Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Bill Kapelli
Star Contributor

Kissimmee, FL
USA
281 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2013 :  04:14:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MisterBill / MsKim, I agree with you 100%. In light of today's gas prices, it is simply unrealistic to assume that shoppers will not want to combine as many shops as possible into a single trip, and not being able to schedule further than two or three days in advance really does a disservice to shoppers, the MSC, and the client. Just a short time ago, they finally began to allow limited rescheduling, so that will provide some help, but, overall, they need to allow a more flexible scheduling system.

Bill Kapelli
MSPA Gold Certified
Kissimmee [Metro Orlando], FL
Go to Top of Page

MisterBill
Star Contributor

NY
USA
261 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2013 :  7:24:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MsKim

Bill,
I have been making that same comment/request for YEARS!!!

One of their schedulers recently told me that they could schedule it for me further out if I asked but I had complained about it when they first implemented it and they never told me that they'd do it, and they're so bad about responding to email that it wouldn't really matter. I guess there will be new people to ignore our emails now.

Bill
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  1:08:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well said, Angela!
Couldn't of said that any better!

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  3:20:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The IRS says that it costs $0.55 to drive each mile (includes repairs, gas, depreciation, etc.). I use that rate on my income taxes (Schedule C) when I report MSC income and expenses. So for a route of 100 miles, the aggregate pay for all shops has to be $55 just to cover auto expenses. Then I have to be paid for my total time. If you are not calculating driving expenses at $0.55, then the IRS must be very happy with you since you are paying more taxes than you should be. Of course, the out-of-pocket gas expense is "just" $14 for me [(100 miles / 25 miles per gallon} x $3.50 /gallon], but what about that 100 miles share of the next oil change, set of tires, tune up, etc. Don't sell yourself short.

Of course, your goal is to set up a route where it pays to do the shop which is 50 miles away. I have never been offered enough to do a single isolated shop which is 50 miles away (except for the $200 I was offered to shop a Rolls Royce, which I declined for other reasons).

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  4:59:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually, the 2013 rate is 56.5 cents per mile. That 200-mile trip cost $113 per the IRS. So no, $30 is not going to cut it.

I try to build the routes so that the fees at least equal the number of miles. That way, when the mileage is taken out, there is still profit left over. Not always fabulous profit, but something. It usually averages out with some of the local shops that get bonused but don't have as much mileage.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  7:39:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandi G - Thanks for posting the new IRS rate. I had not been aware of the increase. This only makes the hurdle for a reasonable fee even higher. Those who focus just on the price of gas and miles/gallon are really cheating themselves.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2013 :  11:04:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
  • The lights and signs shops had a link to reschedule them when they were in my assignment list so I know they DO allow it.
  • The pool store tells you in the instructions that it cannot be changed.
  • The home improvement store can be changed but apparently not if it is within X number of days of being due to the client. I think she might have said if it were "due to the client that week" then it was restricted. Since they seem to be doing them every two weeks, that does not leave much of a reschedule window. That's the only one I've attempted to reschedule, and the scheduler still had to do it for me since it was too close.
  • I have a royal FF place scheduled for tomorrow, but I do not see a reschedule link on the page. I think the available dates only listed options for this week, so perhaps it also falls into the not-when-nearly-due caveat.

I don't know if that actually helps or not.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

ChrisS
Contributor

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2013 :  07:09:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
10,000 reports? Ouch.

For the last week or so, I've not received any e-mails informing of commission increases again. I for one am hoping they don't abandon their gradual commission increases through the month.

Like Angela & Harvey said (thanks for the calculations!) many of these shops aren't worth doing financially just because of the drive time and mileage involved. It's about 60 miles round trip to the nearest sizeable town, so I typically figure my break even point is about $1 for every mile driven after figuring in mileage and drive time (my time in the car is worth something too, not to mention printing costs and time to review shop materials).

Thankfully, I rarely do this as anything but supplemental income, or as a way to pay for gas or get a meal when I'm already headed in that direction to run errands anyway. I don't know how you "full-timers" do it with gas at $4 a gallon and the shrinking pay that is offered by many companies.

Providing merchandising and related services to Southeastern Indiana.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2013 :  07:38:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
For the last week or so, I've not received any e-mails informing of commission increases again. I for one am hoping they don't abandon their gradual commission increases through the month.
Commissions are still going up, though, Chris, they just aren't sending the emails. I happened to check the other day since a scheduler (different MSC) was begging for assistance in a somewhat-nearby town but couldn't pay enough to make the drive worth it. I'd not gotten any commission increase notices, but there were 3 jobs in that area up to $30. They were only $15 last email (on 5/30).
quote:
I have just been told they MAYBE on the beginning of the 3rd week of MAY, meaning the editors just started editing the 3rd week of May!

Odd. The last shops I did for them (prior to those completed yesterday) were May 20-22, and I did 5 shops for 3 different clients. All of them were graded by the end of the week, and I've received notice that pay for them should be in my account tomorrow. I don't have any idea how many reports they get, 10K might still be how many they have left, but unless I was just special , they are not really *weeks* behind. Perhaps they are a little behind and wanted to make it seem like a bigger issue to buy themselves more time?

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

Vincent442
Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2013 :  11:43:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
More problems with this MSC
I inquired about receiving reimbursement for having to upload receipts and photos lost due to a server error on their end. I received the standard CRI email threatening non payment for an issue that in this that was no fault of my own and entirely that of the MSC and said equipment.

Also I recently completed a gas station shop for them and was denied payment due to having purchased a lottery ticket. I inquired what the problem was given that the purchase requirement is only $1 and was told that a purchase of a lottery ticket was "unprofessional in appearance" as the reason for the prohibition. Of course many of these gas stations are limited service and only sell items such as cigarettes,lotto and lighters all of which run $5 or more except for the lotto tickets.

I want to go to the MSPA regarding this issue as well as the continuing issues that this company has in regards to overall treatment of shoppers. I am only reporting the proverbial 'tip of the iceberg' with the long history of issues that I have had with this company.

Bear in mind I've worked 10+ years with over 25000 shops performed, have MSPA gold certification so I have a good basis for comparison here. Any thoughts, suggestions here??

Vince

Shopping So Cal from the desert to the sea and from Kern County to the MX border

Vincent
MSPA Gold
Shopping since 2001
Shopping from Kern County to the Mexican border."from the desert to the sea and all of Southern California".
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  10:20:06 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
OMG!!!! Some new shopper has snatched up about 20 hardware shops(the next two rounds) at $4.00 apiece. They are going to be soooo not happy when they realize they are working for about half of the minimum wage.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1886 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  10:31:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't do a phone shop for $4, let alone drive somewhere and do a less-than-wonderful scenario. What are these people thinking?

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  11:54:54 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
They think the fastest wins. I would rather lose.

Cary
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2013 :  7:57:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am really puzzled, too, that someone took the $4 shops, when there are several $20 plus home improvement shops. What were they thinking? Never mind, who cares...I got the $20 shops!

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2013 :  8:19:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Anni

Don't select their ice cream FOOD shops. It turns out that instead of buying food, as posted, the instructions change the food shops into ice cream TREAT shops (which are totally different shops)! Kind of like false advertising!

Had several of those recently. Wrong job descriptions, wrong report page, wrong directions. Someone dropped the ball.

ALWAYS print out the instructions! Saved me twice, got paid for doing what the instructions said, but had to email the instructions to scheduler to verify.
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  05:55:40 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
and YEP someone was planning on doing them for 4.00!!! Then about 5 days after the round started .....BANG they were back on the board!!

And when I checked the other day, all the shops were available again. I guess since the shopping period had not started yet they were able to dump the shops without penalty. At least they won't be able to pick them up again during this period.

Cary
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2013 :  7:12:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Vincent--If a company is not a member of the MSPA, they cannot help you. I imagine CoRI is, but I'm just sayin'. Also, you have to think about where the MSPA gets their money. The companies pay the fees for membership, so when the chips fall you can imagine who gets the bulk of them!

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

MelissaBo

Beatrice, Nebraska
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2013 :  10:23:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else missing their direct deposit today from CoRI? It says on the website that its been sent, but its not in my account. I've never had a problem getting my payment before, didn't change bank accounts and got a direct deposit from another company today, so I can't figure out what is the problem!

Melissa

Melissa
Go to Top of Page

AngelaN
Valued Contributor

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2013 :  11:07:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, several others are missing their DD payments too. I had switched to Paypal awhile back and I did get paid today.
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
291 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2013 :  12:21:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Eric Gillece (Client Manager) just sent an email saying it should be resolved by Monday the 24th.

Micah
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums