Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2011 :  6:42:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
WOW ....
I agree with Larry!!!

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  05:30:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received my PayPal payment last week. I wish they wouldn't take out a fee-none of the other companies do. I need the money. I think that if I didn't have to work I would do some really useful volunteer work and leave the shops for others who really need the money.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  05:36:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In order to have a PayPal account you need a bank account so have your earnings direct deposited, It is ridiculous to take out a fee for using PayPal but they are pulling the strings so we have to play by their rules.
quote:
Originally posted by DarleneH

I received my PayPal payment last week. I wish they wouldn't take out a fee-none of the other companies do. I need the money. I think that if I didn't have to work I would do some really useful volunteer work and leave the shops for others who really need the money.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  06:42:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Darlene, have you considered the direct deposit? There is no fee for that method.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  08:38:46 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
People mystery shop for a variety of reasons. I think the number one reason is addiction. Once you get started, it is very difficult to stop. I think that people who do this to help customer service or for fun, actually enjoy the work much more.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  08:39:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarleneH

I need the money. I think that if I didn't have to work I would do some really useful volunteer work and leave the shops for others who really need the money.

Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  09:16:00 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maybe it is just me..but sometimes I feel like I am doing some useful volunteer work.

But seriously, I think it is great that people care enough about customer service to take an active role, whether they need the money or not makes no difference. We all appreciate good customer service and that is why everyone should be doing this work. If some do not care about the customer service and their goal is not to improve it, maybe those are the people who should not do this job.

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  10:24:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I personally love exemplary customer service.

However, I also realize that, living in a capitalist society, everything has a value and a price-and that includes time. Money talks. If you want valuable information (which MSing provides) I am willing to provide it without bias, in a timely manner, and with excellence. I have owned businesses in the past and I have worked for businesses in the past and all involved customer service to some degree and I understand the value of providing excellent CS to customers and going above and beyond.

But unless you are a non-profit company, such a service as MSing has a price involved. I am a capitalist, the client is a capitalist, the MSC is a capitalist and we all live and work in a capitalist system here in the USA which allows the economic wheels to turn which ultimately allows us to all put bread on the table.

Nothing wrong with any of that, in fact it's great! But everyone in the chain needs to remember that, as some seem to forget it very conveniently as long as there are those out there that are willing to work for peanuts or a free lollipop. This only allows said parties to get valuable info for free or nearly free from which they will ultimately profit.

Capitalism is #1 and always will be, at least for the foreseeable future, and I intend to fully engage in it as long as all the necessities in my society require payment in order to be acquired.
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  12:38:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree....This is not just volunteer work to me, this is a JOB!!!

I do plenty of volunteer work with my church and schools FOR FREE and put my whole heart into those activites...BUT

MSing is a JOB for me....so those who feel that is "just a way of volunteering their time for Big Companines"....please find other ways to do it and leave the MSing to those who take this like a serious job and need the money...like me!!!

Thank you!!!!

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

EmilyPWa
Valued Contributor

Willard, UT
USA
168 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  1:58:42 PM  Send EmilyPWa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wish I did not have to do this as a job. But it helps pay the bills and allows me to stay home with my kids. Honestly after 10 years if I did not need to do this I would not. Sometimes my life seems too busy as is. One day when my kids are all grown I will probably do it because I am bored and now too cheap to go to the store unless it is a shop! :)
That being said I love when I get good bonus' from CORI and I hope it does not change!!!

Emily
Now shopping in the Ogden UT area
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  2:57:50 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow! It is amazing how someone can post something as simple as:

"That is not true. I do not depend on the money and I work for this msc and others. I take the jobs because I care about customer service. My husband makes enough so that I do not need to work."

Or:
"I mystery shop for fun and extra items I want."

And...others can turn the words around in such a manner. The two shoppers who posted those statements were told they should look for volunteer work and leave mystery shopping to those who needed the money.

Are you serious? How does anyone feel such a sense of entitlement to tell other mystery shoppers why they should mystery shop, tell them to stop caring about customer service and not do it because they enjoy it.

Just because someone does it because they care about customer service or enjoy mystery shopping, DOES NOT mean they are volunteering their time.

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  3:06:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you Pam, I do shop for fun but also for profit. I certainly wouldn't get out on a cold day and take pictures of gas stations for no reimbursement. I am benevolent but not that benevolent. Of course I enjoy the money I make and it lets me purchase items I want. Perhaps some of the advice givers should get back on topic which was the delayed payment and stop telling others how to live their lives.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  3:10:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't tell any one that they should volunteer instead of mystery shopping- I said that is what I would do if I didn't need the money.
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  3:33:02 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know Darlene. I was not referring to you.

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2011 :  07:10:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It looks like this week's payment went smoothly.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

LindaE
Valued Contributor

Billings, MT
USA
203 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2011 :  8:06:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, got last weeks' in bank on Tuesday and this weeks in bank today as expected. Nice learning curve!

LindaE
Go to Top of Page

MattMS
Star Contributor

Genoa, Illinois
USA
360 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2011 :  8:19:52 PM  Send MattMS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
From what I understand, you do not "need" to have a bank account linked to PayPal. When I first signed up for PayPal (probably 7 or 8 years ago at least) I didn't initially enter a bank account. You can get a debit card (I have one I use very regularly) so I could see someone not having a bank account linked, and only using the debit card. Many people still work with cash only, no banks.
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  07:07:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
WOW...There already ALOT of the gas shops taken in my area AND they have NOT been increased AT ALL. Several of these shops have AT LEAST 10 to 12 pumps. That is ALOT of pix and work for only 6.00 each.

Come on shoppers....REALLY!!??!!
New or Not...$6.00 is not even min wage!!!!!

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  06:18:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here we go again with the gas stations located by the Walmart stores. Last night I went to bed and the shops were all back up and $4.00. This morning they have jumped to $20.00 again and still backup so no hope to get them. Most aren't even starting until the end of the month. Last month I signed up as a backup on all of them in my area but of course I didn't get any. Does anyone have any ideas? I find this very frustrating simply because I don't even get a chance to do one a month anymore. Something is very wrong here, very wrong indeed and I can't get a straight answer out of the company. I get the same ole answer of someone just got them before me. Since they were all backup to start with I don't get it. So they have gone from $4.00 backup $20.00 backup. Strange indeed.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  11:32:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue,
For the first time I found that problem in my area too. I emailed the scheduler and asked if I could do a certain amount by a certain time and get 20.00 for each. I even said I would take some "out of the way" shops.

I was told that "due to circumstances with the company, they could not longer offer, what I considered a route."

I asked why SO MANY shops were being alloweed to be scheduled at the end of the month, since the company of the shop would no longer allow shops to be shoped past the last day of every month. I asked what happened if that person did not finish the shops and no one else could do them..since they were scheduled the last couple days of the month.

So ya I think something is going on.
I was told this was no longer going to be alloweed so guess we will see next month.

Is your whole state taken?? I did some research and found Dallas and several miles south were taken, along with around the LA stateline.

Hmmmmm something is going on and wish we could get a straight answer.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums