Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  5:34:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, that was a surprise! I was on the job board about an hour ago, but cannot get to it now. After reading and agreeing to all the new paperwork, the Find Jobs link says:
ADODB.Recordset error '800a0e79'
Operation is not allowed when the object is open.
/shoppers/availableshops.asp, line 131

quote:
It stated we are now "hourly pay w/or w/out travel"???? UH???
so no more pay by shop???

I think the 4th option ("by location without travel fee") would be the usual by shop payment.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  5:36:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KelliL

Compensation. In consideration for the services to be performed by the independent contractor, fees will be paid to the Independent Contractor based on the following four options: hourly wage with travel fee, hourly wage without travel fee, by location with travel fee, or by location without travel fee.

That is the section I am talking about. I cant think of the company but they wanted me to work hourly for shops and I wouldnt do it. It came out to like 5.00 an hour.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  5:38:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ok sandi
that make sense!!!!

I bet the hourly jobs might be the new companies jobs---

which we would know if we could see the job board ---lol

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  7:29:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love the work at Stericycle (formerly RQA), but it is vastly different than CORI. This should be interesting...

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  7:48:16 PM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hope they get these growing pains worked out or no one will be doing any shops...

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

NinaNY
Contributor

Westchester County, NY
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2011 :  03:52:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ValricoConnie

I love the work at Stericycle (formerly RQA), but it is vastly different than CORI. This should be interesting...

I'm with Connie. I've been doing jobs for Stericycle (formerly RQA) for over a year and will take whatever jobs I can. I'm just hoping thatthis merger won't affect my ability to snag what jobs Stericycle offers in my area now that they've added CORI's shoopers to the pirhanna pond .

Nina

Nina
Silver & Gold certified. Shopping the Tri-State & wherever else my two wheels take me...
Go to Top of Page

LAlao
Star Contributor

LA
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2011 :  04:32:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
[I'm just hoping thatthis merger won't affect my ability to snag what jobs Stericycle offers in my area now that they've added CORI's shoopers to the pirhanna pond .][/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. Also, the jobs I've done for Stericycle (RQA) have always been at an hourly pay rate which included travel time with mileage reimbursement added to it. It sounds like the Stericycle division may continue to pay this way for a while and the Cori side will continue with their way.
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2011 :  04:36:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So far, I am still unable to actually look for new jobs. I just get an error message. I sent a message to CoRI last evening, and have not yet received a response. Has anyone been successful (I completed the new agreements).

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2011 :  06:05:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The job link works again this morning.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

David Richard
Valued Contributor

Providence, Rhode Island
USA
207 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2011 :  6:26:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was informed of the acquisition and after agreeing to the new IC, was able to access available shops as before. There is no apparent difference right now.

Happily shopping
Rhode Island and nearby Massachusetts.
Go to Top of Page

Debbie Haas

Slidell, LA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2011 :  11:05:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I see no difference as well. Love CoRI hope it doesnt change to much

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  6:55:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I spoke with a scheduler from CORI and she said it might take time for other shops to be seen.
She did tell that as far as she knows CORI shops will remain the same and hopefully adding some new ones in the soon future.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

JayDolen
Trainee

Louisville, KY
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2011 :  09:44:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't really know anything about Stericycle, but have been with CORI for probably 8 years or so... used to shop them much more than I have lately. Hope they pick up some better shops with this.
Oh, and this is my inaugural VoFo post... welcome everyone!

Jay.

Shopping in Kentucky since 2000.
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2011 :  12:02:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has this happened to someone before: A job shows a B, but it lets you put it into your cart. Then when you look in the cart you can't pick a date? I've emailed them 3 times but no one answers and everyday the commission goes up more.
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2011 :  12:11:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Darlene -

That happens when 1) the 3-day window for accepting the assignment has not yet been reached or 2) you are not eligible during the next three days to accept the assignment (probably due to some type of rotation issue). It can also happen when someone else has put the job in their cart but has not yet selected a date (it will stay in the cart that way for a few hours; it always tells you how long you have to select a date). When I find that the date I want is not available, or I decide for some other reason to pass on the shop, I remove it from my cart but I suspect many people don't bother and that blocks other people until it auto-removes itself from their cart.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  07:12:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ok---just wondering has anyone else rates NOT gone up this month???
Was going to pick up a few shops but NOTHING was increased.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  07:25:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nope the fees are not going up. I just won't do the shops for the low fees even if I am driving right by. I do have my pride.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  08:41:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The hardware stores are the only thing that appear to have budged.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  1:31:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
strange??!??!
I know it is only the 6th but does anyone elses rates usually go up by now??
I was in a remote area this past weekend and was thinking about picking of the couple that were way out there but they were both still at 4.00.
I asked in chat about the rates and she said she has no control, I said I understood that but usually the distance ones in the middle of no where usually go up to something more than 4.00 right away. She asked why I didnt do them

REALLY??????

I told her that I wouldnt do a shop and all that work, and in this heat for only 4.00.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  3:19:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was out of town for the weekend. I pulled into one of the gas stations to get gas, realized it was a CoRI store, and used my phone to pull up the list. It was there, but still at $4, so I simply bought my gas and left. It takes more than $4 worth of time just to answer everything on the report, never mind the onsite time. If the only requirement were to take a photo of the pump used, I might have done it anyway, but only if it had been just that one question/photo.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums