Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  07:51:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My pending deposit shows up on the day of the deposit.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  10:51:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
well.... I guess this might be one of the NEW changes we argreed to.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  03:18:22 AM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
No direct deposit for me this morning. CORI shows a deposit of today on my payment history, but my bank doesn't.

Mark
MSPA Gold Shopper and Professional Merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  05:10:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
well

NO MONEY.....and they are closed

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  06:04:56 AM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MsKim

well.... I guess this might be one of the NEW changes we argreed to.

If it is part of the changes we agreed to, perhaps they should change the set up of their payment history page. IMO, when it states my payment was sent to my bank on a specific date, I expect it to be there. I am not much one for change, but I can accept it, if the remainder of the site is still misleading. I would love to see one of these companies tell their employees the Friday before Christmas, guess what? No checks and we are closed till after the holidays. Merry Christmas. Maybe then, they will know hoe some of us IC's feel.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  07:30:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is a big surprise to me. This company has lousy pay but always pays on time. I wasn't expecting much this week but this is unacceptable. Maybe they're just getting things done late. Hope so but still some people are depending on this pay. Very disappointing, very disappointing indeed.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  07:46:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The email received on Monday that said it was processed still says: Expect payment to reach you on or about: 12/23/2011
The ones sent on Monday usually do deposit on Friday, but the "about" in there does leave wiggle room. Mine also did not post, nor does it show in pending, but I was not expecting to use that money until the first, so I'll just wait it out.

I am perplexed that all the shops I've done lately have been graded, including the two submitted in the wee hours of this morning, but my shop from 12/12 has not. I wonder how long that payment will be held up. I guess I need to ask about that when they reopen next week.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  08:24:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just checked and my account says I was completed. Not an hour ago it was pending. Haven't checked my bank yet......Nope not in the bank yet but hope springs eternal.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Carmen A

Central, TX
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  1:03:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The CORI website shows my payment as COMPLETED but my bank has nothing on it.

Carmen
Go to Top of Page

EmilyPWa
Valued Contributor

Willard, UT
USA
168 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  4:17:27 PM  Send EmilyPWa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just checked my bank account and no money! I am hoping it is there by Monday! This is the first time I have ever had an issues with payment in the 10 years I have worked for them.

Emily
Now shopping in the Ogden UT area
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  6:39:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OMG.....my daughters boyfriend gets paid by paypal and his money is there!!!!!

But mine in my bank account is still not there....so sad

In his email it says....

Stericycle, Inc. sent you,$----.

I wonder if there was a problem with Stericycle and our bank accounts??

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

MichaelinNH
Star Contributor

New Hampshire
USA
488 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2011 :  09:30:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
At least the merger seems to have gone off without a hitch?

MSPA Gold 8/9/2006 MSPA Silver 6/23/2007
Video Shopper Certified 6/9/2011 NV Workcard R-061144. Shopping 50 States, Puerto Rico & Canada.
Go to Top of Page

MelanieNJ
Star Contributor

NJ
USA
267 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2011 :  11:00:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nothing for me either. Thankful for this forum though so I know it's not just me.
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2011 :  11:20:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes.... Thank Goodness none of us have to feel like it was just our account that got missed.

And still no money!!

BUT MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY FORUM FRIENDS!!!!

Enjoy a weekend of family and no stress of shopping!!!

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

LindaE
Valued Contributor

Billings, MT
USA
203 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2011 :  1:27:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So, I just received an email notice that my payroll has been processed and should arrive on or around December 30. Hope the one (that was) due (expected) on Dec. 23 shows up before the next one!

LindaE
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2011 :  1:29:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well now isn't this a funny one. I just got a notice I would be paid on or about 12/30 for a job I did. They really should pay me the last promised payment first. These people think funny. This added to the very low pay adds insult to injury. Where is that 10 foot pole?

Sue
Go to Top of Page

LindaE
Valued Contributor

Billings, MT
USA
203 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2011 :  8:40:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do we think they'll plan better this week, since it's another holiday weekend?

LindaE
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  04:55:19 AM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really hope they do not go to the "refer to new updated agreement" route. When we have a paid on date and link in our portal and even states it was paid into our accounts on a specific day, I expect it then. If they decide to pay within XX amount of days of job completion the link of date paid in bank account needs to be removed, so we dont count on it on a certain day.
I understand no one is perfect, but this is the only "holiday" payment issue I had. My daughters Christmas was a little less brighter, because of this CORI glitch.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  12:49:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Transferring money through the Federal Reserve System (which is how Direct Deposit is done) only happens on weekdays which are not Federal holidays. Banks which are open on Saturday, on Sunday, or on a Federal holiday (like yesterday) do so as a convenience for their customers. Checks do not clear on those days. Ask them. I wasn't sure, so I asked at the large regional bank which is open all but 4 days a year (Christmas, New Year's, Easter, and Thanksgiving), and they told me that being open on Saturday and Sunday and other Federal holidays is a convenience for their customers. Everything they received (except cash) for deposit after 6 PM last Friday was dated as of 8 AM this morning (the next business day according to the Federal Reserve Bank).

Still, they should have anticipated the issue, and hopefully they have learned how to deal with this for this Friday.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  1:32:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I mean absolutely NO malice and do not mean to be rude for what I am about to say...

When you are an IC, you essentially own your own business. Therefore, to say that X company caused your bills to not be paid or ruined a holiday or whatever because they did not pay you when you expected, is actually no concern of X company.

While it is understandable that one would expect payment on a certain date because past payments dictated that a present or future payment would be made by such and such a date, it still is not really good business sense to expect the payment since, especially in this economy, businesses are going to be late on payments to service providers (like mystery shoppers). That's business.

Therefore, it is for this reason that, when in business for yourself, one needs to have a cash reserve to pull your business through tough times, like when other businesses, to whom you provide services/products, are slow to pay.

The reason why so many MS and Merchandising companies have money problems is because they fail to have such a reserve themselves. So when cash flow takes a dive because their clients are slow to pay them, everyone down the line suffers. Many of them will say, "our client is your client so if they don't pay us, we don't pay you". But that is a sorry and sad excuse because we do not work for their clients, we represent them. We work for the company that pays us. So if the company that pays us cannot pay us because their client has not yet paid them, the only reason for it is because they do not have ample cash reserves to whether the storm. It is no excuse for them as it is no excuse for us. If they can't pay their bills, it's their problem. And if we can't pay our bills....it's our problem.

At some point, without an ample cash reserve, any business is doomed to failure. That's business.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums