Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2012 :  04:55:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree, but the problem is, I took them somewhere to be filed and she wants the form since there is a question in what is correct on the new form. It could be the filing number and not the amount. She said that since I have ALREADY filed and have to fix this one, it is best I wait for the form to make sure everything is right the 2nd time around.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2012 :  04:58:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
YES....I use to have problems. I had to mark it YES each time regardless there was an error. BUT all the gas stations in my state were or are in the process of being sold from the gas name. So now all the gas is the red/blue but the store is NO LONGER that name, they have a different name.

quote:
Originally posted by RonR

Is there anyone else who has had problems submitting reports using Vista when they mark question 4 about the pumps no on the red/blue gas stations?

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2012 :  05:03:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if anyone got their payment with Pay Pal this week?

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

MattMS
Star Contributor

Genoa, Illinois
USA
360 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  09:01:29 AM  Send MattMS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is my understanding, and that of a CPA that my mother used to work for, that you CAN file your taxes without your 1099-MISC. From the IRS website:

When filing electronically taxpayers must provide Forms W-2, W-2G, and 1099-R to the Authorized IRS e-file Provider before the Provider sends the electronic return to the IRS. Providers are prohibited from submitting electronic returns to the IRS prior to receipt of all Forms W-2, W-2G, and 1099-R from the taxpayer. Taxpayers filing electronic returns using a personal computer enter the data from the forms into the electronic filing software themselves. This is similar to the attachment of Forms W-2, W-2G, and 1099-R to the face of paper tax returns. Taxpayers who have not received Forms W-2 from their employers and want to know what to do may obtain information here.

http://www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=97147,00.html

This does NOT Mention 1099-MISC. However, I'll agree it is best to file with the 1099 in hand, from my understanding and what I can find on the IRS website, it is not required so long as you report all income.

Matthew - shopping North Central & North West Illinois
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  10:46:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Matt,
The problem is I ALL READY filed. So the person who did my taxes and going to help me file my admendment, told me I HAVE to have that piece of paper with the exact numbers and not what my records show because it is an admendment. She said that filing an admendment will probably flag my account so I need to make sure all the numbers are correct.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  11:10:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I went ahead and filed with the numbers I had. This company is very frustrating. Not even an explanation of what the problem is let alone an apology. Still no 1099 for me. I hope they get fined for this.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MattMS
Star Contributor

Genoa, Illinois
USA
360 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  12:48:44 PM  Send MattMS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
True, and since they already can't do it right, who knows how good the records will be....

Matthew - shopping North Central & North West Illinois
Go to Top of Page

RonR
Valued Contributor

San Jacinto, CA
USA
126 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  06:49:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was told that the first 1099 sent out included the amounts that we were reimbursed which means it was high. I don't know how accurate they were because they do seem to not be very forthcoming at times. I was also told at Christmas time that the delay of payment was due to a banking switch, not a holiday issue.

Shopping all of Southern California.
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  08:53:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The problem lies with the NEW COMPANY ...NOT with CORI. We must remember that:....

1. CORI paid us ON TIME!!!
2. In that past 6 years I NEVER had my 1099 form late from CORI.

Again....the problem is NOT CORI..IT IS Stericycle!!!

Stericycle should of contacted us and told us about the payment in December and the mess up with the 1099 form....and not leave CORI in the dark as to what happened.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Brenda E

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  08:59:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received my corrected 1099 in the mail today.
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  09:46:00 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got my 4th 1099 from them. 1 + 3 corrections. Really? And the last one was $300 off from the 3rd.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  11:29:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
hmmm I got 2 from Stericyle Monday and it was lower but I was also told that they had to be redone because they did not take the reimbursment out of the first one.

I got one from Cori and it was right and the second one from Stericyvcle was correct.

Wonder why you got so many from Stericycle???

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

CherylEM

Livonia, MI
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  04:00:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not been able to get a job from CORI for almost a month. Every time I try to get a job and choose a date there are no circles for me to click - whether the job is bonused or not. There are only little gray squares or green squares.

At first I thought I was just late getting to the job request, but this is now so consistent that I think something is wrong with the site or me. I attempted about 10 jobs of varying kinds this morning and none of them let me schedule a date.

Anyone else having this problem?

Cheryl

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  08:50:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if anyone normally sees their deposit pending in the checking accounts on Thursday.....
And I was wondering if anyone sees their deposit today??

Thanks for the help.
Kim

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

CherylEM

Livonia, MI
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  4:32:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Regarding my post above, thank you Kim for writing me privately. I actually don't know why this is happening as none of the explanations seem to be helping. However, I am in email correspondence with the company - they responded right away - and hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

MegPie

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  4:53:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kim, I was surprised not to see a payment pending on the website. I have a feeling we will NOT be getting paid tomorrow. It usually shows up on Mondays on the site. My DD doesn't usually hit until Fridays.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  6:42:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sometimes mine shows as pending on my banking site, sometimes it does not. Today, it does not show. I did get the email at the beginning of the week and it does show pending on the CoRI website.

EDITED: My payment was safely deposited today as promised.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Cindy1948

Utica, NY
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  01:32:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cheryl
I had the same problem last week with not being able to schedule a shop. I have not been paid since January. In the middle of January I changed from paypal to direct deposit. It was explained that it can take up to three weeks for bank verification. I have sent various emails and made several phone calls. To date I have not received a payment. The last voice message I received stated my payment would be in this pay cycle. I just checked my bank deposit, it's not there yet. We'll see.
Go to Top of Page

Joan_in_DE

Newark, DE
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  3:29:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CherylEM

I have not been able to get a job from CORI for almost a month. Every time I try to get a job and choose a date there are no circles for me to click - whether the job is bonused or not. There are only little gray squares or green squares.

At first I thought I was just late getting to the job request, but this is now so consistent that I think something is wrong with the site or me. I attempted about 10 jobs of varying kinds this morning and none of them let me schedule a date.

I had similar problems and thought it was their site. I got a quick response from their support team that I needed to use Internet Explorer. I am on a Mac. Microsoft has not made Internet Explorer for Mac since 2003 and Microsoft has not provided any updates or support for Macs since January 31, 2006. I really enjoyed doing their assignments, so I keep trying whenever I get a software update.

Joan_in_DE
Gold kt5fir, Video Certified
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  6:21:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had the same problem with selecting a date and I use IE.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums