Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  3:00:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. It was a lengthy report and I was not a happy camper when I hit submit and it sat there for a very long time. I then check my my shops and it was shown as submitted. Weird, very weird.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  4:39:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Evidently in your case the report went thru, but you received the error code due only to a confirmation message failure. You got lucky!

Going "back" on CoRI's report pages is totally futile. The schedulers say to "refresh" several times to get "back" but only the blank report comes up. (duh!) Wise to ALWAYS incrementally save your narrative to CutePDF or a word file, BEFORE clicking submit.
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2012 :  07:41:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would check with your scheduler because I have had several reports do the same thing and then get an email saying my whole report did not make it through.

Kim

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2012 :  7:19:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ok....just wondering if anyone else has come across this problem.
While taking photos of the pumps have come across this problem twice now.
Taking pictures and you know everyone is watching you, asked a couple times and a simple answer of "exxon asked me to do this" satisfies the person.
Twice now while taking the pictures, mind you there are anywhere between 16-20 pumps at the locations I do, I come up to someone who is just standing there, not even holding the nozzle, texting sometimes or watching me. I approached this one car and said, "I just need to take a pix and will be out of your way, you nor your car will be in the pix". The guy looked at me and placed himself between me and the pump and said "No, you will wait till Im done." Shocked at how rude he was when saying this, I said ok, and went about taking the rest of the pictures I needed. I then walked backed over to that pump, standing a little off to the side, but he could tell I was waiting. I never said another word. He was done pumping his gas and stood there and said, "so how long ya gonna stand there". I said I would wait till he was done and left before taking the picture. He then says, "I dont think I will be leaving anytime soon." Stunned again at his rudeness, I said, ok, not a big deal, and left and went and sat in my car. (heck it was cooler in there anyway). He finally left 15 min later.
This happened again 2 stations later, but at least this guy left as soon as he finish.

At first I was frustrated but then decieded it wasnt worth it, so I sat in the car and labeled pictures till he left.

I think this heat is getting to some peoples head!!!

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  09:13:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maybe he was a friend of the station owner and thought he was helping his friend from...something? Although the station owners most assuredly know that they are subject to inspections. And who has that kind of time to mess with someone? Oooo! Maybe HE was up to something! Watch yourself out there, Ms. Kim!

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  12:39:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SandiA....
that is why I never argued with him and just said ok, and went to my car. Wasnt worth the extra work to argue with him and it was well over 105 by then. I was hot and irrated with the heat (if I didnt know better, I would say it slows me down more than the freezing cold does. lol)

Anyways, I just dont agrue with customers ....not worth it and if they call the police...just more frustrating for me, so I just walk away.

Thanks for looking out for me though SandiA!!

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  2:29:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Some people are just contrary (nicest word I can find for it!)...If they think they are making you wait, they will take twice as long!

I see it almost every audit too, usually someone just sitting in their car talking or texting....FOREVER!!!
While I strive to be a polite and friendly ambassador in my audits, I just snap the pics FIRST if at all possible, then PR with customers later. Not difficult to blur out license plate numbers at home in the A/C.
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  2:58:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I swear it is the heat!!!

I have gotten to where I put one of those ice clothes around my neck, during certain times of the day. It is a tan color so blends a little my hair but wow, makes a difference when I am out there trying to take pictures of 16-20 pumps.

How many people have thought you were coming up to ask them for money?? or to ask them to take a survey??

Maybe its just me....I do most of my shops in a big city.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  07:27:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OMG.....The website is SO SLOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

UGH!!!!!!!

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

LauraFL

Tampa Bay, FL
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2012 :  5:14:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm having problems getting my report to submit tonight--same old CORI problem where you hit submit and nothing happens.
I admit I'm tired and grouchy, but it is ridiculous for a company as large as CORI to not have a simple "Save" feature on their reports!

Laura
Shopping the Tampa Bay area since 2004
Go to Top of Page

JRossetti

Elgin, Illinois
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  12:10:24 PM  Send JRossetti an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Try doing these in Chicago. What a joke :P 7$ for what could be a theoretical hour on site. You will always wait for every single photo and it pays to go in numerical order because you MORE than save on report entry if your photos are in the exact order you upload.

These used to be gold when you could do them 24/7. I would leave at 10pm and go until morning rush hour. Now my best advice is work in a pair if you can, you will literally be done twice as fast. Or do smaller routes, and do them late at night starting two or three hours before the latest time allowed. It can be such a pain and you get jerk customers who sit in their cars and talk, or worse find out you are there for work and just sit there to annoy you.

I have found that CoRi has NOT given me a hard time for the odd time I simply left after waiting ten minutes for a single pump or someone doing something rude. I snapped a photo of the situation and documented why I skipped it. I've only done that three times so I have no idea what their official policy is. I couldn't see that as being okay on a normal basis and I've done almost 100 of these.

Also, you mentioned the business name AND the shopping company name and that's a no no. If you see this message you should change it. I do that too :P

Joe
Go to Top of Page

Netti
Valued Contributor

Hudson, FL
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2012 :  09:11:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm curious, Joe. Did CORI accept the photos with the car in front of the dispenser? Gosh, I can't tell you how many times that I waited and waited for the car to move, once.....it ended up being an employee who simply "liked" parking at that particular pump.

Silver Shopper - West Coast Florida
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2012 :  3:01:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Too often here, when a pump or dispenser is out of order, the emplyees or mgr park their cars at that pump. I have in the past asked if the employee could move the car so I can get a pic. But if I can get a reasonably complete shot of the overall pump even with a portion of a car/truck in it, I usually just do that.
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2012 :  11:36:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Haven't seen anything regarding payment. Saw posts saying they were paying late (From Feb.). Did this ever get resolved? I know most their jobs are crap, but I found one at a local grocer who can cut down on almost $200 per month on my grocery bill. I want to do them but only if I will get paid. I have done 9 gas station jobs for them in the past.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  03:41:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BrianHanson37

Haven't seen anything regarding payment. Saw posts saying they were paying late (From Feb.). Did this ever get resolved?
Oh yes, that was a one-off. They've been regularly paying weekly as usual since then.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  07:46:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will have to say this is the ONE company that I can trust to pay on time. In the past 6 years I have been working for them I can think of only 3 times that the payment was messed up. The only time there was a delay in payment was end of last year and I dont think CORI even knew it had happened since the new company was the one switching banks.
Bottom line.....CORI is good on their word of payment!!!

Also about the pump pictures.....
This is what I was told. To do all the other pumps and go back to the pump that is blocked. Try and take the best possible picture of the whole pump then take several other pictures closer up to show the pump. You might have to attach the pictures to the bottom of the report. Also you MUST make a comment that you have done this at the bottom of the report...the overall comments, or your report might go on error.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  07:51:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can always look forward to a payment notice coming on Monday. Sure enough it just came just like clockwork. They may not pay much but they always pay on time.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  6:01:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ah, but some of my best paying shops come from CoRi. Their shops are not all crappy. It's the timing that is important!! Plus, they pay like clockwork every Friday.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Carol Beck
Apprentice

Mount Bethel, PA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  10:50:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Had my first problem with CoRI. I did 2 shops for them yesterday. I had not problem entering the report for one of them but I kept getting kicked out of their system while entering the report for the second one.

Then today I get an email saying they can't pay me because I didn't send receipts. I did but apparently they didn't get them. I then get an email that I didn't follow their instructions. Well I thought I followed them but apparently they meant one thing when I thought it meant something else. I have done several shops with returns and this is the first one where you have to walk around the store for at least 30 minutes before purchasing the second item. I never did that because I was afraid the clerk would not remember me when I went to purchase the new item.

Guess I learned something today!
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  3:26:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did the same thing with the same business. Live and learn.

Sue
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums