Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  11:56:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did get the usual email reply that they were just all taken, better luck next month. I don't understand if they were all taken at $4.00 they jumped to $20.00 overnight. I extended my search for 100 miles and still everyone was gone. There is something wrong and they aren't telling us. I do have a friend who is equally frustrated and she has written to Murphy and explained the problem. She got a reply stating they would look in to it and make sure all the shops were being done in the first place. Maybe she stirred some poo-poo, hope so. We shall see.
quote:
Originally posted by MsKim

Sue,
For the first time I found that problem in my area too. I emailed the scheduler and asked if I could do a certain amount by a certain time and get 20.00 for each. I even said I would take some "out of the way" shops.

I was told that "due to circumstances with the company, they could not longer offer, what I considered a route."

I asked why SO MANY shops were being alloweed to be scheduled at the end of the month, since the company of the shop would no longer allow shops to be shoped past the last day of every month. I asked what happened if that person did not finish the shops and no one else could do them..since they were scheduled the last couple days of the month.

So ya I think something is going on.
I was told this was no longer going to be alloweed so guess we will see next month.

Is your whole state taken?? I did some research and found Dallas and several miles south were taken, along with around the LA stateline.

Hmmmmm something is going on and wish we could get a straight answer.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  07:14:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So my payroll did not post again this week. Banks closed Monday for holiday, so Tuesday earliest for access to the money.

Is this a pattern developing?
Go to Top of Page

Brenda E

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  07:26:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mine did posted this morning.
Go to Top of Page

Brenda E

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  08:14:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I meant mine posted this morning. I don't see anywhere to edit.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  11:22:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brenda E

I don't see anywhere to edit.

You can only edit your own posts, but on anything you have written, you should see a paper with a pencil icon just above your entry. It should be the second icon from the left.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Brenda E

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  1:26:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you. Guess I was looking at the bottom of the page.
Go to Top of Page

Cindy1948

Utica, NY
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  4:02:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I look for jobs, everything listed has always and continues to be offered as backup. I do apply and most of the time I get the job. Sometimes I get an email with various businesses listed and when I go to
the site to find jobs, these businesses are not listed. Does this happen to anyone else? On the site that I can access there has only ever been about four different businesses listed mostly gas stations.

Cindy Shepherd
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  4:25:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cindy,
It really depends on where you live and shop.
I live in a big city so have several different shops but there the same as you. Try looking in another city.
I have found that even though I do live in a major city another major city about 3 hours away has some shops my city does not.

Hope this helps.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  4:25:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Something is definitely amiss with this company. I don't know if they are trying to pull a fast one or just plain incompetent but I do know the jobs are not available. I am sick of seeing all the backup shops that weren't even offered as open shops. I wish they would get their act together.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  8:25:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So I am not the only one confused with their job site...what a relief! I see bonus shops on an email, but can't find it on my site. I wish there was some place to search for jobs by job #.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  8:50:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When any other shopper in your area (who might have read the same email a few minutes before you!) puts a job (as in the job you may be looking for) in their shopping cart, that job disappears to everyone else. Even if that shopper does not schedule that shop, it stays in their cart, and invisible to everyone else, for an hour or two, unless they schedule the shop or click on "remove selected" for that shop. Once the shop is scheduled, it again becomes visible to everyone with the big "B" in front and a scheduled visit date.

This may be why you may not see it... because some else has the job(s) in their cart.
Go to Top of Page

MattMS
Star Contributor

Genoa, Illinois
USA
360 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  9:08:33 PM  Send MattMS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Also, if you have the client and job ID, you can do a live chat. Giving the scheduler on the chat the job ID allows them to see if it is available.

Matthew - shopping North Central & North West Illinois
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2012 :  12:57:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There was a deposit in my checking account on Friday (the payee was Stericycle).

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2012 :  04:06:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will say I have used the chat with the job information and the scheduler can tell if it is in someones cart.

One time there was a job I was VERY interested in doing and the scheduler said she would try and contact the shopper to see if he/she was "thinking" about doing the shop....or was going to really do it. That time turned out shopper was doing going to do it, but it kept me from going back several times to see if it was available.

Also little hint......The last week of the month...VERY important...check the site several times a day...increases will come at ALL times during the day and an email will usually follow an hour or so after the scheduler knows her shops have been increased. Dont always wait for the email....the come WAY AFTER the increase has already happened.

hope this helps!!!

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2012 :  07:05:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Once in a while I will see a job on emails daily, but not on my list of shops. The fee rises every day. I will contact the scheduler via Live Chat and she can tell me if it is still available or if there are restrictions on the shop that make me ineligible to do it. I've snagged a few high paying shops that way. I've also been told that a shop was "On Hold" at the client's request. No one's told me why the shops don't show on the site, although I've asked...You think they would figure out that if the shop is paying $50 and no one is taking it day after day, IT MIGHT NOT BE POSTED...Just another one of those Ins and Outs of locating good assignments.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2012 :  09:06:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:

This may be why you may not see it... because some else has the job(s) in their cart.

I was under the impression that this was changed and that now jobs are visible to others until they have actually been accepted by a shopper.

Sandie * MSPA Gold
I have video equipment and love route shopping.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2012 :  11:31:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Haven't heard of that Sandie, but it would be more fair. Otherwise, a shopper could effectively keep a shop locked up by repeatedly putting it back in their cart, until the rate went up.
There's a shopper in my area that I believe does this.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2012 :  11:39:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maybe that is what is happening with the gas shops that jump to $20.00 over night. Maybe I should try that one but then I'm just not greedy enough to do that to fellow shoppers. I would expect others wouldn't do that as well. Excuse me while I adjust my halo.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2012 :  9:25:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here is the problem with "holding a shop till the rate increases"... The shops go up USUALLY only ONE time a day, in the Morning. The only time I have seen them go up during the day is when it is near the end of the month/quarter.

If someone were to "hold" a shop that would mean that person would have to go on the site every 55 min. to make sure to grab it again, because the shops automatically get removed from a cart after 60 min.

So someone would have to be pretty desparate to want to "hold" a shop for maybe a few cent increase. AND NOT ALL SHOPS GET INCREASED EVERY DAY....Sometimes they do...some day they Dont!!!

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Cindy1948

Utica, NY
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2012 :  04:33:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done a recall job for Stericyle? I have one available in my area and just wondering if it is worth the fee offered.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums