understand that a few bad apples have probably caused us all to have to prove we were on site, but let's get real about this. Another MSC, which shall remain nameless, required 2 verifications signed off by management and as of several months ago added a third. Come on, if someone can figure out how to fake 1 or 2 of these, I'm sure they can fake yet another.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2011 :  10:27:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cary,

I have a Canon and an Olympus, both with no date stamp. Fortunately, I used reward points for a new Canon that does have a date stamp. I still don't see the reason for date stamp requirment. Once they have the uploaded photos, both CRI and the clients can click on the pics and see the embedded date and time stamp.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2011 :  6:55:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DavidCar

.... Once they have the uploaded photos, both CRI and the clients can click on the pics and see the embedded date and time stamp.

Many editing software remove the file data. PicSizer is one. After resizing the embedded info shows only pic size, and the file details show the resizing date as file creation date.

If date stamp feature is not possible with a particular camera someone has, just drop by a local pawn shop and pic out a cheapy, just for use with CoRI shops. Or try eBay. After dropping and braking a Nikon, I did this. Replaced the Nikon with 3 more, just like it, for $30+shipping, for all three!
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1708 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  11:40:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I scheduled a shop for myself but took the wrong date. Do I have to email the scheduler to change the date or can I do it early? Some companies will not allow us to do a shop on a different date other then rescheduling. TIA...
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  2:44:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I believe you have to email the scheduler or go on Live Chat to get the date changed. I did that once, and they changed the date for me with no problem. I don't think you can do the shop early.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  3:24:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think I did do it early once unintentionally, and I believe it was ok since it was within the original 3-day window I could have chosen, but it would definitely be better to reach someone to get it properly changed to avoid any potential problems.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  07:32:34 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
There are options to prove you were there when you said you were:
Get a newspaper and take a picture of yourself and it in front of the station, showing the date on the paper.
Maybe we could request live video feed from the CIA?
Take along a CoRI representative.
Ask the stores to have live news playing on a TV and we could take a picture of that.
Get your phone company to send a list of the "pings" from your cell phone.
Call Cori from the store phone.
Get a speeding ticket in front of the store. Surely they will believe the cops, right?
Rob the store and make the news?

Ok, got carried away, but then again if a receipt is good enough for the IRS, why isn't it good enough for CoRI?

Oh, and if you forget a picture, you can always adjust the camera date and go back and re-take them. You can also go into the file and change the creation date of the file.

This is the age of technology. If it can be done for real, it can be faked. Some people have nothing better to do than fake everything.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  09:16:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cary in Cincy

.... Some people have nothing better to do than fake everything.

And this is why CoRI is so strict on dates matching: receipts, visit dates, camera date stamps.
An email or call to the scheduler has always gotten mine straightened out, when dates did not all match for any reason.

BTW, there are lots of other ways editors/validators find inconsistencies in pics: shadows, clouds, sky color, background scenery, pavement color, and comparing current pics with those from previous jobs!
Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  5:09:01 PM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know that CORI's commission structure varies, depending on the regional market area that you work in. In my opinion though, the company's commission has gone up considerably from when I signed up with them 5 years ago. At least in my area, I'm starting to see shops within the $20-44 range consistently. Compared to most companies in this current economic climate, wouldn't you think that CORI pays a little more than market average for some of the basic retail, restaurant and phone shops?

Of course, they aren't gas shops, but we can always hope!

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified, 2007; IMSC Certified, 2012 (Chicago), 2013 (Atlanta), 2015 (Las Vegas).
Undercover Essentials Video Certified, 2012 and owns PV-500 ECO. Nevada Work card (expires 2020).
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  7:41:29 PM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just a heads up. There was a new round of shops posted today in my area for the mostly mall-based clothing store that reimburses for a $14 purchase. Usually the fee starts out at $0 (reimbursement only) but for some reason all my stores (5 in the area) list the commission at $21.95. Such an easy report that I couldn't pass it up.

Jon
Shopping all of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida panhandle, most of Tennessee, western Georgia and anywhere else where there's opportunity!
Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2011 :  07:29:11 AM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lately, has anyone had any problems getting payment? I am used to CORI paying every Friday. Is pay schedules on a two or three week cycle now? Just finished a handful of shops for the first time in a while and its been over a week now.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?? Bueller? Bueller???

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified, 2007; IMSC Certified, 2012 (Chicago), 2013 (Atlanta), 2015 (Las Vegas).
Undercover Essentials Video Certified, 2012 and owns PV-500 ECO. Nevada Work card (expires 2020).
Go to Top of Page

RonR
Valued Contributor

San Jacinto, CA
USA
126 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2011 :  08:07:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eric in Tampa

Lately, has anyone had any problems getting payment? I am used to CORI paying every Friday. Is pay schedules on a two or three week cycle now? Just finished a handful of shops for the first time in a while and its been over a week now.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?? Bueller? Bueller???

From what I understand, any shops completed by Monday are paid the following Friday. For example, anything done by tomorrow, will be paid on the 29th.

Shopping all of Southern California.
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2011 :  09:52:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get paid very reliably and without problems. I agree with RonR, but for clarity I'd have changed one word, "Any shops completed by Monday are paid the SECOND Friday. For example, anything done by tomorrow, will be paid on the 29th."

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2011 :  1:18:28 PM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
@ Ron R @ Harvey Now that makes more sense in the second Friday, this one being the 29th. Definitely makes me able to plan my pipeline's revenue expectations for the month with PayPal.

Guys, thanks again.

Eric
Go to Top of Page

Joan_in_DE

Newark, DE
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  06:25:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the belly laugh. Great suggestions for documenting that we were in fact there

Joan_in_DE
Gold kt5fir, Video Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums