Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  1:52:39 PM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Carol,

Be careful. They have the online chat during the day and i would use it before you can not shop with them anymore. They can be a big pain, but they have some good paying shops at times. And do not assume the shop is done a certian way because you have done others like it with another company.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

ShanG

Ellenwood, GA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2012 :  12:57:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I apologize if this has been asked before but can anyone tell me why Cori fees are so low compared to the amount of work the majority thir shops require? I've just reviewed some of their retail shops and the amount of info you have to remember seems impossible.

ShanG
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Atlanta Metro Area
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2012 :  1:13:13 PM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just my, but if people are willing to do them at such a low rate, why start off any higher? I have seen some work get pretty high in bonus $$, but not often in my area.
Some of their route work is not too bad. You get a $3 bonus per location when you complete the route. With 100+ stops, it is pretty good on top of the base rate.
However, I got into a friendly battle of words with a fellow shopper once who would take these 2 locations in my area, that paid $3 and had a RB of $1. She didn't care. For me, I don't care if it is right next door to my home or along my daily route, my time is worth more than that.
I do route work with them, but not much more, until later in the month, when the left over shops jump in pay. For me, there is so much merchandising work in my area, I only throw in MS work, when it is worth my while. Just my opinion.

Mark
MSPA Gold Shopper and Professional Merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

ShopperShel

Round Lake, IL
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2012 :  1:29:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do a lot of shops for them, but not until the end of the month when the fees make it worth my while. Some of the shopper fees they offer are, quite frankly, insulting.

Right now there is a car wash shop in my area that, granted, pays a full reimbursement but know what the shopper fee is? TWO CENTS. To me that's insulting. I would take that shop but I won't do it on principle now.

ShopperShel - Gold Certified and shopping all over the Chicago/Milwaukee Metro area!
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2012 :  08:59:07 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
ShanG,

It is your duty as a new shopper to take as many low paying shops as possible. After doing so you will realize you got robbed and then quit. Otherwise just sit back and watch and wait. If you have no paitients but to ask why they pay such small feess, you will not last but a few weeks before fading into the sunset like the rest of them.

Cary
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2012 :  6:44:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
well said Cary!!

been doing this for almost 10 years and took me about 2 years how to figure it all out!!!

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2012 :  7:22:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Around here I see the same ole shops and I tell myself how much I am willing to do the shop for. I then sit back and wait for the fee to go up. If it doesn't go up then that's alright and if it does I grab it. I check every morning and they send me emails telling me when they have raised a fee. Sometimes they get very high, just have to bide your time.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

ShanG

Ellenwood, GA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2012 :  07:41:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cary, thank you for your input but I must say that I am not a new shopper. I have been shopping off and on for the past 8 years but I do not frequent the forums that often. I don't believe that it is a new shopper's duty to take low paying shops. In my opinion if people stop accepting these low paying shops, maybe they will start to increase the fees. People have the right to pick and choose and I choose not to do them... I was simply asking a question....

ShanG
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Atlanta Metro Area
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2012 :  08:48:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShanG

Cary, thank you for your input but I must say that I am not a new shopper. I have been shopping off and on for the past 8 years but I do not frequent the forums that often. I don't believe that it is a new shopper's duty to take low paying shops. In my opinion if people stop accepting these low paying shops, maybe they will start to increase the fees. People have the right to pick and choose and I choose not to do them... I was simply asking a question....

I'm fairly certain he was being a smarty pants. Most of us on here agree that the low fees are due to people being willing to do the work at ridiculous prices. As he said, it is primarily new people who accept the jobs without realizing how absurd the pay:work ratio is. It's not their "duty", they just don't know any better. They quickly burn out and fall by the wayside or wise up and stop accepting them, but then additional new people come in behind them, so the company keeps making money by not paying big fees. When the inexperienced are not around, the prices go up and the rest of us then step in to accept them at reasonable rates.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2012 :  6:46:03 PM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Relax, it was just a cynical moment. I have been watching the fees go down for a few years now. Fortunately I do not shop much anymore and only pick up shops when I feel like going somewhere. But what I said is actually more true than you may know. I have picked up hardware store shops for this month that were paying $20+ but some newbie has picked up the next month shop for $4. I get a kick out of knowing they will get home and eventually realize that they paid money to work for someone. It happens about every two or three months, and then towards the end of the month they get posted because the shopper gave up and cut their losses.
I would say I do about 10 shops a month now and turn down more than I can imagine. I hate turning down high paying shops but they just dont fit into my schedule that often.

Cary
Go to Top of Page

RonR
Valued Contributor

San Jacinto, CA
USA
126 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2012 :  4:15:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone get the payment email this week, dated 9/24, that said we we to expect this week's payment on or about 9/21. I know it should say 9/28, but isn't that the type of mistake that we would have a shop rejected for? Just thought it was funny. I usually catch these things quicker.

Shopping all of Southern California.
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  10:40:47 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a payment yesterday. Have to say payment is the one issue I have never had from these guys.

Cary
Go to Top of Page

ShopperShel

Round Lake, IL
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  4:11:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone know what we are supposed to do if a location is permanently closed?? I have never had this happen in the 10+ years I have been doing this, and with the CORI system you have to submit receipts before you can get anywhere else. Of course I don't have any since the location is closed. Should I just put the pics of the closed permanently sign there?

And yes, I did email them but it's beyond working hours and the chat is also closed. I don't want to leave it hanging unsubmitted because then it will be late.....

ShopperShel - Gold Certified and shopping all over the Chicago/Milwaukee Metro area!
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  4:34:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would put in a picture of the closed location as a receipt or you can save a note with, This location is Closed, as a jpeg.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

RonR
Valued Contributor

San Jacinto, CA
USA
126 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  5:20:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I usually submit a picture of the closed site as a receipt. I would guess that a picture of the closed sign would work too.

Shopping all of Southern California.
Go to Top of Page

CherylEM

Livonia, MI
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2012 :  7:01:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
CORI seems to have some very HIGH PAYING gas shops in the Detroit area - is this an error? Don't remember what I can and cannot post here, but the shops are starting at $25.00, and all of course have already been taken. . .

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2012 :  1:19:24 PM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you are referring to the gas station audits, that was a mistake and they have been removed. I was offered a few routes but could not quit my job at the time.

Cary
Go to Top of Page

CherylEM

Livonia, MI
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2012 :  6:18:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I actually don't know what they were. I went to the job description and that was pretty minimal. But you are right - they are removed now.

Cheryl

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2012 :  8:55:05 PM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I saw that too.... would be a nice gig to have, but very committed....

Cary
Go to Top of Page

NikiB

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2012 :  9:31:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello! I was assigned a dine-in fast food shop this evening. I arrived at the location well within the allowed time frame, and the location was closed. There was a sign on the front door stating that they closed early due to a staff Christmas party. I took a photo of the sign, overall location photo, etc. This shop had a nice fee (payment) attached to it so I was kind of disppointed. Does CRI still pay the full shop fee if the location is closed due to some type of circumstance that is beyond the shoppers control? If not, what do they pay? Would they ordinarily place the job back on the job board for a re-shop, and if so, can the "orginal" shopper (ie: me) still apply for it? I checked CRI's website and couldn't find any info about this and know that different companies do things differently, but I haven't run into it before. What have others experienced with CRI in these circumstances? Thanks for any info!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums