Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

RoseS
Contributor

IL
USA
60 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2012 :  07:50:51 AM  Visit RoseS's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
^Most likely. I performed a photo audit for a restaurant, but when I arrived, the restaurant was gone. I still got paid the full fee, but I had to contact CORI to explain the situation.
Go to Top of Page

Joyce in Maine
Valued Contributor

Maine
USA
123 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2012 :  6:18:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone having any luck getting jobs to go in --- I am getting the time out for a gas station with 10 pumps -- any ideas on how to get it go thru --- I did see the posting on their main page.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2012 :  6:43:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What does it mean when I do a 100 mile search and there are "no jobs available?" I have over 50 jobs and my rating is 5. Anyone else not seeing jobs? Are they pulling a Market Force and deactivated me?

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2012 :  8:14:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Try again. Mine said that when I first pulled it up, but it is working now.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2012 :  8:43:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sandi - it's working now.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

ChrisS
Contributor

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  10:57:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is CoRI no longer sending out e-mails informing of commissions going up? I used to receive one of those every morning, but haven't received one now for about 3 weeks. I don't want to spend the time qualifying for a project only to find it only pays $5.

Thanks,

Chris

Providing merchandising and related services to Southeastern Indiana.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  11:17:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been wondering about that, too. I've also not gotten any notices since the beginning of the year except for ones the schedulers have individually sent.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
291 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  11:50:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Same with me. No more messages recently.

I'm a software engineer. Their system blows, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I love how they put on their main page that they are having problems and you just have to bear with them and keep re-trying. If they weren't so cheap and would do it right, this wouldn't happen. There are 2 proven companies that have basically mastered software for the industry (sassie and prophet). While it might be cheaper in the long run to develop your own and customize it, why not leave the system design to the people who know the industry. There are an extremely limited few companies that have developed their own systems and done a great job with it.

I can't stand that you cannot sort their job list by company. Or you cannot select to filter out and NOT see backup assignments. I don't like that you cannot save your work mid-stream (like you can with Sassie/Prophet) and return to it later.

If these things are possible, I haven't take the time to figure it out the nuisances of their system, but then I really don't care too.

I love how they have jobs that are due "immediately", but if you go to select them, the "date box" has no dates available for selection. It's just a very hokie setup all the way around.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2013 :  06:59:33 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
"I love how they have jobs that are due "immediately", but if you go to select them, the "date box" has no dates available for selection. It's just a very hokie setup all the way around."

This happens when a job is either due to the client right away or there is another shopper scheduled to do the job and they need to rearrange the schedule. They want to enter the schedule date themselves for these jobs. Calling them is the only way to get one of those jobs scheduled.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2013 :  09:17:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Ms Kim, for letting us know the schedulers were locked out. The job I did last Wed has still not been approved and I was starting to get concerned that maybe I had done something wrong.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2013 :  9:17:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree they need a "save" option. Those home improvement shops are long and if you accidentally hit "return" on the wrong line, the entire report got wiped out. Yes, I was clumsy and hit it three times!!! If I could save it by sections like sassie, that would save me a lot of time.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
291 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2013 :  12:49:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If they "watch" this site, then maybe we'll all be de-listed for complaining about them. That other company has managed to rid themselves of quite a few shoppers. Maybe these guys will do the same.

Just another absurdity, but they have a shop posted for $4.00 pay. It is now the 15th of the month. So they increase it 20 cents. No one took it. Now they increase it 9 more cents. $4.29. I wonder who the genius is behind these decisions. I can see them thinking "Well, we can't get a shopper for $4, but I think $4.20 will really entice them." "Oops, that didn't work, let's add 9 more cents and then someone will jump on it."

I know this company has some pretty big clients and pays on time, but the way they are run in comparison to some of the other giant companies in the industry just amazes me. Every company has their little quirks, but this one has to be the KING of lunacy.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2013 :  7:32:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Their rates are generated by computer. The system averages the cost to get a particular location done in the past, and 'predicts' what it will take to get it done by deadline.

So if shoppers regularly do a certain location for base or low pay, the pricing system is not likely to increase that location much until close to deadline.

(Thank you all who grab shops at base just because they are "on your route anyway"!)
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
291 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2013 :  12:05:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I understand it's an algorithm. I'm a software engineer. I think it could be coded much better. Their software in general leaves much to be desired. Only a handful of the big companies that have their own software have done a very good job with it. CRI is a good example of a company that should stick to what they know (MS) and pay for what they don't know (software). Sassie and Prophet have provided a great service to the industry and many companies use them because they realize they know nothing about software and are not going to put a subpar product out there and make everyone struggle that tries to use it.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2013 :  07:57:57 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Just another absurdity, but they have a shop posted for $4.00 pay. It is now the 15th of the month. So they increase it 20 cents. No one took it. Now they increase it 9 more cents. $4.29. I wonder who the genius is behind these decisions. I can see them thinking "Well, we can't get a shopper for $4, but I think $4.20 will really entice them." "Oops, that didn't work, let's add 9 more cents and then someone will jump on it."

It is funny that this is a continual complaint about CoRI. Patients pays off for me. Sit back and wait.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
291 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2013 :  11:36:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, patience paid off well tonight. A shop that starts at $4 fee was $30 fee and i jumped on it (dining experience). I love those even though you have to fight thru the archaic software to report the shop.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

LAlao
Star Contributor

LA
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2013 :  05:04:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't shop much for this company anymore since the covert mystery shops are now announced audits. But I remember a few years ago Cori had said (email or on the website, I don't remember) that they would be making some improvements. One being the ability to see the shop fees before taking the time to study, test and quallify for the shop. I was excited! That never happened.
Go to Top of Page

BKBerger
Valued Contributor

Porterville, CA
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  8:33:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisS

Is CoRI no longer sending out e-mails informing of commissions going up? I used to receive one of those every morning, but haven't received one now for about 3 weeks. I don't want to spend the time qualifying for a project only to find it only pays $5.

Thanks,

Chris

I held out on a $40 shop in December, and it never increased.

I held out too long, and it was gone....

The board shows all Jan shops completed in my area and I am NOT doing $4 or $6 shops.

Brian
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
291 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2013 :  11:03:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay, so I am getting the automated commission increase e-mails again. However, the shops are not available. One (of the many) irritating things about this company is that you cannot filter assignments. I haven't taken their tests for many of their clients. I don't want to see those shops at all. I also do NOT want to see backup assignments. Maybe I'm just dumb and haven't figured out how to search for a particular shop type on their site. Sassie is so much better because you can sort by company and they don't show you shops already assigned to someone else.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2013 :  06:01:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do not see the sewing shops or hardware. Don't they do them anymore?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums