Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  11:33:13 AM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just rec'd an email from CORI indicating that I'll receive a Paypal payment this Friday, which is great. I haven't worked with them for a while (long MS hiatus) but I was a little surprised to see that I'm being charged a $1.50 processing fee, which is deducted from the overall amount.

Is the processing fee standard?

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified, 2007; IMSC Certified, 2012 (Chicago), 2013 (Atlanta), 2015 (Las Vegas).
Undercover Essentials Video Certified, 2012 and owns PV-500 ECO. Nevada Work card (expires 2020).
Go to Top of Page

CourtneyH

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  11:43:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You have an option to use direct deposit to avoid the processing fee. Many companies that now offer direct deposit are charging a fee of some sort for other payment options to steer us toward their preferred payment option.

Courtney
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  7:56:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They used to pay on Friday for anything completed and proofed by Thursday week before, but a while back they sent out a letter saying would be an extra week in the wait. Harder to keep up with now, but the checks arrive like clockwork. Thanks CoRI !
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2011 :  04:04:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shops completed and accepted by Monday are paid two Fridays later. That's the way I figure it. The cycle is Tuesday through Monday paid the following 2nd Friday. If you do a shop on a Monday, but submit it on Tuesday, you have to wait an extra week for the pay. I like to figure it out so I know exactly what the next DD will be.

Gotta love the way they pay so reliably and quickly!

You should definitely go with DD. Why pay fees for Paypal.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Alan-Texas
Star Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
544 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2011 :  4:19:19 PM  Visit Alan-Texas's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eric in Tampa

Just rec'd an email from CORI indicating that I'll receive a Paypal payment this Friday, which is great. I haven't worked with them for a while (long MS hiatus) but I was a little surprised to see that I'm being charged a $1.50 processing fee, which is deducted from the overall amount.

Is the processing fee standard?

Eric, as it happens, CORI did begin charging the PayPal fee while you were on your MS break. But as Courtney said, they added Direct Deposit as a payment method. And there is no fee for that.

I'm thinking another company added a PayPal fee around the same time that CORI did. I want to say Second To None, but have no clue if I'm right about that. Since you were on a break, it would probably be a good idea to go into your profile for each company to update any outdated information and to see if anything new has been added.

Alan A.
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Dallas / Ft. Worth area since 2005
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2011 :  8:15:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, STN also charges a fee if you don't use direct deposit.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2011 :  05:20:16 AM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Twas the Friday before the weekend, and all through the house. Not a bank account was stirring, not even my Pay Pal account with a click of the mouse.

Oh Cori, Oh Cori, where art thouest direct deposit today?

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified, 2007; IMSC Certified, 2012 (Chicago), 2013 (Atlanta), 2015 (Las Vegas).
Undercover Essentials Video Certified, 2012 and owns PV-500 ECO. Nevada Work card (expires 2020).
Go to Top of Page

TraveLiz
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2011 :  07:02:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mine is in my Ing account this morning.

Liz
Go to Top of Page

RonR
Valued Contributor

San Jacinto, CA
USA
126 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2011 :  10:52:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eric in Tampa

Twas the Friday before the weekend, and all through the house. Not a bank account was stirring, not even my Pay Pal account with a click of the mouse.

Oh Cori, Oh Cori, where art thouest direct deposit today?

I received by direct deposit first thing this morning.

Shopping all of Southern California.
Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2011 :  4:37:19 PM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just rec'd mine....at 4:30 PM today. Joy.

Eric
Go to Top of Page

MisterBill
Star Contributor

NY
USA
261 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2011 :  8:09:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In case anyone was wondering, they lost their CT/NY car wash client. I saw it posted by another company today.

Bill
Go to Top of Page

SueB

Portland, Oregon
USA
47 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2011 :  10:21:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are the fees better in other parts of the country? I've been looking at their shops for month. Right now they are offering $4 for an in person shop with several employee interactions and a web follow-up. Why would anyone do this?

Happily shopping the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2011 :  06:08:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SueB

Are the fees better in other parts of the country? I've been looking at their shops for month. Right now they are offering $4 for an in person shop with several employee interactions and a web follow-up. Why would anyone do this?

The fees are the same here and most people don't take them. I wait for the price to go up. I will not insult myself or my experience as a shopper by working for such a low fee. Wait a few weeks and if they aren't taken you'll see the fee go up. After awhile you know when it's going to go up and they're getting desperate to get the job done. At that time they will pay you what they should have paid in the first place.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

EmilyPWa
Valued Contributor

Willard, UT
USA
168 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2011 :  11:56:46 AM  Send EmilyPWa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
They start out at that fee here too. I just wait also until the fee goes up. But someone in my area has been taking all the $3 gas stations at the $3 every month.

Emily
Now shopping in the Ogden UT area
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  4:56:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just saw that Cori has merged with another company.
After reading the material I have 2 questions.

1 It stated we are now "hourly pay w/or w/out travel"???? UH???
so no more pay by shop???

2 Also went to look at the job board and can not access it--can anyone else???

Thanks for the help
Kim

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

EllenNC
Star Contributor

Raleigh, NC
USA
498 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  5:20:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kim, I can't access the jobs page either. I keep getting an error message.

Ellen
Go to Top of Page

KelliL
Valued Contributor

Placentia, CA
USA
149 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  5:23:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I submitted my last scheduled shop about two hours ago. I just checked back based on the message above, and can not get onto the shop list either.

Will be interesting to see how their merger will work out for the shoppers...........

Happily shopping in North Orange County.
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  5:27:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ya---mergers make me nervous

but I have been working with them for over 5 years and they have treated me well --so I will hope it all goes well.

Only thing is did you read about the "hourly pay" thing???

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1322 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  5:28:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can't see the jobs either.
Go to Top of Page

KelliL
Valued Contributor

Placentia, CA
USA
149 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  5:31:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I see four ways they pay.....and I think the last two (by location, with or without travel) apply to the mystery shops?????? Not sure

Compensation. In consideration for the services to be performed by the independent contractor, fees will be paid to the Independent Contractor based on the following four options: hourly wage with travel fee, hourly wage without travel fee, by location with travel fee, or by location without travel fee.

Happily shopping in North Orange County.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums