Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

BMiddlestead

North Dakota
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  8:15:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm a bit concerned for this company. A major gas station that is as old as a dinosaur disappeared a few months ago. Now, I can't seem to find any shops for a major chain that used to feature blue light specials. The shops are getting scarce in my area and I'm concerned that they lost these two clients. Anybody see these clients pop up anywhere else?

Becky
Shopping ND, SD, & MN
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  04:32:27 AM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I noticed the blue light specials were missing from March. That company is struggling financially and I wonder if this was done as a cost cutting measure. Or it could be as simple as they are making changes to the program. I've also seen less and less of the pizza buffet company and none at all lately, but my local store was destroyed by a tornado so not sure. Couple these with the reduced frequency of others (like the gas station with two names that spilled the oil in Alaska years ago)... yes, it is getting tougher to find work at CRI.

Jon
Shopping all of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida panhandle, most of Tennessee, western Georgia and anywhere else where there's opportunity!
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  05:30:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I to have noticed some shops have gone and chocked it up to someone else getting the contract. I miss the dinosaur shops, especially when you got to purchase gas. In my area they also have the bank shops for the chain owned by the family who owns Walmart. These are no longer there. Except for the gas stations usually attached to a Walmart we don't have much around here anymore. What a shame.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

TraveLiz
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  08:32:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Blue Light specials are back up - pretty much same as usual. I think last month they were a few days later in the month before they came up on the schedule also.

Liz
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  6:06:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am tempted to take the gas station shops that require a photo of each pump as the payment has reached an acceptable level for me. However, I am still reluctant because of the time it might require to get a photo of each pump at a busy gas station. My question to those who have done these - do you only submit full front shots of the pump or have you taken an angle view of the pump that was accepted by CORI? I am thinking that an angle view may be possible if there is a car at the pump that prohibits me getting a full front picture. Otherwise, this could take a long time waiting for each car to leave. Any other hints on getting the pump pictures would be appreciated as well.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

BMiddlestead

North Dakota
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  6:25:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just completed four of them. Pictures = one full of each pump plus close up of any problems. I had a lot of problems so I took a lot of pictures. I waited for each pump to be free which in rural areas isn't bad. There are some other photos required inside and outside as well. Smaller stores can be done in a half hour. Otherwise, expect an hour. You really want the higher fee because the time needed to resize, rename, add the stamp (if necessary) and enter the shop is time consuming.

Make sure you time and date stamp each photo. If not, it will be rejected. If your camera doesn't put the stamp on, download Exifer from http://www.tucows.com/adnload/281273_106644.html It is freeware and fairly easy to use.

Make sure you also note which message is displayed in the pump toppers, pump ears and other signage. They ask when you enter the form. Also note if Credit Card holders are dirty and take photos.

Becky
Shopping ND, SD, & MN
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  7:04:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I strive to get 2 facing pics of each pump, one full, another closeup of the pop/cc holder. I also prefer to get them in order so I don't get them mixed up in report, but that part is difficult. I don't mind waiting, but around these parts some customers will park at the pumps and go inside for 30 minutes or so... Sometimes I grab an angled pic in this case. A few times even then I could not get a clear shot of the entire pump, so I took an upper and a lower. Cori has never kicked on these, but I try not to make a habit of this.

(Before you leave the location, double check to be sure you did not miss any pump!)
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  11:42:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Smaller stores can be done in a half hour. Otherwise, expect an hour.

really? It usually only takes me 30-45 onsite, depending on traffic and how many things there are to note. Only once has it taken excessively long - 70 minutes - and that location had 22 pumps plus was a rest-stop type area where people went inside for food and etc, and I did end up waiting for them to come out to move so I could get the last pump. That was before I'd heard we could do the partials, so it probably would still be only an hour if I re-did it today (which I won't because that location barely hits double digits now and that is not acceptable to me) The stores I usually do have 8-12 pumps to get.

I usually get all the unoccupied ones and scope out the ones with vehicles. If it appears they are almost done, or running inside for a moment but will be right back, then I wait for them to move. If I'm otherwise done and only needing that last pump, partials it is. I think only once have I actually needed to do the pieces, and nothing was said to me. It is definitely nicer to get the pumps in numerical order, but that almost never happens. I've come to really appreciate the stores that have the pump numbers actually on the pumps rather than just on the posts nearby!

I don't generally bother writing down which ads are on the toppers. That is clearly visible in the photos, so I just reference the photo when entering it on the report. I also snap two full shots of each pump so I don't have to waste time checking to make sure nothing is blurry. While one might not be clear, I've never had them both be blurry, and it takes only a few seconds to grab the second shot.

I do agree, however, that rotating, resizing, organizing, etc the photos takes just as long as the site visit. And note that like everything else, the first one or two has the time-eating learning curve.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Carmen A

Central, TX
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  4:13:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I take one picture of the actual pump # (decal or ?) then the actual full pump shot (never a partial, ever). Around here they put the pump # on the side of the pump that would be visible from the store and not on the face of the pump. I only take a second pic of the pump if there is a problem (decals, dirty, empty holder).... Did 2 of these today, one took 18 minutes for 6 pumps, the other took 16 minutes for 4 pumps, but I had to wait for 2 older gentlemen filling up a big diesel truck.

Carmen
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2012 :  09:07:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The $3 gas shops are now listed in my area with $0 reimbursement. I hope this is a mistake.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2012 :  4:32:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
IF the 3.00 shops are for next month....they will fix it by the 6th....when we can do them!!

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2012 :  5:42:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The gas shops still do not show any amount for reimbursement when you look at the details. The instructions still mention the $1 reimbursement for gas and in store purchase. I am reluctant to take any April shops without knowing if the reimbursement will be paid or not.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2012 :  6:16:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
CoRI generally closes for all holidays. This means no updates to the system, even if a few dedicated schedulers may be working during the holiday.
In this case they were likely closed Fri-Sun for Easter holidays, with Friday being Good Friday. I'm sure everything will be updated to everyone's concerns tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2012 :  9:43:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
All of my shops show reimbursement of a MAX of 2.00. These are shops that are assigned to me. Maybe they have to be assigned to you to show reimbursement.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

RonR
Valued Contributor

San Jacinto, CA
USA
126 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2012 :  08:34:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KenASch

The gas shops still do not show any amount for reimbursement when you look at the details. The instructions still mention the $1 reimbursement for gas and in store purchase. I am reluctant to take any April shops without knowing if the reimbursement will be paid or not.

Ken: I've taken many of the gas shops that you're talking about that show no reimbursement on the job details. I've always been reimbursed the same as always.

Shopping all of Southern California.
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2012 :  7:46:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Trying to put in shops and they are not submitting.
Anyone else having problems???

Never mind....its going now.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

KatDunn
Apprentice

Moline, IL
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2012 :  6:00:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have tried six times to submit a gas station audit with 15 pictures, using their picture resizer. I have emailed three times for help and had no response. Every time I try to submit the report it times out and it says "Internet Explorer can not display the page". Any ideas?

Kat Dunn
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  6:19:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are you still having problems?

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  2:16:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by KatDunn

I have tried six times to submit a gas station audit with 15 pictures, using their picture resizer. I have emailed three times for help and had no response. Every time I try to submit the report it times out and it says "Internet Explorer can not display the page". Any ideas?
quote][
"Internet Explorer cannot display the page" would be an indicator of connection problems either on your end or somewhere in the middle, not on CoRI's end. Maybe a timeout with your ISP?/
Go to Top of Page

NikiB

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  2:26:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I tried to submit a shop report today, and when I hit "submit", there was a really long pause followed by an error message. Unfortunately I lost my report and couldn't get it back. I spent a lot of time on that dang report too. This has happened a few times before, and I always had to re-enter the report. By some really strange "stroke of luck", I received an email today with a shop grade of "5" for this report....the one that disappeared! I'm really confused because after I lost this report today, I navigated back to the report entry page, and all the answers were blank. I'm very happy I don't have to redo this report, but a little freaked out. Has anybody else had this happen or know why there have been so many problems with reports disappearing when the submit button is clicked?

Niki
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums