Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  5:16:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do you not remember your old ID number???
Cause you can change your email once you sign on.

And Ms Kim is out for awhile....personal reasons

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Karen C
Contributor

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  5:29:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Ms Kim! I just followed the "did you forget your id/password?" link and it asked for my email address. Of course the new one is not in their database. I'll go back to my files and get my ID number and see if I can make that work.

I appreciate your response.
Go to Top of Page

Carmen A

Central, TX
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  1:37:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone recieved their 1099 from this company yet?? ...Had all the other early last week.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  1:41:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not received my 1099 and this is holding up my taxes. Isn't there a law it has to be out by a certain time?

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  3:53:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
From past experience....

it was mailed ON the 31st...I should get mine tomorrow, Saturday the latest.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Carmen A

Central, TX
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  5:01:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
mine arrived today :)
That's what was holding up filing my taxes.... All done now

Carmen
Go to Top of Page

Brenda E

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  6:11:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did you get one from Stericycle, too? I did.
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  7:45:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
so we should be getting 2????

1 from CORI
and
1 from Stericycle

Hmmmmm I thought it was on all on one....I havent looked at mine yet..got it yesterday but hadnt open it yet.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  10:34:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received one 1099 and it wasn't enough to cover what my books say I made. I am wondering if we are going to get another 1099 from when the new company took over. Wish they'd get on the ball they are holding me up!

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Brenda E

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  09:24:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got one from Cori on Thursday of last week and 2 days later one from Stericycle.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  10:40:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received one last week from CoRI but nothing since. My husband has received nothing as well and this is getting frustrating. They are the only company holding up my tax return. Isn't there a low or something about when they have to have them out?

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Jim from PA

Pottsville, PA
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  12:17:52 PM  Send Jim from PA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Karen C

I'm coming back to MSing after a little more than a year's break. I used to do a lot of shops for this provider and was very happy with them and the shops. Ms Kim may remember my newbie questions to her about the gas shops and CoRI in particular! LOL.... I shopped from late spring 2007 through the end of 2010.

I just tried to log in, and since I've changed my email address (and no longer have access to the former one), I clicked on the "sign up as a new shopper" link on the CoRI site to see what options it offered. The link did not work.... I really hope not to have to apply again (other MS providers have just let me change my email address). I want to try the "techsupport@mysteryshops.com" address. Does anyone know if it works?

Since I've seen something about "Stericycle" mentioned, I wondered if contact info for CoRI has changed? I'd like to get back to shopping with them!

Thanks for your insight!

Hey since your year long sabatical, CoRI was taken over by another company. So your password probably changed, I am pretty sure the dummy password was 123456

Jim
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  7:01:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
All 1099s have to be mailed by January 31st.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  04:46:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wrote and asked about my 1099 since I received one and hubby didn't receive one at all. This is what I got a few minutes ago:
Because of the acquisition by Stericycle you may or may not receive a 1099. Even though we have continued under the CRI name, since August, it has legally been another company, Stericycle.
If you earned $600.00 between January1 and July 31, you would have received a 1099 from CRI. These were sent 3 weeks ago.
If you have earned $600.00 From August 1 through December 31st, you would have received a 1099 from Stericycle. These were sent January 31st.
You had to earn $600.00 within these time periods to receive a 1099. If you earned $600.00 for the whole year, you did not receive a 1099.
Records indicate that you should receive on from Stericycle. Please contact me directly if you do not. Thanks so much.

Please do not hesitate to contact me, should you have any questions or concerns.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  4:26:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's terribly confusing. Usually when a company gets bought out, the new company just assimilates anything done that year. Using this logic, Stericycle owes me one, too. Methinks they are late! (not that I have even begun my taxes yet)

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  4:48:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It seems pretty cut and dry to me. It's like we worked for two different companies last year and will get a 1099 from each one if we exceeded $600.00. Now if they would just send the darn thing.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  7:09:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree Sandi. According to Sue's post:

... If you earned $600.00 for the whole year, you did not receive a 1099....

Either this contains a typo and should have read : "If you have NOT earned $600 for the whole year..."

or methinks CoRI/Stericycle can expect a visit from the IRS after too many shoppers complain that no 1099 was provided. Whether a buy-out or merger, the new company entity is still responsible for debts and tax related issues of the previous management.
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2012 :  06:56:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dar-L: 1099 Forms are issued if you received more than $600 from a single legal entity with a unique Employer Identification Number EIN). CoRI and Stericycle are different legal entities and have different EIN's. I agree that Stericycle is responsible for sending out 1099 forms on behalf of CoRI (unless some other arrangement was made as part of the purchase), but they can not combine money paid by CoRI and money paid by Stericycle onto a single 1099 since each 1099 represents money paid by a distinct company with a unique EIN.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2012 :  07:03:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
WOW...WOW that is all I can say about the messed up 1099. I know it is not CORI fault but I have already filed my taxes so that means I get to go through HELL to fix them.

GREAT!!!!!

I am refering to the email I got this morning:

CRI would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but it has come to our attention that the form 1099 that you received from Stericycle was incorrect. We are currently correcting the amounts that need to be reported and issuing new 1099s to all of you. Stericycle will be printing and mailing out the corrected 1099s by the end of next week. Again, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience. We want to make sure that all reportable income is correct.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2012 :  08:39:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Off subject- but there are some cig shops with higher $$. My daughter feels bad when the clerk says the wrong thing and she has to report it. Do u think she just isn't cut out to be a shopper?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums