Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  04:00:08 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I noticed they were not posted this month. Maybe they are reworking the shop itself... I have often seen a break when they want to make a major change in the program. I Hope

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1709 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  05:02:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are the gas station facility inspections (Branded Wholesaler)worth the money paid? I will try a few.
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  09:01:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MCBarb, they are worth it if over a certain dollar amount. They take a minimum of 15-20 minutes on site, plus 5-10 minutes reporting (depending on how comfortable you are with digital pics) and up to 15-20 pics, sometimes more if there are a lot of pumps at the station. With all this factored in, I will not do them for less than $18 + $2R.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  11:36:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know this has been addressed before, but it still seems very odd to me. A $4 shop fee has been raised to $4.06. I know it's done via their software, but I'm a software engineer and would think they would find a better way to do this. I mean what logic are they using to think that someone was waiting for this shop to increase to $4.06 to finally take it? They are just being lazy or cheap or a bit of both. Put in the extra effort and re-write the code so that it is logical.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Cheri_P

NC
USA
36 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  07:04:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else having problems with them?

It seems that every shop I do for them, they make up a problem so they can refuse to pay (I included the original receipt for my exchange/return with the shop receipt).

I end up having to point out what they miss.

I'm getting tired of their shops as it's happened several times now.
Go to Top of Page

CherylEM

Livonia, MI
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  07:05:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is it really possible to chat with them on Saturdays?

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

CherylEM

Livonia, MI
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  07:24:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Re Saturday contact: I just got someone by phone and was able to take care of my question.

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2013 :  07:46:54 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I never do return shops. Learned my lesson before.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2013 :  11:09:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cary in Cincy

I never do return shops. Learned my lesson before.

Right? It's like doing 2 shops for one fee!

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2013 :  7:55:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did two purchase/return shops and both were accepted and graded - 5. No problem at all.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Netti
Valued Contributor

Hudson, FL
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  07:01:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Silly me. I look forward to working with them. I've never had a late pay date and live chat works for me :) Each time that I've contacted them, they have always been generous with their time and have awarded me jobs that I shouldn't be taking because of the time element since I last worked it.

Unfortunately, the situation with the myst shop and audit for the gas station's, I imagine is beyond their control. The turnover in cashier's positions is unbelievable. You see them once and the next time, they have left the employment.

I can not see the reason why there is a three-month hiatus for each auditor. I assume it is the criteria established by the oil company.

Silver Shopper - West Coast Florida
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  06:57:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The restriction is listed in the training. I don't remember seeing it in the instructions, but if you put it in your cart before your rotation period is over, you will not have available days to select. A scheduler may be able to override that if it is a reshop, I don't know. I think the hiatus is only a 60-day period, though, not three months, if it is a location that gets audited every month. I don't recall the rotation for the quarterly ones, but I know you cannot do it twice in a row. Even if it is overdue and you would now be eligible, there must be someone else who does it between your visits regardless of how long it has been.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  06:59:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cary in Cincy

I noticed they were not posted this month. Maybe they are reworking the shop itself... I have often seen a break when they want to make a major change in the program. I Hope

They were taking so long to come back that I asked a scheduler. She said yes, they still have the jobs and yes, they are just being reworked and should be reposted again soon.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

MattMS
Star Contributor

Genoa, Illinois
USA
360 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  07:41:15 AM  Send MattMS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Netti,

You mention that there is a very high turnover, and you never see the same cashiers. In my area, at least, this is true if I go towards the Chicago Suburbs/Chicago area. However, most of the ones out in the "boonies" have a very low turnover. I know some cashiers at these gas stations personally who have worked there 8/10 years or more.

Matthew - shopping North Central & North West Illinois
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2013 :  02:14:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The home improvements shops are back on and have been revamped. Each location now has several shops per month instead of one.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2013 :  6:09:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
And the bad news is...we have to qualify all over again.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2013 :  6:34:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anything actually changed?

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2013 :  09:44:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TinaMarie

And the bad news is...we have to qualify all over again.

But on the other hand Tina, I actually passed the qual test on FIRST TRY! Never, EVER before have I accomplished THAT with CORI!

New format looks like an improvement to me, especially in the stores in my area. No more running and chasing associates to get greet interactions! No more observed checkout.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2013 :  09:51:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I found the test easy except they say in the instructions you interact with 2 employees when it is actually 3 counting the cashier. These should be easier to do, hope so.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MaryLo37

Cookeville, TN
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2013 :  9:13:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
has anyone done one of these yet? I did one and The one question what dept did you shop. I clicked on it the choices did not have the dept I had to shop I probably will get a response about that.Not sure if their forms are right yet. It was easier than I thought it would be.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums