Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Bill Kapelli
Star Contributor

Kissimmee, FL
USA
281 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  12:04:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OK, I have what may be a foolish question, but here goes. When I try to choose a date to conduct a shop, I frequently cannot choose one, even if the date is within the "three-day window." Do I single-click on the date of my choice, or double-click? It doesn't always happen, so I am at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for your help!

Bill Kapelli
MSPA Gold Certified
Kissimmee [Metro Orlando], FL
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  1:34:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bill, sometimes there simply are not dates available within the 3-day window. If the required rotation period between the last shopper's visit and the visit you are trying to select has not yet been completed, you are not able to pick a date no matter how many times you click it. I think you should be allowed to pick from the first 3 "green" dates, but they didn't ask my opinion. It is normally just a single-click.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  4:14:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bill, don't waste your time applying LOGIC to their hokie setup. It is ILLOGICAL. Their system is antiquated and probably the WORST of all the major shopping companies out there. This is something I expect from the smaller companies. Even in COBOL (an antiquated language), you can do date checks and forecast when the next available date should be. So if they have to maintain a specific rotation, that is easy to code based on the last date done.

There are very few companies that have done a solid job with their own software. Obviously "the force" has a very good system for "in house." I find most of these companies have no technical expertise and they are trying to develop something they do not have the ability to do. they are at the whim of whoever they pay to do the work for them.

Technology is rapidly changing and if not well thought out and designed, it can become archaic quickly. That is why I maintain that it is smarter and easier to pay people who are experts to do what they do. I don't try to do my own taxes because the laws change so much year to year and even though it costs me a little more to pay someone else, I have the peace of mind of knowing they're done correctly. I am not paid to stay on top of the loopholes and law changes. I think of CoRI as the person who doesn't want to pay Turbo Tax or another company software to do taxes and would rather do the forms all themselves and hope it's done correctly because they are trying to save a couple dollars in the process. CoRI should stick to what they know best. Technology certainly is their weak point.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

EliseSm
Valued Contributor

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2013 :  01:11:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would be bored out of my mind if EVERY COMPANY HAD THE SAME SOFTWARE! I like Cori's website, and I never have problems putting in reports for them.
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2013 :  01:27:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What is their to like about their software? Forcing shoppers to use only 1 browser is not a benefit. Hiding shop fees unless you've bothered to take test and be "qualified" to do a shop is not a benefit. How do I even know if it's worth taking the time to read/pass the quiz? Show the shop fees and people might be interested in taking the necessary steps to qualify for one of their clients.

I guess I don't understand the "boring" part. I don't come to CoRI to be entertained. There are many companies that use Sassie. They don't bore me. I am very familiar with Prophet too. It doesn't bore me. It just makes more sense to have "standardized" format so that the workers (us shoppers) don't have to learn the nuisances of each system.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1710 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2013 :  6:38:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone else having trouble logging in?? I cannot login at all.
Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2013 :  8:07:47 PM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MCBarb

Anyone else having trouble logging in?? I cannot login at all.

I can't even get the website to load at all...
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2013 :  12:52:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Angela,
Where are you shopping? I know that the ones that are around me can be reached without using the toll road.

As for paying tolls.....I have only known one company who pay the tolls but their shops are also low in pay.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2013 :  1:02:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Market Force will pay toll.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1710 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2013 :  4:10:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There was a storm last night and the power went out. That was the problem with the website.
Go to Top of Page

MattMS
Star Contributor

Genoa, Illinois
USA
360 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2013 :  4:41:17 PM  Send MattMS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Every company I shop for with the exception of CORI will reimburse tolls if the shop is only reachable by toll when I ask for that reimbursement. (They don't offer it up front, but I'll ask and get it added.)

I've even been able to get tolls paid on routes before for shops that are not only accessible by tolls, but to get the route done.

For CORI I just make sure the fee is high enough.

Also, if you can't find a shop and think it might be on the toll, try the states tollway webpage. I know in Illinois the Illinois Tollway site has the address and business located at each oasis.

(And in IL the location are technically accessible without getting on the toll, but it's illegal unless you are a worker, and if you get caught I'm not sure the fine, but in IL I'm guessing it's rather large!)

Matthew - shopping North Central & North West Illinois
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2013 :  05:43:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ya gotta wait till they bonus.
quote:
Originally posted by MsKim

Can someone PLEASE explain to me HOW anyone can MAKE any MONEY or JUST COME OUT EVEN doing a group of gas shops for 7.00. All thes locations have AT LEAST 14 pumps EACH!!!

I know this area the gas price is lower than others,(3.39)right now, but REALLY?????

It is just SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MattMS
Star Contributor

Genoa, Illinois
USA
360 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2013 :  05:06:07 AM  Send MattMS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
All,

I tried a search with no luck. Probably because I only have my phone right now.. How can I get ahold of someone today? I had a Friday shop that accidentally forgot about and since I worked yesterday didn't notice until just now.

Any ideas?

Matthew - shopping North Central & North West Illinois
Go to Top of Page

LauraFL

Tampa Bay, FL
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  1:43:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not been able to access the site all day. Is this happening to anyone else?

Laura
Shopping the Tampa Bay area since 2004
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1710 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  05:53:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hear you on that!! Here, they sit on the baord til they are bonussed a bit. They take long time to do.
Go to Top of Page

Netti
Valued Contributor

Hudson, FL
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2013 :  11:07:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They just initiated, thanks to Theresa, a new, "change date" link. Basically, you can re-schedule yourself.

Applaud Applaud

Silver Shopper - West Coast Florida
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Baker
Valued Contributor

Evansville, IN
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2013 :  07:41:14 AM  Visit Ms.Baker's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am sooooo furious with this company at the moment... I started a shop, but couldn't complete it... so I contacted support, followed with replies to two emails stating the problem.

And the response for my three requests for guidance????

They lowered my rating one point because the report wasn't done. Of course, there was no response to my contact to support or either email.

Why should a shopper contact support or reply to emails if they aren't going to provide guidance to shoppers?

Do other shoppers get responses to email requests or get responses when they contact support? This was my first time to contact support. The only other issue I had with this company, I contacted the "contact person"... who said I should contact support?

If the contact person is no help and support is no help... doesn't that leave the shopper a bit stranded.

I realize mystery shoppers work at the mercy of MSC's and schedulers, but when you ask for help and get nothing?????

I just to edit and add, Cori notified me that my four communication to them was the first one they received.

So, apparently, shoppers, you need to know that using the submit button to support or in reply to their notifications on their site is not working... so don't use it to contact Cori via their site...

Just another classic example of ..."It is ALWAYS the shopper's fault"

Shopping the Tri-State area
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  05:20:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They told me I needed to get a receipt in by 8:00 am to be paid. Now their site is down. I'm getting really fed up with this bunch.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1710 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  06:06:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am so glad I read these posts. I have not been able to login so I thought they deactivated me.
Go to Top of Page

MisterBill
Star Contributor

NY
USA
261 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  8:55:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MsKim
Cori....we will miss you and wish there was something we the shoppers could do to keep you!!!

Yes, I feel bad for them. But their policy of only being able to schedule a shop 3 days in advance still bothers me. Fortunately, there is only one client that I do for them, and it often costs them more because if I could schedule earlier in the week for the weekend, the rate would not have had a chance to go up further before I could schedule.

Bill
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums